racquet makes rattling noise when i swing

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bobbarker111, Oct 19, 2007.

1. bobbarker111

bobbarker111 Regular Member

does this just mean there is a lose gromet? cuz i just bought this racquet and i hear this noise so im a bit worried

2. Craig

Craig Regular Member

Hollywood Video and hoping to coach
    the only thing that comes to my mind is yes it could be a loose gromet or it could be because of your cone because if the cone is cracked in any way or the inside since the shaft is just screwed to the handle and the cone covers that, that part of where the shaft and handle meet could be breaking. but since you said you just got it, i dont know what else could be the problem

3. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Is the rattling from the frame? I have a similar problem with my woven 9 - rattling noise from the frame. I think its either a broken grommet or a stray graphite shard which broke off the inside of the frame. I plan to try and poke it out using a sewing needle the next time I restring.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

That's the most likely thing that happened. I have that problem on my old Babolat racquet, and I can tell that it's comming from inside the frame. But.. wouldnt poking out a little piece of graphite be pretty hard to do ? Or is it just the broken grommet :|

5. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Not tried that yet, as my strings are still ok. So not sure how hard it would be - hopefully the shard would be brittle enough to break apart using a needle and will be small enough to drop out of the grommet hole.