Pattern for SOTX Woven 7 and its max tension

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by alan06, Oct 19, 2007.

1. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

Just wondering is there a different pattern for Woven 7 or is it the same like Yonex's? Also, they said that the racket can be strung up to 31lbs. Is this the max recommended tension? Thanks all!

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yonex's stringing pattern is fine. I strung it to 30 lbs X 33 lbs before without problem. Just make sure you cut ASAP when you mishit and pop a string, or the frame will fold in.

3. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

So I can string it like my armortec 700? 22x22 pattern? I have a Klippermate drop weight machine with 2 main points support...i will probably string my woven 7 at 25x27lbs.

4. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Are you using Klippermate fly clamps? If so, You CAN NOT string badminton racquet @25X27 lb without moding the clamps or damaging the string.
    If you use Yonex or HiQua fly clamps, you can go up to 27 lb without problem. Just be quick and careful.

6. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

I'm using 2 HiQua fly clamps along with 2 Klippermate fly clamps. Everything worked out great except my last cross seemed to lose tension even though I cranked up another 2lbs. What's the difference between Yonex and HIqua fly clamp? Is the yonex's clamp smaller?

7. silentheart

I have both and I use HQ for mains and Yonex for cross because the space between strings. The mains has smaller space which HQ fits well. While crosses are wider, Yonex clamps works well. Yonex clamp is smaller but clamp with more force.
    If you are talking about the mains lost tension on the last string, it is your knotting issue.:D I will suggest you after you tension the last main w/ 2 lb+ and clamped it. Insert the string through B8. Secure the holding arm by insert the peg into the turn table. Tension the string across the other side. (Be very carefule on this) Without removing the clamp and the extra string tensioned, insert the pathfinder awl in the B7 to stop the string from moving. Hold the awl while you release the tension. Tie the first knot while the awl is still in B7.
    If you are talking about the last top cross tension drop, use the old method and string from A to B. I always find it is very difficult to use HQ clamp to secure the top 2 crosses. The Klipermate clamp will slip for sure. So your best bet is to use Yonex clamp for crosses and use old stringing method.
    If you want to buy a Yonex clamp (or accessaries), please PM me. I am going to order something next Monday and I can get Yonex clamp for you for $20 each + $5 S/H.

8. alan06

alan06 Regular Member

Thanks for your tip silentheart! I don't think my knots have problem. I use the pro knot to secure the last string. My last cross is always on the bottom. I use two Hiqua clamps for that. What do you mean by stringing from A to B? thanks!

9. silentheart

A is top and B is throat according to Yonex stringing pattern.