Any suggestions for unusual stringing tech/patterns?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mojopin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    Ive strung a good few rackets these last few months, thanks to all the help on the forums, and ive developed my own small variations on the good sense and advice thats to be found here. Im really happy with my string jobs, and can consistantly reproduce the same quality and character each time.

but im bored:) I have a woven 11 that i need to restring and i was wondering if there was anything unusual or interesting i could try? i accidentally left out a very high cross the first time i strung it ( i was so used to the yonex pattern i didnt even notice what i was doing), around the 5th from the top, and i felt the sweetspot was very hard to find (although it was too tight for me anyway-@28pounds)

so are there anything wierd methods or patterns or whatever youve always wanted to try but couldnt be bothered?anything you think is cool, but nobody believes you? i just want to try different things, cause its not my main racket anyway.

2. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Usually i skip the third from the bottom string (cross), coz i like that high pitch "ping" sound and i feel soft with it and repulsive too.But i don't know wether it againts the Law of badminton rule no: 4.2.1 not sure.

4.2 The stringed area:

4.2.1 shall be flat and consist of a pattern of crossed strings either alternately interlaced or bonded where
    they cross. The stringing pattern shall be generally uniform and, in particular, not less dense in the centre than in any other area; and

4.2.2 shall not exceed 280 mm in overall length and 220 mm in overall width. However, the strings may
    extend into an area which otherwise would be the throat, provided that:

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I notice some put something like a pony tail or knots near to the T shaft. It claims that it reduces vibration. Some say its a signature. No diff to me. During the younger days, I used to have a big gap from the base, the feel is better. Some chinese players in the 80s invented it. Same lots of strings for sure. hehe.

4. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Dear extremenanopower,

Some of your extremepower rackets got that zig-zag gromet position.Is it againts the rule no. 4.2.1 "shall be flat" which is mean the string bed shall be flat.

Apacs too got this zig-zag grommet position in one of their model.