Racket string constantly breaking...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by St00pid, Oct 26, 2007.

1. St00pid

St00pid Regular Member

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. My racket string keeps on breaking when I do smashes or clears...

Armortec 900 Technique:
    - BG-85 @ unknown tension (23lbs I think) | one month
    - BG-66 @ 25lbs | one week
    - Currently strung with BG65 @ 25lbs

Woven 7:
    - BG-65 @ 25lbs | several months (I was a noob at this time, and was still practing proper technique)
    - BG-80 @ 25lbs | two weeks
    - Currently strung with RSL Ti-650 @ 25lbs

I'm pretty sure 25lbs is my ideal tension, because all of my shots are perfectly fine. My technique isn't INCREDIBLE, but it's still pretty good. What should I do? I'm not really rich either, so my wallet is taking a huge hit.

Thanks in advance!

#1 St00pid, Oct 26, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  2. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    try using a thicker string such as BG65, BG70pro or NBG95

3. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

that looks about right actually, consider the thickness of the strings:

bg-66 = 0.66mm - this barely lasts me more than 2 sessions
    bg-85 = 0.67mm - a bit better, but not much, great string though
    bg-80 = 0.68mm - much more durable than bg-66, but i still prefer bg-85
    bg-65 = 0.70mm - this one should last you a while, so i'd go with this if your wallet is an issue

4. Heftiforex

Heftiforex Regular Member

defintily NBG 95. NBG95 even at 25/26 kbs it should last 2 months or more. how much do you pay for a stringjob?

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Of the Yonexes, Nanogy 95 is probably the best compromise between playability and thickness. Outside Yonex, I'd recommend Ashaway MicroPower - I use it at 28 lbs, but it's a 0.70mm so it can cope easily.

I wouldn't try BG-66 again: despite being one of the very best performing strings, it's also Yonex's joint thinnest (along with Nanogy 98, which is incredibly expensive).

(The 900 series has an Achilles heel: there is a lot of space between the top cross and the top of the frame. I've seen miss-hits here break string within two hours, regardless of type or tension.)

6. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If your string still breaks frequently then buy BG37 which is 0.79mm. i think this is the thickest string in the market

7. NoName1225

NoName1225 Regular Member

try the ashaway microlegend or microlegend xl. They're around .69 to .70 So pretty thick, just as thick as the bg-65 but holds tension a little better. It's a little steep in price if you break strings very frequently, but definitely worth a try.

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Try NBG 95 if u want a .69mm thickness string or try NBG98 if u want a .66mm thickness string.Although both of them stands on the most expensive yy strings,those two r worthed,in terms of durability n repulsion.
    My BG66 lasts about 2 months already.The string is peeled off on the sweetspot position,but still doing good.I'm not the kind of player that break strings often.Lucky me!..

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    OMG, BG66 for 2 months :confused: .. sounds like some sort of record :p ... how many playing hours did you put inte the string during this time???

NBG98 breaks quite easilly for me.. NBG95 breaks a little more easy than BG65 for me.. I think the Gosen nanocubic has been the ones holding up the best for me of the < .70mm strings..

/Twobeer

10. AMRaider

AMRaider Regular Member

For durability, I recommend BG70 Pro. It is tough and holds tension better than BG65. At moderate to high tensions, you will maintain good "touch" but because BG70 Pro is a very rigid string (not stretchy), power may not come as easily compared to BG80, BG66, and BG85. Cheers.