User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 183
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    which ones do you play at. maybe just different times, or mainly adult sessions that he attends...

    in general i know he goes stops by Cameron on Monday and Friday evenings, Guildford on Saturday morning and night, Cambie Comm center on weekdays, varies on the days he comes, but usually two or three times a week he will be there.
    Britannia on Saturday afternoon, BCIT on Sundays.

    As for the other centers, are the ones he mentions to me about his route.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mainly killarney, renfrew, and bonzer, but i stop by alot of other centers too. so do u know when they stop by at those centers?

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Badminton Stores in Vancouver, Canada.

    Can anyone tell me where can I find badminton stores in Vancouver?
    Haven't found one so far.
    I can only find equipment in such stores as SportMart n SportChek, which sell little.
    I'm looking for a sport store that sells strictly badminton stuff.

    And also, can anyone recommend someone/place who do the stringing?

    Thanks.

    Absinthe.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Badminton Stores in Vancouver, Canada.

    Originally posted by Absinthe
    Can anyone tell me where can I find badminton stores in Vancouver?
    Haven't found one so far.
    I can only find equipment in such stores as SportMart n SportChek, which sell little.
    I'm looking for a sport store that sells strictly badminton stuff.

    And also, can anyone recommend someone/place who do the stringing?

    Thanks.

    Absinthe.
    Check out the list here

    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...&threadid=6200

    For store that sells strictly badminton stuff, you will be looking at pro shops but even the racquet hovel at VRC sells squash & racquet ball stuff. Only one that I know is Darryl's which only sell Forza stuff.

    Tad's or Abbie's do good stringing although I have heard that Abbie's would not string above recommended tension.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Vancouver Best Place to buy Raquets

    I am visiting Vancouver next month, would members of BF who reside in Vancouver and surrounding areas please let me know the best place or individuals to buy raquets.

    I saw another posting by GRYP I have PM'ed and emailed him not received a response yet.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bmsupport: Hey - if you're in Vancouver, it wouldn't be a complete visit without playing a few games with the local BF'ers. Bring your racquets and gear along, or if you are in a shopping mood buy and try them out with us! Lots of gyms to play in!

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yup, you should definitely play a bit of badminton with the local BF'ers. I was out there a fews ago and it was fun! Watch out for Baddy's backhand..it might kill ya..haa. I actually checked out Tad's while I was out there and they have a wide selection but the price isn't the best. However, if money is not a problem then they'll probably have what you're looking for. You could also try out some Winex racquets if you get a chance to convince WWC to join you for some baddy. I ended up buying a demo JooBong off WWC since I liked the look and feel of the racquet.

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Richmond, BC
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry.. been getting lots of PMs.. I try my best to reply them all..

    Of course I don't reply if ppl are asking for an armortec 700 or 500.. because as I said before in my post.. I can't order them yet :O

    ANYWAYS for sure if you're in Vancouver.. come play at the VRC with us

    Heck.. i joined the club because of these BF guys..and the BF meet we had on that saturday night a while back.. lol

    And if you need yonex stuff.. yep you can talk to me about that.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BF Meet this Thurs & Sat?

    Oops...I did a reply to this thread and then realized that it was under Market Place.

    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...threadid=10551
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 06-24-2003 at 04:28 PM.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default stringers in vancouver

    any one know any trust worthy stringers in vancouver area?
    i don't trust sportcheck with my racquet really.

    thanks

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I don't remember wrong, u can contact "badrad" from this forum. He lives in Vancourver, and he's an experienced stringer.

    I have learned a lot from him, when I started to learn how to string back then.

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Too busy lately

    Thanks LB. Glad to have been of help. Certainly when I started stringing way back when, everything was self-taught, no one around to learn from.

    Lately, little badrad does all the stringing. Her eyes are sharper than mine, as I need to switch glasses when doing some of the closeup threading.

    Patman18: There are plenty of decent stringers in the Vancouver area, most of them hiding... It really depends on your location. There are stringers who frequent different clubs and centers, and it is a simple matter of asking a few of the players at these clubs you play at to locate a stringer. Almost every club I have been to there are at least a couple stringers at each.

    If you prefer to bring to a shop, Tads (near 64 and Granville) does good work and reliable.

    If you are in Richmond, Clearone on No. 3 Rd offers stringing service and the price is very reasonable. Advantage there is you are getting string job done by someone who is a player as well, so they will likely know better what they are doing and why.

    Avoid as much as possible those mall sport shops, you really do not want to trust your racquet to some jock who has recieved a crash course on stringing tennis racquets and applying that little knowledge to badminton.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Too busy lately

    Originally posted by badrad
    Thanks LB. Glad to have been of help. Certainly when I started stringing way back when, everything was self-taught, no one around to learn from.

    Lately, little badrad does all the stringing. Her eyes are sharper than mine, as I need to switch glasses when doing some of the closeup threading.

    Patman18: There are plenty of decent stringers in the Vancouver area, most of them hiding... It really depends on your location. There are stringers who frequent different clubs and centers, and it is a simple matter of asking a few of the players at these clubs you play at to locate a stringer. Almost every club I have been to there are at least a couple stringers at each.

    If you prefer to bring to a shop, Tads (near 64 and Granville) does good work and reliable.

    If you are in Richmond, Clearone on No. 3 Rd offers stringing service and the price is very reasonable. Advantage there is you are getting string job done by someone who is a player as well, so they will likely know better what they are doing and why.

    Avoid as much as possible those mall sport shops, you really do not want to trust your racquet to some jock who has recieved a crash course on stringing tennis racquets and applying that little knowledge to badminton.
    I live in Vancouver as well and I can go almost anywhere in the city. Can you be more specific and tell me who can I go to for a very reasonable price?

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Re: Too busy lately

    Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
    I live in Vancouver as well and I can go almost anywhere in the city. Can you be more specific and tell me who can I go to for a very reasonable price?
    Sgt,

    I thought badrad already listed shops like Tad's and ClearOne (pro shop within the club?) .

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe that Traum of this forum also strings racquets. He probably charges less than SportChek too.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Shop in Vancouver

    I didn't see a database to show where to get the best equipment and best deal in vancouver, so I start this thread. Hope everyone post their info.

    Yonex Isometric 90 VFS - SportCheck (Richmond Center) gift so don't know the price
    Adidas Downroar - Sportmart (Cambie and 8th Ave) $69.95
    BG 68 Ti - Tad's Sport Shop (Granville and 70th Ave) $25 include labour

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Paradise, Canada
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think Tad's has the best deal on BG-68Ti. ClearOne is probably a few dollars cheaper.

    If you want a deal on Gosen strings, however... well, I don't want to get banned from the forum, so I better shut up.

    -Rick

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Biggest sotx selection in vancouver stores
    By Dewy123 in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 11-04-2008, 04:20 AM
  2. Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.
    By schubert in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 05-14-2004, 03:28 AM
  3. Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.
    By iameddy in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 03-23-2004, 01:43 AM
  4. Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.
    By patman18 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 08-31-2003, 05:14 PM
  5. Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.
    By Absinthe in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 06-13-2003, 11:02 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •