0 Thread(s)

Wink

Abbie's Sporting Goods
    4895 Main St,
    Vancouver, BC
    V5V 3R9
    Phone: (604)874-6910
    http://www.abbiessports.com/
    --> Before buying here print out their 10% coupon on their website (http://www.abbiessports.com/services/specialbody.htm)

Tad's Sporting Goods
    8570 Granville St,
    Vancouver, BC
    V6P 4Z7
    Phone: (604) 261-6540
    http://www.tadssports.com/ (their site went down though )

Racquets & Runners
    3880 Oak St,
    Vancouver, BC
    V6H 2M5
    Phone: (604) 733-9211
    http://www.racketsandrunners.ca/

Racquet Hovel
    4867 Ontario St,
    Vancouver, BC
    V5V 3H4
    Phone: (604)872-8423
    http://vrc.bc.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile thanks

thans to everybody, who helped me on my question!!!

christoph schubert

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile MP99 and armortech

A friend of mine has 1 MP99 CHN 3U that he is looking to sell, as well as 1 armortech 500 CHN 4U as well. Not sure of price he wants, but I know it will be much cheaper than new. He has only used both racquets minimally in singles play. PM me if you are interested and I will give you his email address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vancouver

can any vancouver bfers recommend me a place in vancouver where they sell badminton equipments, videos, and have stringers to string my rackets?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where in Vancouver have the cheapest sting service? i have only been to clearone.. n their service is $12 for own string.. n $21 for bg 65 ti... is this cheap or reasonable price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fidodaputa
    Where in Vancouver have the cheapest sting service? i have only been to clearone.. n their service is $12 for own string.. n $21 for bg 65 ti... is this cheap or reasonable price?
    Hi! You can contact with XXXX who lives near Orkridge Mall, call him before you go. He is well-experienced and charge reasonable, $8 for labour by your own string and $15 for BG65, $20 for other special strings (BG80. BG85. BG68TI......). Many Vancouver's baddies are his clients and he sells rackets, too. Of course much cheaper than shops. PHONE NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXX btw have a nice day! If you want to know what is the "X" just PM me.
    Last edited by speed78; 12-03-2004 at 05:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh* Im starting to get really Annoyed and Dissapointed by how abbies are stringing Racquets...... My friend had his racquets strung with BG-80 on 23lbs on his MP88(old)... when he got it back... it didn't really feel like 23lbs.. and it boke within 2 weeks...and he only played for less then 6 hours... and we have a tournament next week... now i'm telling him not to string at abbies anymore, cuz the quility in their recent work have really been lacking... now personally i think Sportschek at Station square does a better job. my 2 cents

ps: do you guys think that my friend can ask abbies for a refund or some sort of thing as an apology
    Last edited by Yipom; 12-13-2004 at 01:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you could try, but I doubt it. It helps if you go to the shop immediately after the strings broke, but also depends if they broke in the middle (sweet spot) or around the edges, which would mean they broke because of a miss-hit. You could argue about breaking in the sweet spot so soon after it was strung but if it broke from a miss-hit, it's most likely his own fault. Generally, unless the strings were broken very soon after it was strung, stores won't give you anything because it can be argued that a lot could have happened to the racquet with the more time elapsed after the stringing. At least you know you don't like Abbies anymore and can seek a new stringing service. I've broken strings 5 HITS after receiving my racquet from a stringer, and all I got was a sympathetic smile .

Quote Originally Posted by Yipom
    Sigh* Im starting to get really Annoyed and Dissapointed by how abbies are stringing Racquets...... My friend had his racquets strung with BG-80 on 23lbs on his MP88(old)... when he got it back... it didn't really feel like 23lbs.. and it boke within 2 weeks...and he only played for less then 6 hours... and we have a tournament next week... now i'm telling him not to string at abbies anymore, cuz the quility in their recent work have really been lacking... now personally i think Sportschek at Station square does a better job. my 2 cents

ps: do you guys think that my friend can ask abbies for a refund or some sort of thing as an apology

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! Believe me, Abbie's has quite the repute for badminton stringing job. Wood_22_Chuck (AKA Dave) can bear testament to their 'quality' of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Heh! Believe me, Abbie's has quite the repute for badminton stringing job. Wood_22_Chuck (AKA Dave) can bear testament to their 'quality' of work.
    which store do u guys string the best? currently i bring my racquet to Clearone to string.. i just got my at 500 strung.. bg 65 ti at 24 lb... when i got it bak.. it felt like 22lb or worst..tats wat i feel.. but i could be wrong.. anyone find their stringing always lower a bit then requested?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fidodaputa,

Have never had my racquet strung by Abbies or C1 but I can tell you that of all the retailer stringers... Tad's probably has the most experience and the best track record among them. However, I think most of the club players go to private stringers. Ask around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    DO NOT STRING YOUR RACKETS at ABBIES ...
    DO NOT STRING YOUR RACKETS with Kyle at Rackets and Runners. Anybody else (at Rackets and Runners) is fine.

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good stores around Vancouver

Hey,
    Kinda new to the forums.. 1st post actually.
    This ain't about where to play.. more about where good places are to buy equipment. I'm in the GVRD (greater vancouver) thought it'd be easier to get a good answer in here. I was wondering where some good places are to look for racquets, strings, grips etc. Just ur favorite stores, helpful workers all that. Anywhere around.. richmond/surrey even langley or vancouver are good. I got some friends going back east in the summer.. but thats kinda far away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in vancouver, there's tad's sporting goods, which is on 70th ave and granville. and there's also racquets and runners, which i believe is on oak street somewhere, and also, abbies, which is on main street somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stores that get mentioned often on this forum are:

1. Tads Sporting Goods
    2. Rackets and Runners (overpriced)
    3. Abbies (can bargain)
    4. ClearOne
    5. FlexPro

all in the Vancouver area. In addition, clubs like VRC have in-house stores that sell rackets, do re-stringing etc.

Do a search on the forum for their contact numbers, and WELCOME to BadmintonForum.

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how overpriced is racquets and runners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw WTF, you can bargain @ tad's?, i asked him for SHB-89MX and he told me they have it and what price do you have on it....than i told him i dunno...but by him saying that...i think you can bargain if you tell him a lower price...and they might match that(he told me $120)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast