Choosing a new racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by goalie1, Oct 26, 2007.

1. goalie1

goalie1 New Member

Hi,
    I am new to this forum.
    I am an intermediate badminton player and i am looking to buy a new racquet.
    Right now I am using a old steel Carlton.
    I heard Yonex is one of the best companies but there are so many different racquets to choose from, I am not sure which is best for me.:confused:

My price range is around 40-60 dollars. (CDN)

My sister also is looking for a new racquet and she is also intermediate, her price range is 100-150

Thanks
    Dave

2. goalie1

goalie1 New Member

Any suggestions?

3. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

you prefer singles or doubles ?

(This is the ultimate question) :D:D:D

4. LouisW

LouisW Regular Member

2nd question :-

How good is your wrist work ? ;)

5. goalie1

goalie1 New Member

I prefer doubles...

My wrist work is ok, but I am trying to learn how to use my wrist not my shoulder and arm as much.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    hmm,ppl in china said that if u wanna buy a budget racket,then dont buy yy racket.yy rackets might be one of the best in the market,only for its higher ends.For lower end rackets,u can pick any brands in the market.U can choose kason brand.Their lower ends r not bad at all.Such as the carvel,legerity,carbon.Pick a racket that suits u,ur style,not just the brand name.

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Singles or doubles r not the ultimate factor for choosing a racket.Though there's some brands in the market which designed rackets for doubles n singles.But that doesnt really matter if u're just a beginner or intermediate.It matters when u're already an advanced or pro.In fact,more n more double players uses single rackets(longer shaft),like cai yun AT900-T,Tony gunawan AT900P/At700.As a matter of fact,yonex only made one specially designed for doubles,which is AT800.AT800 is almost gone from the market,but lots of ppl who used it b4 felt satisfied with it.More of it,like ARC-SABER,TI-10..which is used alot by double players,r actually not designed for doubles.So does AT900,but lots of pro double players love it.Me,myself,also plays doubles alot,and i play best with my kason X-carbon 3,which is designed for single players.

So,no definite answer for which one is the best.It's all back to the user.A good player,starting from when u're calling urself an intermediate,should already know what kind of racket u want,that fits u most.Is it the stiff one,a head heavy/balance,a lighter or heavier racket?U're the only one who got the answer.After u know the answer,then ppl can help u with giving u tips on which racket that might suits u.

#8 Smichz, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  9. humann

humann Regular Member