NS6000 and NS7700

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by humann, Oct 27, 2007.

1. humann

humann Regular Member

Anyone can give some comments on NS6000 and NS7700?
    What they are good for and what they are bad?
    What string best fit them?
    Thanks a lot.

2. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

6000 is good and dropping and easy to use and i think is lighter

3. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

i just joined yesterday lol

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

yeah we can see how you manage to get quite a few posts in a short time.

Back to topic:
    Both the NS6K and the NS7.7K dont provide as much power as the higher end models such as NS8K and NS9K.
    Try searching the forums next time, before making a new thread asking questions that have already been answered before.

5. humann

humann Regular Member

There is not much focus quesitons and replies on NS6000 and NS7700. So I open a new thread to ask. Any problem? Thanks your comment, anyway.

6. humann

humann Regular Member

7. humann

humann Regular Member

Dear all,

May be my quesiton is too short. Sorry about that.

Actually, I target to use NS6K or NS7.7K. So I am finding some people using them and see they can have some sharings of using them. I have another racket with Titanium and muscle power system, so that's why this time I do not want NS9K or NS8K and will try a new style. If I want to smash, I will use the muscle power one. But the head is really a bit heavy that I really need a new one to save some power when I need.

For the string, I have not much idea. From the search in the forum, I think I will need to start try from 21lbs to 23-24lbs (at least no need to try 21 -> 18lbs :) joking). But whether BG95, 85, 80, 68Ti, 66, 65, .... it's really need to see more sharings.

If you have your sharing, please kindly help to provide. Thanks a lot in advance.

8. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

You can also try other brand such as Ashaway. Higher string tensions will cause some pain in the arm in the beginning, but you will be delighted by the result after you get used to it.
    *I love the crispiness of higher tension strings.*

As for the racquet, I believe that the NS7.7k will benifit you more than the NS6K as it's a higher-end racuqet anyway. The durability of NS6K is uncertain, because I know two people who bought a NS6K and they both broke the frame within a month ( not due to string tension ).

9. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I currently (also) play with the ns7700 with NBG95 23lbs and this is a good combination. The NS7700 is designed for damping, so the feeling is somewhat soft, but with NBG95, the feeling is somewhat back. The frame is also thicker so f you like to 'cut' the shuttle a lot, this is not the recommended racket. In terms of power, the ns7700 will be a slightly better than the ns6000. These rackets are head light. If you are used to Muscle Powers, choose the 2U weights. The 3U's are too light to generate powerful smashes. Hope this helpes.

10. MZHZ92

MZHZ92 Regular Member

Pupil
    NS6k I think is the most flexible one of the yonex-rackets, I used it before, u have very good control and it feels soft/ good. But u cannot generate enough power = ur smashes arent powerful. Now I m using ti-10.

11. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

I'm also using a NS7700 at the moment. I find it too flexible and soft for me, and I'm looking for a stiffer racket. If you are an attacking player, don't go for these two rackets. The NS6000 is even more flexible. I tried that one too before, and it was like playing with a rubber chicken (I'm exaggerating, but it felt really flexible, not my thing).

12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Both rackets are excellent, just need to know how to adapt your playing stlye to it. I'm rotating between Ti-10, Ns6k, Ns7.7k and Ns9k Type X. Ns7.7k is more well balance be it weight distribution, attack or defense.

13. humann

humann Regular Member

So any comment to your NS6K? Thanks.

14. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    It was my main racket for close to 2 years. It is the most forgiving racket in my stable. Always dependeble no matter how bad my form is. An excellent racket to refined your skills with. For power wise you would need good technique to get power that is comparable to the Ns9K.