Open letter to Admins

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2007' started by ristar, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ristar

ristar New Member

I read someone got banned from this forum because he attacked Indonesia. Is it OK to slander another country (China) based on speculations and hearsays? Why hasn't this user vching been banned? We should promote friendship, communications and understandings. Jealousy, bias and hatred should never be allowed to prevail.

2. thiery

thiery Regular Member

???????????????????????what's the purpose of this???????????????

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

More information should be provided. >90% of things said in this forum are based on "speculations and hearsays". Suppose half of them are negative, then basically everyone should be banned.

In particular, your claim

"I read someone got banned from this forum because he attacked Indonesia." and your implicit claim: this "someone" said something similar to what vching said about China

are just "speculations and hearsays" until you support them with concrete evidence.

4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

There's always hatred towards China, because of their awesome domination.

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think he got banned not for his opinions and point of view but rather the inappropriate way he express them.

6. ristar

ristar New Member

I could care less if someone says "LYB is arrogant", but saying "China is cheating" is an attack to the whole country which should not be tolerated, especially when the so called "evidences" are just speculations and hearsays. If the admins think such kind of behavior is perfectly OK, I don't mind to open a "Malaysia cheating" thread soon.

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Agree with you. If one expresses a view in the right way, he is within the boundaries of free speech. But of course, if it is vile and aggresive without giving reasons of what & why it was stated, it should be reined in straight away.

Although I have always been vocal, I know my limits and I always try to give a reason for my beliefs, knowing that not everyone will agree. A reason is important because it lets people know how you feel without simply making a blatant comment such as "Malaysia players are ****" or "you talk ****".:D

8. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

Be my guest, <s>bananakid</s> I meant ristar.
    Not that I'm provoking anyone but I'd like to see a "Malaysia cheating" thread.
    I started to like it so much here because we sure getting a lot of the attentions.
    Nobody even bother to talk about Malaysia back then but since the rise of TBH/KKK and LCW, Rexy(Indonesian though), Misbun and some other success, everybody start to criticize Malaysia, in good way or bad way.
    Aren't that what China are getting all this while since their domination?

Although we are nothing compare to China, but I started to see some results (MD world no1, MS world no2) no matter how people would called it, cheating, lucky or whatever. We wouldn't even get anything like that even with cheating, 10 or 20 years ago.

And the BC proved me right.

#8 V3i HoN6, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, you think Ristar (new member) is Bananakid ?

10. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    u mean ristar = bananakid = bananaboy = what other name has he used?

p.s. : there's only 1 Admin in BC. title reads wrong :D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what cappy said.

we will happily ban anybody who uses inappropriate language, regardless of where they are from and who they are talking against.

thread close as thread based on incorrect information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.