shuttlecock in the philippines

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Martin Eduardo M. Teves, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Hi guys,

I need help in finding out here in the philippines
    where i can buy TRONEX(Yellow) or RSL SHUTTLECOCKS. I`m new in this sport and i really love it. My group tried the above mentioned shuttlecocks and got so used to it but can`t fined it any longer. I hope you guys out there can help me.

BIG THANKS,

MARTIN

2. ted

ted Guest

we have some local importers of RSL in the country, one RSL Tourney tube costs me around Php550.00. contact number is 364-77-77.

3. Bok

Bok Guest

Hi Martin,

Aside from the RSL Tourney shuttlecocks, other good brands we have tried are the Gosen Red-250. Got a tube for about P520 in Greenhills Virra Mall. There's a small sporting goods store on the first floor - I think in front of it is a shoe store.

You could also try using Gooseflites brand - it's local and relatively cheap per shuttle. The last tube I bought was P450 and it came with 16 pieces. Got this at the Air Force Badminton Club care of Coach Poly Lapena.

Also, it's nice to see a Philippine entry in forums like this - we should really play the sport and campaign for better funding and support for the game. We lack courts to play !!!

Bok

4. albert

albert Guest

Bok is right! try the gosen 250. i got mine for P380 (sorry BOK) also in virra mall. there's a small pasageway at the side of national bookstore (in front of bread connection). go in there and look for a small sporting goods store. i don't know if bok got his there but i know the BUMBAY who owns the store so i get big discounts from him. His name is Don. i know he has lots of brands to choose from. from gooseflights to rsl.

5. v.rai

v.rai Guest

We can help you.....if you are intersted, i would like to recieve yr feedback...thanks

6. oistrakh

oistrakh Regular Member

question

Is Virra Mall in Manila? Are there any good places that sell badminton stuff in Manila? Looking at shuttlecocks and strings.

7. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    we use Areoplaone G1130 shuttlecocks. they're the official shuttles of the Hong Kong team and are IBF approved. We buy them from this house in North Greenhills (550 pesos per dozen shuttles). I don't know if I can post the address in this forum but you can ask the former National Team members who play in Club Filipino for the address. :)

A trainer and former national team member (his name is Jojo Manse (not sure of his last name)) sells Tronex. You can contact him through Badminton Central Makati. Sorry I don't know the number.

Another good brand is Chao Pai (red tube, not the blue tube). 600pesos from the trainers in Club Filipino.

A good place to buy badminton equipment is the shop along Katipunan in from of St. Ignatuis Village. They sell official Yonex equipment. The stringer there (his name is Eric) is also the favorite stringer of the former national team members I know.

Virra Mall is in the Greenhills Shopping Center.

8. pinoysmash

pinoysmash Regular Member

Architect
    chao pai is good.... and aeroplane.. Don the bumbay owns the sporting store, along the alley between the Collezione Shirt store and the watch store and almost infront of bread connection...

or try to ask the former members of the national team that plays at club filipino MWF mostly) 6:00pm onwards...or call them at 7222001 then ask the operator to patch you thru the badminton court...maybe look for Franz Tiosejo or Joanna Ventosa

goodluck

9. MikeJ

MikeJ Regular Member

IT Consultant
    exactly! I got the info from Joanna :)

10. oistrakh

oistrakh Regular Member

thanks

Thanks for your replies on the shops there. So can I assume Aeroplane is a good brand of shuttlecock to play with? How about the Gosen Shuttlecocks? Any Gosen rackets or strings there also? What brands are popular there?

11. pinoysmash

Architect
    oistrakh

aeroplane is good...get it
    yonex still dominates the market....they have a dealer here already, top Gosens models are a rare commodity, i was able to get mine from the malaysian natl team. the lower models are also available at the local shop earlier posted.

ps

12. wira

wira Regular Member

Hi everyone!

I'm visiting Manila for a week (Nov. 24-Dec. 1) and would like
    to know where I can find cheap badminton stuff
    (aside from the places already mentioned above).
    I'm looking for rackets, shuttlecocks, clothes, shoes and strings

Thanks!

wira

13. pinoysmash

Architect
    wira...

will you be buying by the bulk? if so, call my office or maybe pm me for my contact numbers, i can direct you to some of my direct contacts..thanks

ps

14. wira

wira Regular Member

Hi pinoysmash,

Yes, I'm thinking of buying bulk.
    I'll pm you soon!

wira

15. salbahe88

salbahe88 Regular Member

aeroplane and rsl

aeroplane green and rsl tourney no 1 are the better birds avail. chao pai red is also good. most others just plainly are inferior... IMHO

special mention to ...... alam nyo na yun.

16. Peyton

Peyton Regular Member

IT Student
    Do you know where can I order online here in the philippines? If they ship their shuttlecocks. I want the Aeroplane Red..

17. smchiong

smchiong New Member

Aeroplane Red

Hi Peyton,

Were you able to find Aeroplane Red already?
    I can get you Aeroplane Red (SG1130) at P710/tube.

Shipping the tubes?
    Do not know much about it.
    I never tried.

18. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

none
    Aeroplane Shuttlecock red

Hi!

Do you know any supplier of Aeroplane Shuttlecock red. The bombay at greenhills is always out of stock.:crying:

Thank you!:)

19. Cheryl

Cheryl New Member

none
    Hi!. I'm interested with the Aeroplane shuttlecock red. Hoa can I contact you? :)

20. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Hi Cheryl. I doubt smchiong is still active in badmintoncentral. He has only 3 posts, and this post was last 2007. :(