is my victor racket genuine?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tiffxnyx, Oct 30, 2007.

1. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

so theres this thread thats like "post ur YONEX serial numbers here" to see if the yonex racket is genuine or not. but wut if u have a victor racket? how do u kno if its real or a fake? can anybody help me out? :confused:

2. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

so to be a bit more specific.. i recently bought 2 rackets-> super wave 32 from badmintonshoponline.com n i asked for them to string my rackets at 22lbs main 23lbs cross (BG 85). so when i got the rackets n i noticed taht they only strung my racket accordingly to my requests to one of my rackets. the other racket i ordered was strung with BG 80. n i noticed taht the racket head's shape was different.. the one with bg 85 is more oval n the one with BG 80 is shaped more in a circular form.. i figured that maybe because hte rakcet with BG85 was strung at 22 main n 23 cross so it makes the shape of ht racket diffrent n they didnt string the other racket accordingly to my requests so the racket head is more of a circular shape(the tension) but then i noticed taht the racket strung with BG 80 had printing on the racket head that was slightly off.. ill upload a picture asap to show u guys wut i mean.. im jsut a lil worried. but then again coudl it be jsut a printing mistake? can anybody help me? n tell me if u think my rackets r genuine?

3. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

the words "titanium" r kinda printed crook-ed for the racket that is higher up
    [​IMG]
    u can see that the racket head is slighty different in size.. n trust me its not casue of the angle im taking it at..
    [​IMG]

#3 tiffxnyx, Oct 30, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  4. Ramster

Ramster Regular Member

Student
    Oh wow O.O, I think you're right

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

either its
    1) Fake
    2) bad batch from factory

or maybe some funky stringing methods that warped the shape of your racquet but still doesn't explain the crooked print.

6. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

there's a possibility that the one that has crooked printing is fake...
    however, i've never heard of fake victor rackets... please ask your source about this...
    another possibility is that this is from a bad batch...
    but i don't know about the possibility that this is due to warped frame... i own a lot of victor rackets, and i constantly string them 27-31 lbs... they don't warp (change shape) that significantly...

7. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

the only racket that i have warped is a yonex... however, unlike your photos, the vertical dimension of my yonex decreased, while its horizontal increased... kinda like having a proportion...making it really round... (i remember someone posting KDM's NS8000 here in bc.. looks the same lol)

8. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

ahh.. wut am i suppose to do? what CAN i do to figure out if its real or not?
    pleaseee in desperate need of help n advice

9. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

i just noticed something.. i was looking at my two rackets jsut now.. n i was standing them on my table n realized that the one withe the crooked printing on the racket head can not balance on one side.. i was trying to stand it on my table n it kept leaning towards the left.. but when i turn the racket.. it woudl balance.. wut is goign on??

10. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

i talked to wong yu hin (the owner of badmintonshoponline.com) n he said that the reason why my racket head is like deforemd is becasue of different characteristics of string.
    jsut to clarify thigns.. it is possible that the company will make a printing mistake right? or is it one of those thigns where its like one in a million chances..

11. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

i do not believe there is much possiblity of having a printing mistake
    as they take one blue print and print it out and paint it on the racket
    so even if it is possible it is rather rare
    and different characteristics??
    even if there are different strings think, just think
    would it rly warp the racket now o_o??
    so i think you should talk to him again and not let it slip with some invalid reason
    so as mentioned above it's either
    1.fake 2.rare but possibily bad batch

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The frame could be slightly warped, but more than likely the racquet was misprinted. Not sure about Victor but Yonex quality control has always been pretty decent that it's rare to find defective batches in their popular products. Rare but not impossible.

However if your Victor racquet is fake, this is probably the first time I heard counterfeit manufacturers making counterfeits of lesser known brands.

What you can do right now is talk to the retailer about your concerns and seek some sort of resolution. As for the differing shapes of the racquets, only way to find out if it's warped is to cut the strings on both racquets and have them restrung again by a reputable stringer. String characteristics doesn't account for that much of a change, not as much as bad string jobs do.

13. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

wasn't there some thread about that particular website and its owner? can't remember where but it was not good.

14. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    The thread that kikks9 refer to is here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44747

But we need to understand a bad business ethic does not necessary imply that they are selling fake rackets. You need to view the incident in the thread and yours as 2 seperate incidents and apply your own decision.

On the warp frame, it is possible that these 2 rackets are strung by 2 stringers with 2 completely different calibred machines and 2 different methods altogether. As suggested by one the posts that you can check this out by restrung these 2 rackets locally by a same stringer with same set of strings and tension.

15. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    post the serial number on the shaft ofthe racket. I believe it is a defective batch with bad stringing rather than a fake

16. Hierkommtnils

Hierkommtnils Regular Member

Fin. Controller
    Never heard something about victor fakes, I don´t think they are faked.
    If they play equal it is ok.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I've been strung rackets (my own and others) with BG85 and BG80 for a long time, and never experienced such a significant shape change for any. I suspect that the bad string job could be the main factor.

Also, 22x23 combo is a bit odd, unless the stringer specified his machine setup request such combo. Usually, the cross is 10% higher than the main, which means 22x24. :rolleyes:

18. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Also, I have been thinking, if he sells fake to you, why did he sell one real one to you and the rest fake? Letting you to compare them? I don't think one would be so dumb to do such thing.

19. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

well im pretty sure it is true that the stringing job wasnt done very well because i brought it to my coach at richmond pro n he said that the stringing job was bad himself n hes teh one that strings the rackets at richmond pro. plus he also saw like a chip from the stringing job on one of my rackets. n i've had my racket strung at richmond pro before n the strings werent as easy to move around..dunno if that counts or if its jsut like the tension or smth. n yes i kinda agree with u colekwok--> saying how it would be stupid to sell me a fake one and a real one so i can compare the two. but when i actually compare the two rackets it scares me that one of them is different in these ways. so i jsut want to hear some opinions n advice.
    n to wocdam, i will post the serial numbers as soon as i get my rackets from my locker tomorrow =P

20. tiffxnyx

tiffxnyx Regular Member

racket with BG 85 strings:

HK D4789560

racket with BG 80 strings:

HK D4789563

p.s sorry for the super late reply.. n the serial numbers r engraved