new badminton's stuff needed

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by afham07, Oct 31, 2007.

1. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    hi guys,

I am looking for a new pair of shoe and a new racket. At the moment, Yonex SHB100 and Yonex Armotec 900T are my choices.

But, I have a couple of questions:

1. what is the different between shb100ltd and shb100m apart from its color? is it worth to get a ltd version? what is the price of these two in malaysia (pertama kompleks)?

2. I am using NS8K at the moment and I really really like it. To get a new racket with same model is useless because i want to try new racket with latest technology. From your experience, reading, advise, which 1 would you choose that relatively close to NS8K? AT900? T? P? Ti10? NS9k? etc .. What is the price of AT900, Ti10 and NS9K?

Thank you guys for your help.

2. PeZyUaN

PeZyUaN Regular Member

College Student
    Personally I don't really feel the new technologies. Its all about how the feel of the racket is. If you like the feel get it, if it feels a bit awkward don't get it :D you should find a racket that suits your own tastes. the NS8k is a good racket but if you want to get a new one you should go to a badminton store and test one out or if someone else has it swing it around, hit a few birds, etc. (DONT BREAK IT >.> that would get you in trouble ;) just a tip)

3. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    Agreed, always stick with whatever works in terms of your preferences. There are tons of stores out there that always demo racket, especially if you just want to try out the feel of a racket. If you like it, then you can decide whether or not you want to actually spend the dough to buy it. Shoes on the other hand are a different story. Testing out shoes causes a bit of a hygiene thing so that's why I nor anyone I know does that. Because of that, I always go with the looks in terms of shoes XDD. Plus, none of them really seem too different to me.

4. THEbaschti

THEbaschti Regular Member

I agree with PeZyUaN, if your NS8k feels good it's great. Of course you could try out a new racket, but I don't think that it's worth more than 100$ if you still feel comfortable with your old one. The racket has to fit you, that's so much more important than what new technologies are build in.
    On the shoe's, I think only difference is the color, not 100% sure though.

5. afham07

afham07 Regular Member

Student
    how much an armotec900 and shb100LTD or shb100M in malaysia?