Joint (wrist/elbow) problem

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by dontemailme, Oct 31, 2007.

1. dontemailme

dontemailme New Member

i didn't know where to post it so i did it here as it seems the most relevant.

i have been playing badminton for a couple years now. A problem i am having is when i rotate my wrist (move it in a circle) it always makes a weird sound: the best i can describe it as cracking your knuckles but multiple "cracks" as i rotate my wrist. Also, when i do push-ups, when bending the elbow down, it also makes a similar sound described above. This problem has only started after i started to play badminton. This effect doesn't cause pain but it doesn't seem to be normal. Can someone help me with this problem?

- i asked a friend and he said that its related to the overuse of a muscle and the tendons are wearing down ??

2. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    i'm not sure about you, but lately my wrist has had pain when i move in circles, but it'd always had the cracks. even when am in the push up position, my wrist begins to hurt as it goes down. i attribute to it as a minor sprain, but in your condition, i think it is overwork. but i don't have a M.D. so i can't say specifically ;)

3. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    I think I have the same problem. But, almost every joint in my body cracks (especially in the morning). Knees, hips, elbows, ankles, wrists etc. No pain with the cracks. I'm not old, but not that young either - however age is relative!! some of my team mates think I'm very young, but I expect that a lot of people at BC would disagree. Cracks / snapping sounds from my joints are normal, and becoming more normal as I get older.:eek:

However, if I get pain with a movement, I generally rest for a few days, and if it gets worse / no improvement I see a Doc. Then again I waited 4 months until the end of the season to get a lump on my foot checked... not the brightest decision I've ever made.:rolleyes:

Its worth getting a doctor to check it out - to limit any damage. It may be minor, but its worth getting a professional opinion.