Ahhh, the stories of youth...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wilfredlgf, Nov 2, 2007.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Just had a chat with a colleague about half an hour ago and her comments on her handbag (don't ask) sort of reminded me of a story when I was in university:

In a group of my friends (secondary via one of them whom I know very well), there was a girl, let's call her May and a guy, let's call him Jimmy. They were a close knit bunch of pals from the same college.

Throughout their time together, everybody else except May and Jimmy themselves, thought that the both of them seem to have 'something' sparking. Everybody agreed that there is some kind of understanding between the both of them that seems so natural that it's like they were already in a deeper relationship but just don't seem to know it. In short, they were like two hearts beating together, but just couldn't hear each other.

So, throughout a period of time the girls started asking May questions indirectly about Jimmy without implying too much about their intentions, but eventually it dawned to her for the first to actually allow the idea of him being more than a friend into her head. May was a shy girl and she shrugged off the questions with embarrassment mixed with good humour.

Some time later they managed to persuade her to actually venture beyond thinking about it. She was still apprehensive, so one of her clever girlfriend thought of an idea that won't be too direct and yet would actually say something about his person.

May called him.

"Hello... Jimmy".

"Ah, yes May. You sound sick?".

"Hmm... yeah, something like that. Can you... do me a favour? You're still at the college, right?".

"Yeah".

"On the way back, can you... buy me some Panadol?".

"Panadol?".

"The kind that only girls will eat... when they are ... 'sick'. The girls (their mutual friends) are not in".

Pause.

"Oo..k".

They (May and her girlfriends) waited like for ages for him to come back and when he eventually did, Jimmy looked as if the muscles of his face had frozen - poker-faced, stiff, no expression, eyes downcast.

He passed it to her, told her to rest and left.

I can't comment on what happened later, except that they eventually got together after a month or so. ;)

#1 wilfredlgf, Nov 2, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    huh? what was the last part about?

3. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    haha...that was cute!

At least thats better than some girls/guys who pretend that they hate each other when actually they have feelings for each other..zzz..

4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    It's a trap request for girls to test how the guy will react if they find out that the girl is all alone and invited to visit. So they can asses the guy's character

Just like this thread. Hanging half way as well to invite your direct response / reaction and expose your true personality.

hahahaha

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    :D Dink it! Sounds like a juicy start for soap novel :p.

6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i am confused a bit and still trying to figure out how from the buying of the special panadol lead to them being together a month after? is it really the issue of a girl indirectly inviting a guy when she's alone at home like jug8man said or is it the length that he would go to help her even though it is an embarassing thing to do, and most mysterious, what was the thing that colleague said about her handbag that reminds you of this particular story. hehehehehe. like so many hidden clues and yet no solution. :D or maybe i think too much. har har har.

7. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

if the guy was embarrassed for buying the panadol........ then he must have no sister to bully him around to buy all the silly stuff.

Aiyoh.... Last time I always kena (get) bully by my sisters man to do these kinda stuff! :D

8. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, but that is for your sister, and you did mentioned you were bullied into doing it. but here, this guy jimmy, he could ask someone else to buy it and send the panadol to the girl. some guys wont help you know. not unless they really really have no other options. hehehehehehe......hopefully wilfred will shed some light on this matter. kih kih kih :)

9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

hmmm. maybe he lives nearby as well, so it was expected and rational for him to stop by and drop the medicine?

10. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

panadol is not special girl's medicine...it's a fever and pain reliever...

11. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    no panadol menstrual at your place? is it just in SEA? hmmmm.....

12. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    drifit, back then, age 10, he is just a small naive cute little boy. who was running around and plays all sort of things. one day, he picked up the Yonex Carbonex 8(no the built in t-joint), swings around, play around..... :eek: and he immediately fall in love with badminton. couple of years later, they are married. drifit, badminton, pronounced husband & wife.... years later, he picked up tennis racquet. things go smoothly......:)
    till now, drifit has two wives, badminton & tennis. hope they will live happily ever after....;)

13. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    ... i dont get this at all.. whats the big deal about dropping in some panadol to your friend?

14. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    It's rather conservative over here in Asia compared to Europe when it comes to matters concerning genitalia, but I suppose they don't market menstrual panadol in the UK & Ireland?

Either way, the core of the story was about the girl being impressed enough with him for being able to carry out that favour for her, which may normally cause embarrassment if it were found out. You know, the term 'chinese whispers' ?

It probably doesn't make sense nowadays but that's the way it was in this part of the world.

15. mojopin

mojopin Regular Member

Medical student
    no menstrual panadol here:) i getit now. Nice sentiment.Probably applies equaly over here to be honest. The panadol just threw me :)

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

Hmmmm, your profile states birth of date 1979. Yo (and your friends as well) are not much older than me. what am I missing?

17. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    They say when you travel approaching the speed of light...

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Wah, why not warp space :D?

19. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Erm, that's exactly what happens when we travel approaching the speed of light (from the observer's view)...

Anyway, put in some anecdotes of your own in here - this can't be the only one which is interesting from the days of youth...

20. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    woh, you were born in 1979 and already considering yourself as old? ouch, that means i am old too. but really, i feel 21 inside. always.....heheheheheh :D