India

Discussion in 'India' started by baddylover28, Nov 2, 2007.

1. baddylover28

baddylover28 Regular Member

Vagabond
    hi,

There are many courts in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh for badminton lovers to play.

Hyderabad has almost 4 International Stadiums with multipurpose Indoor Court Arenas for badminton. Apart from the Government Stadiums, there are also private clubs where you can play on an hourly basis on payment, other than monthly memberships which are also available at the stadiums.

The following places are available for play:

1. KVBR Indoor Stadium, Yousufguda (membership only, no hourly basis)
    2. LB Indoor Stadium, Basheerbagh ( " )
    3. Gachibowli Indoor Stadium ( " )
    4. Saroornagar Indoor Stadium ( ")
    5. Madhuranagar Indoor Club (Hourly basis, or membership)
    6. GHMC Indoor Club, Ameerpet (membership)
    7. GHMC Indoor Club, Vijayanagar Colony (")
    8. Filmnagar Indoor Club, Jubilee Hills (")
    9. Income Tax Courts, Banjara Hills (")

So, incase anyone badminton lovers visiting the city can think of visiting these places in order not to miss playing the game.

:)

BaddyLover

2. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hi

I saw several posts on BM in Hyd.I currently play @ Nizams.Are you playing some place?Good idea to catch up?

Rgds/Ranjit

3. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hey Ranjith,

I do play at KVBR Indoor Stadium, Yousufguda. Sure thing we can catch up sometime.

Cheers. Sai

4. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hi

Hi Sure thing,I play at Nizam.By the way whats th prcedures to play at yousufguda?membership?

5. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hey Ranjit,

Actually you need to be a member to play at the Stadium. Its a world class indoor stadium, with world class players like me (tsk tsk just kidding).

The fee structure is like this Adults (one time non refundable fee of Rs.1000/), and a monthly recurring fee of Rs.1000/-. So initially when u join it would be Rs. 2000/- (nonref.fee+monthfee). Only the courts are provided and we need to bring our own shuttles and partners, if any.

Normally the membership get annulled if we abstain from the court for 2 months consecutively as per the stadium rules charter. So normally what i feel is that we need to intimate the coach in advance if we are unable to make it for 2 months, though no baddy lover can refrain himself for such long time. :)

For students below 15yrs., Rs.500/- monthly with a non refundable fee of Rs.1000/-, so they pay around 1500/- initially when they join.

How about the procedures at Nizam's club??

Cheers,
    Sai

6. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hi

thanx for all that info.jes a few more things:

1.What are the timings?
    2.Hows the quality of the game there?
    3.Is it very crowded?New comers welcome there?:)

as for nizams,well either you hv to be a member of the place (memberships have been closed for ages now)or else u can play as temporary member if a permanent member introduces you.its 750 pm and a one time non refundable 1000.i play as a temporary member.

Cheers
    Ranjit

7. baddylover28

Vagabond
    Oops sorry i 4got to mention those things, though I had them in my mind while replying earlier, guess it skipped my mind while typing...

1. 6AM-7:30AM (sometimes gets extended till 8AM), 4:30PM-6:30PM

2. Quality of game depends on your skills. Normally whats ur level of game? Maybe I would suggest that you visit the place once & check before you decide on the quality since it depends on the individual assessment.

3. Yes its crowded in the mornings, but evenings are comfy. Though I dont know what timings you prefer?? If its in the mornings not sure whether there are any openings or not. But there is always a chance to try ur luck. Newcomers are definitely welcome always. Existing groups do invite newcomers, but mind you there are politics involved in all walks of life, so dont get carried away in the initial stages.

PS: Also please do generate more requests to KWUN for starting a SUBFORUM -- "INDIA". I have earlier made requests on the same note but KWUN insisted that we need to generate more requests from users/guests for him to create a "INDIA" subforum. Inform all the contacts u have in this forum too pass on the same and do the needful.

Cheers,
    Sai

8. Rajeshgsb

Rajeshgsb Regular Member

Software Professional
    Dear Ranjit and Sai,
    I am more than interested to join playing along with you people if allowed for a monthly fee. Can you please let me know how can that be possible?
    Kind Regards,
    Rajesh

9. avataar

avataar Regular Member

sai - great to see such enthusiasm to get an India forum going on BC. but as long as you have something worthwhile to start of a thread with and if the discussion has substance a lot of ppl will follow the thread.

indian badminton scene has alot going on and a thread on this subject wil generate mor ethan enough interest irrespective of it being in a subforum or not

10. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi Rajesh,
    I think I replied to ur private msg, hence not repeating again.

Cheers,
    Sai

11. baddylover28

Vagabond
    thanks for the appreciation, its just my two cents worth of effort, to bring in a subforum for INDIA.

Maybe I was thinking on the same note.....yea will do as I keep seeing the players in action, at practice sessions, sometimes Indian camps.... I have the privilege of knowing some local coaches there....hence the proximity.

Sai.

12. arjuntew

arjuntew Regular Member

Software Guy
    hey baddylover,
    Is it possible for you to provide me with the procedure to join Gachibowli indoor stadium? Is it open for all?

13. baddylover28

Vagabond
    hi arjun,

Yes, its open for all & anybody can join gachibowli indoor stadium, provided u take membership there. I guess the fee structure goes like this tentatively: Non refundable admission fee: Rs. 1000/- + Rs.1000/-(monthly fee). So basically u end up paying Rs. 2000/- for the first month and subsequent months u pay Rs.1000/month. Please confirm the fee structure once again with the stadium administrator or coach.

cheers.

14. arjuntew

arjuntew Regular Member

Software Guy
    Thanks a ton Bro. You play at Yosufguda, may be we can catch up some time.

15. arjuntew

arjuntew Regular Member

Software Guy
    Sorry baddylover, coz I am piling you up with questions. :) Do you have any idea about the Gopichand academy? Can one play there? Its been quit a while since I played so I need to brush up and improve. What place do you think will be better Gopichand academy or Stadium? and what is the procedure at gopichand academy?

16. baddylover28

Vagabond
    never mind pal. gopichand academy is available too, but i'm not aware of the playing facilities nor the fee structure, but one thing is for sure, the courts are available for play for non players too, but in certain specific timings and the courts I believe(am not sure) are airconditioned and the rates are very high. So you can do me the honors of finding out and reverting back to the forum with more useful information than the one i'm providing to you.

How old are you?? not that I want to know ur age, cos academies take up students of certain age only for coaching/training them. There is no harm in asking them if they provide training for people like you. If u live close to gachibowli then u can take out some time and visit both the places, see for urself and decide which is better. My advice would be gachibowli stadium.

17. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Madhura Nagar Club

Madhura Nagar Club near Ameerpet,memberships are exhausted....a huge waiting list,but can play as guests...35rs per hour....provided no members waiting on the sidelines(can be an irritant this clause).

18. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    SS Recreation & Health Club,Vivekananda Nagar Colony,Kukkatpally

(located abt 1 km from the main juntion.)
    Available for Rs 50 per hour,and also membership for Rs 600 per month.one hour slot daily.

contact person of the club.Srinivas Reddy (ph. 9394064187)

and also theres another Club there exclusively for the residents of Vivekanada Nagar Colony. Courts not in the best of conditions:)

19. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Neo Citizens Club(SS Club)Sainikpuri/AS Rao Nagar

Neo citizens club.Open to only members.Wooden court.Guests not allowed.Only one court available.Poor lighting & wooden planks have begun to give away.way too crowded.Its near Neredmet Cross Roads opposite Dawat Restaurant.Lifetime membership is around 15,000rs.Membership still open.

20. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Begumpet-Chiraan Fort Club

Open to members & guests of members.2 wooden courts.Above average.Maintenance not all that great.One court is forever monopolised by members.Mornings are extremely crowded.Evenings are manageable.Guest charges are 100/- one time.This club is situated near HUDA building in Begumpet,behind Splendid Towers(Airtel). Membership 700/- permonth.

NOTE:COURT HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR RENOVATION FROM 2007.NO UPDATE ON REOPENING DATE