any low priced court rentals in RIchmond BC?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by eddiemon, Nov 3, 2007.

1. eddiemon

eddiemon Regular Member

Hi, i just wanted to know if there are any low priced court rentals in richmond bc EXCEPT community centres

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    There are various places that you can rent courts. Community Centres which you have indicated that you don't wish to look into. School gyms (usually the Elementary schools so lower ceilings) and there are the private badminton facilities like RichmondPro, Cleartwo and Yumo with prices ranging from $14.00/hr to $18.00/hr (I believe). Do a search for their websites.

3. eddiemon

eddiemon Regular Member

But we are like beginner-medium players so are the private facilities still worth the pay for us because most of the people there are like good players or pros.

4. Growler

Growler Regular Member

Engineer
    That's not quite true. Lots of beginners rent courts to play on. I train at Richmond Pro and have seen that for myself (can't really speak for Yumo or Clear Two). So, yes it's worth it to pay, IMHO.

5. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    Why not? It's not like if it is a drop-in. In fact, a lot of the folks who played at RichmondPro are beginners/families who enjoyed a workout and having fun. I think it's $16/hour at RichmondPro so splitting that amongst 4 people is only $4.00/person.

RichmondPro used to only have drop-ins on Friday and Sunday evenings and I don't know the level of play but it varies as I have seen beginners to intermediate folks there. They now have drop-ins for Mon - Fri at different times.

#5 Winex West Can, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  6. eddiemon

eddiemon Regular Member

i usually go rent courts at cambie cc or thompson cc on saturdays or sundays
    we play with 1 more family so like 5 people total
    does richmondpro, clear, and yumo have alot of courts and they are almost guaranteed spots?

7. Winex West Can

Hi Tech
    RichmondPro has 15 courts, Cleartwo has 12 courts and Yumo has 6 courts. At prime time, all courts are usually taken. Once you rent a court, there is no limit to how many people can play (obviously max of 4 on court at any one time). Best thing is to phone and book in advance. The more sessions you can book in advance, the better it is for you to negotiate a discount.

The group that I play with book the sessions in advanced (up to 6 months or a year) as we play regularly.

8. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    Richmond Pro offers $14/hr if u purchase a pre-paid card from them which costs $168

Clearone offers $16/hr + 2 hrs free when u pre-pay for 20 hours