Racquet repair warranty

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by JoHn B, Nov 3, 2007.

1. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

I got a cracked frame on my Yonex Armortec 900 technique and got it sent off to be repaired, at central sports. Got it back without the string i sent it off with but at the same tension (24 lbs)so i went to get my racquet restrung off of someone else and the frame cracks again in the same place after 3 strings had been cut.

I got a warranty with my "repaired" racquet from central sports. Just wondering if the warranty will cover this, or whether ill need to buy a new one?

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Under warrenty, they should of just replaced the racket with a new one. I am not sure why they would repair a racket, they should of sent it off to Yonex.

3. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

Yeah, they did but they decided that it wasnt a manufacturing fault on their part so i had to pay for a repair

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Who is "they?? Sounds fishy to me, you should not be obligated to a repair. Go ahead and talk with Yonex about getting a replacement.

#4 Matt, Nov 3, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  5. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    errrm let me guess... is, it cracked in between the 4 and 5 o'clock region?

No amount of glue can can repair micro carbon weaves~ The glue will just pull off carbon chips on one side during stress leading to cracks again!

The at900t is known to be a little more fragile than other yonex lines esp the 4U weight ones. As long as you didn't clash it, I don't see why it shouldn't be covered by the warranty unless you strung it sky high in which you didn't.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) If it is not manufacturing fault, who's fault is it?
    2) You can not have a racquet repaired to the same as a un-broken racquet without a lot of work. It is almost not worth the labor cost.
    3) Can you take a picture of the crack?
    4) Why did it crack at first place?
    If a racquet is ever "repaired", it is out of YY's warranty.

7. JoHn B

JoHn B Regular Member

Yes i did get the crack at around that region, just through hitting with it, but i didint notice it until later when i realised the who frame had gone. However Yonex felt that it wasnt a manufacturing fault even though someone else i know who had the exact same problem as me with the same racquet got a replacement.

So therfore if it happens again, like it has now, in the exact same place, then i should be able to get a replacement shouldnt I?