is MP99 head heavy or even balance?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Foreverlove, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

Different shop gives different specification, really confused me.

2. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

It's even balanced. In general, current Yonex ranges:

Armortec - head heavy
    MP - Even Balanced.
    NS - Head light

3. Foreverlove

it's now become more difficult to me,
    MP99 seems pretty even balance but still good for smash, but fragile? especialy the Manufacture's recommended max tension is 22ib, while I am looking for 24-25Ibs. So whether exeeding the Manu's max tension will damage it potientially?
    AT series are more durable but are mostly head heavy, only AT900 sounds quite even balance to me but too expensive.
    Only Racket I tried is AT300, which I think it is not as head heavy as AT 150, the one I am using, and still very powerfull.

Anybody can recommand me a racket similar to AT300, which is head heavy but not too heavy?

4. kristian

kristian Regular Member

Armortec 900 Technique
    Armortec 800 Defense
    Muscle Power 88 (hard to find right now,already discontinued)
    Isometric Swing power 900/Ti Swing power SR or SS (hard to find right now,already discontinued)
    Nanospeed 8000 ,still good for smashing even it a little bit headlight,LCW & Howard Bach already prove it.

5. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

MP - Even Balanced (?)

Hi gsloh,

Just to highlight a few 'exceptions' to the generalization of Yonex's MPs:
    - MP 66 is(was) Head Light
    - MP 88 is(was) Head Heavy

The MP 66 & 88s are no longer in production, though...;):D

6. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

MP99's max recommended tension is 22lbs?! My MP23 has a max recommended tension of 23lbs. Strange.. I'd have imagined MP99 with max recommended tension of 24lbs.

7. kitseb

kitseb Regular Member

Consultant
    You have already got an answer to this question from your other post:):) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49428

Anyway, did you try the AT500? I find that its a bit HH but not as much as the AT700, and much cheaper too. But AT500 is stiffer then the AT300, not as stiff as the AT700 - so I find that my AT500 is less forgiving than my NS6K which is quite flexible. I have not tried the AT300 for more than a few minutes, but have tried the MP99. To me, the MP99 felt very heavy and stiff, but that was before I bought the AT500, so now it if I tried it may feel OK to me because I have adjusted to my AT500. I bought the AT500 because it seemed to be a good all-rounder.

Bear in mind that you may find that you need time to adjust to the new racket, but the adjustment should be easier if you stick within the AT range - but that doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't change to the NS range if thats what you want.

8. gsloh

gsloh Regular Member

Which is why I said Current Yonex range ;). In any case, you'll struggle to find the MP66 and 88 in the UK, although still available in Msia and Spore.
    The MP99 can withstand 24-25lbs – no problems, I know of people who string it at 30lbs without a hitch. It might void the warranty – but as its pretty non-existant in the UK anyway (I don’t know anyone who’s made a claim here, unlike in the US or Canada).

If you want to try a racket outside of the Yonex ranges, the SOTX D500 is slightly head heavy but 670mm long and stiffer than the AT300. Otherwise, the Woven 9, similar head heaviness to the D500, 675mm long and more flexible than the D500 (comparable stiffness with the At300/500)

#8 gsloh, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  9. Foreverlove

Thanks guys,

gonna try MP99 today and soon make an decision.
    AT900 seems very good for me, but too expensive and afraid of clashing when play double