AT700 3UG4 vs 3UG5 - different weight?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by carbonex20, Nov 5, 2007.

1. carbonex20

carbonex20 Regular Member

My Amortec-700 3UG5 seems to be heavier than my friend's similar 3UG4. Does grip size affect racket weight?

2. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Are you talking about swing weight or actual mass (ie holding racket vertically w/ head pointing down).
    You have to remember that both specs have tolerances. Balance Point is +/- 5mm and 3U = 85-89g.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The grip size will affect the feel of the weight. It should be the same weight overall because the wood that is drilled out the handle is adjusted to compensate for the weight of the handle depending on grip size supposedly.

#3 Matt, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  4. carbonex20

carbonex20 Regular Member

I don't know the exact weight of each. I'll try to measure them on a weighing machine. But one thing I know is that the 3UG4 definitely feels 'head' lighter than the G5 when I wield it.

5. roller

roller Regular Member

carbonex20, are there any grips on the handle of both rackets? imho different grips (eg. towel vs rubber) affect the balance of the rackets.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I am assuming this is being compared with only the stock grip. Think of this way, on the G4, the weight that your hand is supporting the racket's weight is distributed over more surface area compared to a G5 which is less, therefore it will feel different.

If you put an overgrip on the G5 and it would feel similar to a G4.