User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    Well my opinion is the opposite: Better be creative and ready to create some surprising moves (LCW) instead of calculable and a little bit too boring play style (CL).

Surprising shots from CL are very rare, that's something what spectators would call "boring".
    CL's playing style might be boring, but at least it's pretty effective.
    Last edited by bad's fan; 03-17-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted on 02-27-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Legendary coach Tang Xianhu said that Chen Long should be China's big star of the future...
    Posted on 04-17-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suetyan View Post
    LD also said CL will be a very important chinese MS player in the future, he even better than BCL
    After surfing the whole thread, just found out that Chen Long's destiny was predicted by the Greats 4 years ago !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Gillian Clark, Indeed she is a good commentator in some areas, but I hate to say but the truth (at least to me) that she is very unprofessional in her commentary, too subjective! For a professional commentator, she should not say or express her opinion for particular player/nation as the way she always does. Sometimes (or many times), her commentary is just very annoying!

By the way, she is the BWF official's commentator, isn't she? (Corret me if I am wrong). Does she forget that the audience is from all over the world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Higher View Post
    Posted on 02-27-2009

Posted on 04-17-2009

After surfing the whole thread, just found out that Chen Long's destiny was predicted by the Greats 4 years ago !!!

yea, chen long was predicted to be the future of MS...

he has changed the complexion of the game from what is perceived to be a sissy sport to a more physical sports....

did you see those final smashes from chen long.... we need more players like him instead of these creative players who only know how to deceive opponents but very weak physically....

i am all for chen long to rise to the top... bring back the times of rudy hartono and tan yee khan !!! more physical players pleaseee...

---------
    Last edited by julianng; 03-18-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just watched the semis of the AE, Chen Long and JOJ, nice match, and Gilian Clark is doing a fine job, quite neutral actually

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    I have just watched the semis of the AE, Chen Long and JOJ, nice match, and Gilian Clark is doing a fine job, quite neutral actually
    the finals is even better

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    I disagree. Chen Long played well and very patient. But as spectator it wasn't a nice match.
    The MS final was much better played by CL. Patient like in SF but more aggressive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    he has changed the complexion of the game from what is perceived to be a sissy sport to a more physical sports....

did you see those final smashes from chen long.... we need more players like him instead of these creative players who only know how to deceive opponents but very weak physically....
    Ermm... No?
    All these deceptions and trick shots are the things which makes badminton wonderful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermm... No?
    All these deceptions and trick shots are the things which makes badminton wonderful.
    agree! and because not all players can do such shots, it makes the shots more special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ermm... No?

no, chen long is the best...

don't be jealous of people's achievements....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, to be among the very top, you got to have speed, power,accuracy and deception. The Super Three, namely, Lin Dan, Lee CW, and Chen Long, have them in large measure. I think Lee CW is more deception than power. For Chen Long he is more power than deception. Lin Dan is quite balanced in all four aspects. Notice that I'm not comparing the three with each other but with their own individual inclinations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    IMHO, to be among the very top, you got to have speed, power,accuracy and deception. The Super Three, namely, Lin Dan, Lee CW, and Chen Long, have them in large measure. I think Lee CW is more deception than power. For Chen Long he is more power than deception. Lin Dan is quite balanced in all four aspects. Notice that I'm not comparing the three with each other but with their own individual inclinations.

yes, this is all relativeness..... it also differs among players by country...

if you compare chen long with players like P Kashyap... JOJ, AJ jayaram or rajiv ouseph.... etc... chen long is considered to have more deception than power than other players too....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    no, chen long is the best...

don't be jealous of people's achievements....
    No, no. I think John Wayne is the best badminton player
    Seriously I can't take you serious. I'm still wondering why I replied to your posting since I know your erm... "extraordinary" style of talking

Oh, why should I be jealous? I'm happy to see CL achieved Gold in AE2013.
    You rather should calm down and learn to deal with criticism to your idols.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no. I think John Wayne is the best badminton player
    Seriously I can't take you serious. I'm still wondering why I replied to your posting since I know your erm... "extraordinary" style of talking

Oh, why should I be jealous? I'm happy to see CL achieved Gold in AE2013.
    You rather should calm down and learn to deal with criticism to your idols.
    ok fine.... regarding your criticism earlier... as a 'SPECTATOR' and badminton fan myself... i would like to see more physical sturdiness in players rather than too much unneceessary trickery and creativity among players with weaker physical attributes.... especially in the MENS singles categories... where i think players should play more like men instead of ladies all the time....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite understand what you mean by male attribute here...perhaps you have your own reason to like them so much...
    but anyway, CL's style of play is more patient and tactical then powerful. He has a good smash but don't use it too often. LCW is much more agressive, and JOJ also for that matter (but not as precise in this last case). As for LD, before 2009 he was at least twice as macho on court then CL that plays like a good mummy's boy in comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to note since the Olympics, apart form the Denmark Open where he 'lost' to his teammate and the Korea Open where he withdrew, he's won every tournament he's entered (China Masters, China Open, Hong Kong Open, SS Finals, German Open, All England). That is impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When did she well done Chen long. She congratulated LCW for being a good looser but never said well done Chen Long. She is biased

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast