User Tag List

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up PG was using lots of his experience to defeat CL

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    I'm surprised to see that this guy lost to PG just now!
    It is because PG was using lots of his experience to defeat CL.

Sooner or later, CL (when becoming more experienced at tournaments) will defeat PG.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    CL sure has some way to go ,with age and stamina on his side he is still unable to even take a game of uncle Peter.

Indicates that his skills are still not enough to trouble Gade, perhaps have to wait another year to catch up with Chen Jin.
    If CL is CHN NEXT ONE...then it tells us just how good and unique a player LD is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    It is because PG was using lots of his experience to defeat CL.

Sooner or later, CL (when becoming more experienced at tournaments) will defeat PG.
    This is just funny.. CL already defeated LCW, TAUFIK and Lin Dan.. Why he still can't defeat PG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think CL is a fast learner. He will learn alot from a match againts an old fox like PG.

He seems to be still evolving. Much like LCW, he may be the next pygmalion of badminton. Albeit in his own way.
    Last edited by jug8man; 01-09-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    This is just funny.. CL already defeated LCW, TAUFIK and Lin Dan.. Why he still can't defeat PG?
    Well Taufik wasn't really fit this time.

I think it is playing style, CL could be like Chen Hong, struggling against Gade's style.

Maybe he should learn to play at a faster pace.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to their previous meeting.. of cl and th.. mas grand prix gold 2009 i think

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long beat Gade in SWiss Open this year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who watch malaysia open just now? i had said it long time ago that chen long will not grow up to the top level. it is a true notice if he is such talented he is supposed to be on top already as he has enough time to peak already but he is not.

as the time go by, he will not be fresh and will be paused to no motivation.

when i see his match today against lee chong wei, i decided not to count on him and he is to fade down as bao chun lai.

hope i am wrong as i want to see him and in fact other new star to compete and raise up the entertaining of the game in near future.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Don't give up on Chen Long yet

Quote Originally Posted by bura836 View Post
    who watch malaysia open just now? i had said it long time ago that chen long will not grow up to the top level. it is a true notice if he is such talented he is supposed to be on top already as he has enough time to peak already but he is not.

as the time go by, he will not be fresh and will be paused to no motivation.

when i see his match today against lee chong wei, i decided not to count on him and he is to fade down as bao chun lai.

hope i am wrong as i want to see him and in fact other new star to compete and raise up the entertaining of the game in near future.
    Don't give up on Chen Long yet.

He needs more time (perhaps, another year or 2) before he can get to become as highly skilled as LCW, LD, TH, PG, etc......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    Don't give up on Chen Long yet.

He needs more time (perhaps, another year or 2) before he can get to become as highly skilled as LCW, LD, TH, PG, etc......
    i agree with u.. he's still young..just wait n see.. give him some time to grow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think China should stop putting such a heavy emphasis on tall players, they cant retrieve well.

I dont think players can win big time if they lack explosiveness and ability to have deception and to be able to

mix their shots.

At least CL now realises he has to work very hard to earn points when playing the masters.Same goes for Tago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing why Li Mao and Li Ling Wei left China CBA, it must be the training methods.

An 18 year old Sun Jun or Dong Jiong or Chen Gang trained by Li Mao would have far more playing skills

and would not allow players to dominate them and have their own game fall apart.

Looks like Li Mao's exit from China is Korea,Malaysia and Ina's gain.

Let's hope the CBL can unveil more talents and allow China to continue on its road to

bring up badminton to a high profile.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bbn View Post
    I think China should stop putting such a heavy emphasis on tall players, they cant retrieve well.

I dont think players can win big time if they lack explosiveness and ability to have deception and to be able to

mix their shots.

At least CL now realises he has to work very hard to earn points when playing the masters.Same goes for Tago.
    Agreed.... it's the problem of developing players with height advantage and more wristy style of playing like those Indian players of yesteryear.... it's backfiring big time... no more explosive super smashers like XXZ, CH or CY. Very shameful after 2005 the changing of training methods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think players like CL,Wang YH,Wan Lin are the products of the thinking after the success of Gade and

and Jenns Eriksen in the 90s. But these players were hard hitters and had winning shots too.

Maybe they are waiting for Gade to retire and dominate when there are no more of this type of player but the shorter

smarter players like Taufik and LCW are still around.Perhaps they are all banking for them to leave eventually.

CL should have learned from Nguyen Tien Minh, give it all you got. Maybe he gave too much respect to LCW

and was too tense and did not go out and enjoy his game.

I think we have to wait until after 2012 before the new generation can break thru when the old guard of real ball players retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching the Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles live on TV I was surprised how the crowd appreciated the good badminton played,

it was totally unlike the fanatic,irrational and loony behaviour of Msia BC members here. and for the first time I am proud of the maturity

and good taste of the fans in the stadium, it was as if the matches were played in China or elsewhere.

I wasn't there at the stadium but it is surprising to realise what the silent majority are thinking.

Let's hope that fellow BC members appreciate this and come out and show your good taste and sophistication, and

give a good impression.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chen Long should go for secret training like Lin Dan do . When Lin dan start to break into international scene, he also not so good . Then Suddenly he become good, and beat Peter gade at all England.. Then he never turn back .. and then Lin Dan become super dan . When Lin dan up the air smash , u know 90% the opponent is dead..

My suggestion is if Chen Long want to beat Lee chong wei on regular basis, he should go for secret training .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Li Yongbo has been trying replacing Bao CL with Chen Long, to form new China trio for the Olympic 2012; but the problem now is whether Chen Long is good enough.

Not only comparing with Bao CL, but also challenged by young players like Du Pengyu and Wang Zhenming. In the current Premier League of China, Chen Long lost continuously to both Wang Zhenming and Du Penyu in the past week. And also in the post match news conference, Chen Long mentioned that He lost more to Du PY instead of wining. Du Pengyu mentioned that there is no big difference between Chen Long, Wang ZM and himself.

So the competition is not easy for Chen Long. With Bao CL still playing, and Du PY, Wang ZM not far behind, and also the 3rd player itself is questionable, Chen Long's chance for Olympic 2012 is slim.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast