User Tag List

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Just kick all this jokers out, badminton dont need them...
    we malaysians do not feel strongly only against other races, non-bumiputras by campaigning to get them out of the country and insisting that the country doesn't need them. now we would also like to apply the same idealogy here with badminton. that's the Boleh spirit. or the 1Malaysia + Boleh spirit that's been quite evident here in this forum.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Japan Open final was very close. Two talented professionals played and one won.... regardless of how they got there. (Surely Chen Long had no say in any skulduggery that may or may not have happened with his semi-final)

From what I have seen in the past, I liked Chen Long. Tall yet quick. Talent well balanced between defence and offence. And keeps composed ... most of the time. It is no surprise that he can beat anyone in badminton on a given day.

However the ridiculous celebration sprint after the win, then shaking hands with his opponent and officials only as an afterthought, was not so classy. Perhaps if it was in China with a pumped-up crowd it would have been understandable. Chalk up this lapse of courtesy to youthful exuberance.

At any rate, let us hope that politeness can still be the norm among all the professionals and that nationalism among we BC fans does not ruin the fun we have watching them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from many malaysian mind set. datuk won't lost
    if lcw lose then will be a lot of excuse , reasons bla bla bla bla
    why dont admit cl play better today???
    i can see cl improve so much compare to this year malaysia open.
    he deserve the win. well done cl

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    The Japan Open final was very close. Two talented professionals played and one won.... regardless of how they got there. (Surely Chen Long had no say in any skulduggery that may or may not have happened with his semi-final)

From what I have seen in the past, I liked Chen Long. Tall yet quick. Talent well balanced between defence and offence. And keeps composed ... most of the time. It is no surprise that he can beat anyone in badminton on a given day.

However the ridiculous celebration sprint after the win, then shaking hands with his opponent and officials only as an afterthought, was not so classy. Perhaps if it was in China with a pumped-up crowd it would have been understandable. Chalk up this lapse of courtesy to youthful exuberance.

At any rate, let us hope that politeness can still be the norm among all the professionals and that nationalism among we BC fans does not ruin the fun we have watching them.
    I totally agree with all of this. The ending of this match didn't give a good feeling. Not only the celebrating, but also the influencing of line judge and then not even waiting for reaction from chair umpire, just immediate running to the coach... Oh Chen Long...

And more respect should be payed to such a great champion like Lee Chong Wei, who was totally ignored.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    What do you expect if you put all the best chineese players on one side in the draw?? Do you expect them to "help" the organizers that gave them this shitty draw by letting their teammates wear eachother out? The problem is really that the sport is treated as a "team"-sport more than a individual sport.

Chen Long played a long tournament last week while LCW rested, and LCW had an easy semi with oldboy Gade, so the fitness issue should not really be a dissadavntage to LCW in the final.

LCW is simply out of form as he has told the press, and Chen Long is getting better.. I think that is the truth even if some fans have an hard time accepting that their favourite players did not win (again)..
    Uhm, have you heard about seeding? A draw cannot be arranged after some kind of objective judgement of player's strenght, or as you would say it "put the best chinese players in different halves of the draw". Chen Long was seeded no3!! Only if two chinese players are seeded 1 and 2, they can be guaranteed of not meeting earlier than in the final.

This is a disgraceful behaviour towards fans and opponents. The fans pay money to watch these amazing players and expect semi finals to be played. It is also disrespectful against opponents. It is not sportsmans-like.

And just to clarify, I actually liked Chen Long and wanted him to win the final. But the end of the final left a bitter taste.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixter View Post
    Uhm, have you heard about seeding? A draw cannot be arranged after some kind of objective judgement of player's strenght, or as you would say it "put the best chinese players in different halves of the draw". Chen Long was seeded no3!! Only if two chinese players are seeded 1 and 2, they can be guaranteed of not meeting earlier than in the final.

This is a disgraceful behaviour towards fans and opponents. The fans pay money to watch these amazing players and expect semi finals to be played. It is also disrespectful against opponents. It is not sportsmans-like.

And just to clarify, I actually liked Chen Long and wanted him to win the final. But the end of the final left a bitter taste.
    Some info for you, as you do not seem to know about the change they made to the rules of the draw:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BWF_Super_Series

"Nationality separation

Starting in 2007, players from the same nation are not separated in the main draw of the tournaments. All but the top two seeds will not be divided into two draws as they were before. The top Chinese player Lin Dan has criticized the rule change. 2010 onwards saw rules altered with nationality separation in the first round."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any advantage CL got from the semi would not have matched his disadvantage in playng back to back tournaments all the way to final. LCW struggled against Tago and lost to CL, his fans must be slightly worried

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    Some info for you, as you do not seem to know about the change they made to the rules of the draw:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BWF_Super_Series

"Nationality separation

Starting in 2007, players from the same nation are not separated in the main draw of the tournaments. All but the top two seeds will not be divided into two draws as they were before. The top Chinese player Lin Dan has criticized the rule change. 2010 onwards saw rules altered with nationality separation in the first round."
    I didn't know about the rule, but it doesn't change the way I feel about the issue though. I think the draws should be random with seeds according to ranking and no consideration for nationality. Just as it is now then, I presume? And I think all matches should be played, unless a player is injured or other personal reason. I don't think it's nice if top ranked players withdraw from big matches in latter stages of tournament with the underlying mission of resting/helping out countrymate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Re the celebration i actually look at it the other way.
    CL's celebration was a compliment to LCW. after all it's only a SS title, one of the many yearly.
    That’s mean so much to CL because he knew how difficult to beat the world No 1, one of the best.
    if after the final point he just came over to shake hand made it all 'matter of factly' that it was mine in the bag and may be said something like 'try harder next time'. that would really hurt.
    Believe me, LCW didn't take this behaviour as a compliment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe me, LCW didn't take this behaviour as a compliment...
    believe me, he did

when u've only been beaten twice before this yr, u better believe someone is gona make a big deal if they beat u.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know about the rule, but it doesn't change the way I feel about the issue though. I think the draws should be random with seeds according to ranking and no consideration for nationality. Just as it is now then, I presume? And I think all matches should be played, unless a player is injured or other personal reason. I don't think it's nice if top ranked players withdraw from big matches in latter stages of tournament with the underlying mission of resting/helping out countrymate.
    I agree, that is why i think they should either implement rules to avoid "internal" matches or try to take incremental steps to individualize the sport more, and move away from national federation thinking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Chen long walk over Lin dan in the semi final give Chen Long the extra rest and also more energy against Lee Chong Wei .. What a win finally for China.. now we as china fans will be relief there will be life after Lin Dan retire next year .. Yes,,, Zhong Guo dui jia you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI everyone,

So chen long again beat Lee Chong wei in the Danish open finals, so that can't be just lee chong wei not playing at his fullest. I believe Chen Long became another hurdle for Chong Wei after lin dan, and I also think Chen Long can be one of those hot favorites for London Olympics, because he has everything, height, fitness, shots, and now some experience too.

I had the priviledge to play with him in the Asian Junior Championships 2007 where he won against Arif in the finals. back then Arif looked better than him, but now there's no way to compare these two guys. Good luck to both

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big congrats to CL. Although a bit surprise how quickly he has improved, I always like this guy. Seems down to earth and friendly, but more importantly he will rule MS in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what shoes Chen Long uses ? They look REALLY nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Third Eye sees everything.......

Muahaha.

CL: The next LCW

Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    I think CL is a fast learner. He will learn alot from a match againts an old fox like PG.

He seems to be still evolving. Much like LCW, he may be the next pygmalion of badminton. Albeit in his own way.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast