User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    If I won 3 out of 4 SuperSeries and the latest premier SS, and beat the World no.1 2 out of 3 I would be happy...
    Agree. That s CHN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Agree. That s CHN.
    I think even a bloke from Malaysia, denmark or Indonesia would be happy winning 3 successive superseries including a premier, and beat LCW in the final 2 times in a row ;-)

And If Tago wins tommorrow I think he would deserve it even if he got a retirement from LD...

And I even think LCW deserved the win in Hong Kong SS last year even though he was given a WO from Chen Jin and could rest and get assistance from Chen Long that tired Taufik for him in the semis :-)

And in Malaysia he probably didn't win just because of assistance from Sony Kuncoro who retired against Ngyuen so Ngyuen could tire Bao for him to the finals..

In India SS he may have gotten some help by LYB who didn't enter any tough opponents for him , but maybe he still deserved the win ?

BTW, If i remember correctly he crushed CL in Malaysia when cl had rested one game more.. 21-9, 21-9. So the obvious conclusion is tha CL has become stronger, or LCW weaker physically.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I won 3 out of 4 SuperSeries and the latest premier SS, and beat the World no.1 2 out of 3 I would be happy...
    You missed the point that many BCers are saying that Chen Long won because of some match-fixing within the Chinese teammates to defeat LCW.

However, as I have commented before; Credit ought to be given to Chen Long, whether he defeated LCW with help from match-fixing or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    You missed the point that many BCers are saying that Chen Long won because of some match-fixing within the Chinese teammates to defeat LCW.

However, as I have commented before; Credit ought to be given to Chen Long, whether he defeated LCW with help from match-fixing or not.
    Yes. But the biased fans blaming the loss of lcw on some hours more rest between matches, is similar to blaming your rackets if you loose 21-8, 21-8 in a tournament..It is frankly just looking for an excuse instead of facing reality.... The reasoning is like saying a qualifier that have to play 2-3 matches the day before to get into the tournament will have almost zero chance to reach rd. 2 etc..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. But the biased fans blaming the loss of lcw on some hours more rest between matches, is similar to blaming your rackets if you loose 21-8, 21-8 in a tournament..It is frankly just looking for an excuse instead of facing reality.... The reasoning is like saying a qualifier that have to play 2-3 matches the day before to get into the tournament will have almost zero chance to reach rd. 2 etc..
    I flipped 2 pages back and could not see anyone suggesting that. Do you mean its from another thread? Cos I dont see it here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    I flipped 2 pages back and could not see anyone suggesting that. Do you mean its from another thread? Cos I dont see it here
    The WO is referenced in many posts in various threads as a "reason" for Datuk loosing in many threads if you have missed it.. And if you read this thread you ca read posts like

"They were as fresh as freshly-baked breads and their one day rest on Saturday when they were given walkovers by LD and LX", posted b a MAS fan in this thread, indicating the same sort of reasoning..
    Last edited by twobeer; 10-30-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WO is referenced in many posts in various threads as a "reason" for Datuk loosing in many threads if you have missed it.. And if you read this thread you ca read posts like

"They were as fresh as freshly-baked breads and their one day rest on Saturday when they were given walkovers by LD and LX", posted b a MAS fan in this thread, indicating the same sort of reasoning..
    Getting a one day rest prior meeting your next opponent is definitely a clear advantage over the opponent.

What is wrong with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think even a bloke from Malaysia, denmark or Indonesia would be happy winning 3 successive superseries including a premier, and beat LCW in the final 2 times in a row ;-)

And If Tago wins tommorrow I think he would deserve it even if he got a retirement from LD...

And I even think LCW deserved the win in Hong Kong SS last year even though he was given a WO from Chen Jin and could rest and get assistance from Chen Long that tired Taufik for him in the semis :-)

And in Malaysia he probably didn't win just because of assistance from Sony Kuncoro who retired against Ngyuen so Ngyuen could tire Bao for him to the finals..

In India SS he may have gotten some help by LYB who didn't enter any tough opponents for him , but maybe he still deserved the win ?

BTW, If i remember correctly he crushed CL in Malaysia when cl had rested one game more.. 21-9, 21-9. So the obvious conclusion is tha CL has become stronger, or LCW weaker physically.
    CL is stronger and LCW is weaker

But LD will be the strongest next Summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Getting a one day rest prior meeting your next opponent is definitely a clear advantage over the opponent.

What is wrong with that?
    Nothing wrong with that at all. But the size of the advantage is HIGLY debatable, for these athletes, given the training load they put in compared to the "beakdown" casued by a 30/minutes or so match-workout.
    There are alos many examples of player playing 2/3 gruesome qualification matches that won their matches agianst already qualified, rested, players the next day..And players that got WO the round before that are crushed from the opponent in finals etc.

There is not only advantages of not playing.. Sometimes an additional game adjusting to conditions, shuttles, light and building confidence may also be factors that may favor the player that gets an extra on/court workout.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with that at all. But the size of the advantage is HIGLY debatable, for these athletes, given the training load they put in compared to the "beakdown" casued by a 30/minutes or so match-workout.
    There are alos many examples of player playing 2/3 gruesome qualification matches that won their matches agianst already qualified, rested, players the next day..And players that got WO the round before that are crushed from the opponent in finals etc.

There is not only advantages of not playing.. Sometimes an additional game adjusting to conditions, shuttles, light and building confidence may also be factors that may favor the player that gets an extra on/court workout.
    i always have the opinion that if professional players cannot train and play 1 match for 5 days in a row might as well pack it all it.

for a start, some players doubled up for 2 events thus twice the workload and dont tell me that doubles are easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    i always have the opinion that if professional players cannot train and play 1 match for 5 days in a row might as well pack it all it.

for a start, some players doubled up for 2 events thus twice the workload and dont tell me that doubles are easy.
    I agree.. From a cardio perspective singles is extremely more demanding.. But from pure muscle, and jumping doubles puts lots of stress on muscles for many succesive powersmashes and explosive jumps etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's one reason you hardly see players winning both MD/XD or WD/XD in one tournament. The workload is too much and competition too strong. In the case of LYD, he is also handicapped by his XD partner .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always have the opinion that if professional players cannot train and play 1 match for 5 days in a row might as well pack it all it.for a start, some players doubled up for 2 events thus twice the workload and dont tell me that doubles are easy.
    That s how MAS coaches think and that s how their players, except LCW, can win matches but not titles. To win a title, all things being equal, stamina is a key factor. If stamina is not a factor, why is WYH getting walkovers from teammates, etc. Sure, professionals can play 1 match for 5 days but which one can win the title? Probably the one who s trained to play 2 matches for 5 days, for worst case tournament scenario.Assuming decent skills and tactics. For doubles, I don t remember any who can win both titles. Or even win one title if able to reach SF for both events. This is assuming most strong opponents present at the SS level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    That's one reason you hardly see players winning both MD/XD or WD/XD in one tournament. The workload is too much and competition too strong. In the case of LYD, he is also handicapped by his XD partner .
    Thats very true, thats why CL took full advantages from WO given by his team-mates !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lame excuses. The point is the one who got one extra day rest have a clear advantage over the opponent. Period!

It look so stupid for not recognizing such an obvious fact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the point!!

Whether someone train to play 5 or 10 matches a day he would still be disadvantage physically and mentally because his opponent is well rested and better prepared.

Try getting that into your head because it was such a simple fact.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    That's not the point!!

Whether someone train to play 5 or 10 matches a day he would still be disadvantage physically and mentally because his opponent is well rested and better prepared.

Try getting that into your head because it was such a simple fact.
    Its scientifically proven that the importance of continuity in all competitive sports, particularly racket sports such as badminton. For the 5 days badminton tournament with a break within is equivalent to give away 5-10 points per game to your next opponent after the break.

Although there is no official statement as why Chinas head coach risking to violate the rules laid down by the BWF, as the rules are not allow players to give unfair advantage i.e. a 10 points handicap, the underlined motives are fairly obvious for the badminton world.

Its hard to deny that for most major tournaments China won most if not all the titles, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, World Championship, Asian Games and All England just to name a few . Chinas head coach is under constant pressure from other associations/coaches to ease down a bit and let them have a minor part of it. Thus occasionally China withdrawn the whole team from a tournament or individual matches between team mates to create a false level playing field for the others.

This is also a good training ground for the younger members of the team as well. Knowing that youre giving away 5-10 points to your opponents and still won by a good margin, particularly to the world No 1 must do your confident no harm.

So, unless the others catch up to the standard set by the best team of the world real soon as the Korean doubles do, Chinas head coach will always have to strike the balance between to please the badminton world and to cross swords with BWF for the good of badminton.

Just my two pennies.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast