User Tag List

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    It’s scientifically proven that the importance of continuity in all competitive sports, particularly racket sports such as badminton. For the 5 days badminton tournament with a break within is equivalent to give away 5-10 points per game to your next opponent after the break.

Although there is no official statement as why China’s head coach risking to violate the rules laid down by the BWF, as the rules are not allow players to give unfair advantage i.e. a 10 points handicap, the underlined motives are fairly obvious for the badminton world.

It’s hard to deny that for most major tournaments China won most if not all the titles, Thomas Cup, Sudirman Cup, World Championship, Asian Games and All England just to name a few . China’s head coach is under constant pressure from other associations/coaches to ease down a bit and let them have a minor part of it. Thus occasionally China withdrawn the whole team from a tournament or individual matches between team mates to create a ‘false’ level playing field for the others.

This is also a good training ground for the younger members of the team as well. Knowing that you’re giving away 5-10 points to your opponents and still won by a good margin, particularly to the ‘world No 1’ must do your confident no harm.

So, unless the others catch up to the standard set by the best team of the world real soon as the Korean doubles do, China’s head coach will always have to strike the balance between to please the badminton world and to cross swords with BWF for the good of badminton.

Just my two pennies.
    Kindly send us the link of your findings so we can have a good look at it to see what is missing or misinterpreted.

If you don't already know, that one day break in between matches are used to fine tune the player's game play, game plan, study relevant videos and polish-up the tactical game play of the following opponent.

Whereas on the other hand, your opponent has to focus on his current opponent first and make sure he win the match, does not injure himself before he worries about the next match-up. So the one who already qualified for the next round were already one step ahead in all aspect.

Also he has more recovery time which is so vital during top level tournament, physically and mentally more relax and all added up = better preparation.

Its not like using that extra time for sleeping and shopping.
    Last edited by flite; 11-02-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was so likable back then.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

I am surprised there is no thread on Chen Long for China professional players and felt compelled to start one - he certainly deserves our interest and discussion, esp when Lin Dan may be retiring not long after the London Olympics.

Chen Long, I believe,is presently the most qualified to take over from Lin Dan in future. As it is,right now,he is world ranked 3 and one of the main contenders for a medal of whatever colour in the upcoming Olympic Games 2012.

谌龙
    January 18, 1989 (age 23)
    Shashi, Jingzhou, Hubei,China
    1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)
    79 kg (170 lb; 12.4 st)
    China
    Right

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO, for such world class professional players who are also superb athletes,a day's break for his opponent isn't such a significant disadvantage to himself or vice versa.

Lee CW said he trains 6-7 hours everyday except Sunday,a rest day. That's about what all professional players go through in their training. If they cannot take it that their opponent has the "advantage" of a day's rest, they should pack up and go home. I never heard of any player complaining or giving that as one of the excuses for their defeat:"I lost partly because my opponent had a rest day." The opponent having a rest day may not be planned,it could be due to unexpected injury of his opponent,for example.

Then what about the qualifiers who often have to play two matches a day before joining R1 the very next day against higher-ranked or stronger opponents? Why did the organizer or BWF allow it to happen if they believe a day's break is a clear advantage to the rester?

OTOH,having a day's rest isn't necessarily a good thing,may not do any good,nay,may even do more harm than good in some cases, such as disrupting your momentum or prevents you from settling in fully as in the early rounds. Take Li Xuerui's case in the India SS when her teammate Jiang YJ conceded a walkover due to injury - the following day in the final against Juliane Schenk,she (LXR) appeared unsettled,not sufficiently warmed-up, somewhat "rusty" in G1 which she lost making too many uncharacteristic errors and only managed to get her act together in games 2 and 3. It could be made worse by the fact that in the first 3 rounds before the JYJ walkover,LXR wasn't stretched much. That rest day is a break in continuity that didn't do LXR any good, it might even have a negative effect on her, I speculate.

Don't forget,we are talking about world class professional players,not amateurs or part-timers.
    Last edited by Justin L; 05-26-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long is not the most creative player out there but his current form is damn solid! I would not be surprised if he will reach the final of the Olympics in London or even grab the gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Chen Long has potential to achieve what Lin Dan have done if he continue developing his games and stay injury free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If LD wins this OG, unlikely CL will match his feat. He will be in his 30s? assuming he wins 2016 OG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about if Chen Long upset LD and win OG this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by extremenanopowe View Post
    If LD wins this OG, unlikely CL will match his feat. He will be in his 30s? assuming he wins 2016 OG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is very strong physically right now..you need more than just skills to push him at the deeper end..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fauci View Post
    Chen Long is not the most creative player out there but his current form is damn solid! I would not be surprised if he will reach the final of the Olympics in London or even grab the gold.
    He has the potential to do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    He has the potential to do it
    If he fails to reach the SF in Olympics, I would call him useless. He will never replace Bao Chunlai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boonsak in the first round, that's pretty tricky first round for CL. Would of been great if he got Kevin Cordon though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    Boonsak in the first round, that's pretty tricky first round for CL. Would of been great if he got Kevin Cordon though!
    Boonsak Ponsana is not to be sniffed at.
    His win of the Li Ning Singapore Open 2012 MS title on 24/6/2012 over WZM in straight games shows he has peaked and he could spring another surprise on another Chinese player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skchen View Post
    Boonsak Ponsana is not to be sniffed at.
    His win of the Li Ning Singapore Open 2012 MS title on 24/6/2012 over WZM in straight games shows he has peaked and he could spring another surprise on another Chinese player.
    Your statement is correct. Our Thai Boonsak is very skillful but only his body strength that is weak. He grabbed another Singapore open champion one time earlier and perhaps 2 runner up of this Singapore super series. He used to beat Lin Dan and Chen Hong of CHN before but long time ago. He can surprise every big CHN player but not INA player hahaha.

I end here with my blessing to him Boonsak as he is a very good guy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A clash between Chen Long vs Boonsak Ponsana is indeed a very very tricky match that CBA & CL has to face with. CBA do not want CL to repeat the same mistake where he lost to our beloved Guatemala No.1 MS Kevin Cordon at 2011WC unexpectedly. Furthermore, LYB expectation for Ideal Final of MS Olympic 2012 will be put into a shadow at this stage.
    We would expect a world class match delivered by CL & BP who has recently claimed SO title which is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I saw the draw, this was the first bracket I thought "upset" right away! So maybe he can follow the tradition of losing the first round and then go on later the win the Gold like LD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long has learnt lesson at last year world championship. I will be very surprise if he lost Bosanna in the first round. If he want to be coined as the future king of men single. He should beat everybody apart from Lin Dan. I anticipate a heavy weight semifinal between LCW and Chen Long.

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau View Post
    As soon as I saw the draw, this was the first bracket I thought "upset" right away! So maybe he can follow the tradition of losing the first round and then go on later the win the Gold like LD!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast