User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, I'm against any team event points, especially Sudirman Cup. it has bad impact for China players. SC points "covering" 9 or even 10 months of Olympics qualifying period.just look at Chen Jin who is aim for 3rd MS spots in Olympics 2012. indeed, it is very difficult for chen jin to make it, and become more difficult with "SC points involvement".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
    I don't know about ranking point, but i only know about MVP of Sudirman Cup 2005, which is won by taufik even though LD win all 5 matches include beat taufik in the final in straight sets, while taufik only played 4 times, and lose once to LD. notes : LD beat sony in 3rd group match of SC 05, not taufik. in overall, their only duel in SC only in 2005 edition
    How many times Taufik met Lin Dan at Sudirman cups?
    I remember just for 2005, China defeated Indonesia twice, 5:0 in the group 1B, and 3:0 during the knock out stage. China beat Indonesia at Sudirman 2005 on May 12, 2005: 5:0; and won again on May 15, 2005 by 3:0.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gade, Tien Minh, PSH, Boonsak, Simon and etc all has SC points. surely it is harder for any China MS exclude LD to get ticket to LOG 2012. http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...6&category=472

why china only field LD in SC 2011 ? bcoz LYB decide the starting line up in team events (Thomas, Uber, Sudirman) based on strategy ; to choose the player that can deliver points to china, and not based on which player that really need points for OG / WC qualifying period. even with their best player, they still lose to korea in uber cup 2010, not to mention if LYB choose the player that needs OG points in the starting line up in SC match
    Last edited by Fortune; 05-29-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    How many times Taufik met Lin Dan at Sudirman cups?
    I remember just for 2005, China defeated Indonesia twice, 5:0 in the group 1B, and 3:0 during the knock out stage. China beat Indonesia at Sudirman 2005 on May 12, 2005: 5:0; and won again on May 15, 2005 by 3:0.
    only 1, in the final. Group match : LD vs Sony

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only 3 team event points, but I also not agree with BWF SS finals points. 3 OG tickets available if one country has 3 MS or WS in top 8, but only 2 players can qualify to SS Finals. as a result, it is another blow for China players in OG / WC qualification period. without SS finals and Sudirman cup points, Gade only has 47,560 points, and only ranked 12 or 13, and not ranked 5. http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...&player=107834

several non chn players "enjoys" SS finals points in 8 out of 12 months of OG / WC qual. period, but not for chen jin, chen long, li xuerui and etc. to be fair, SS finals is available for any top 8 players without any limitation to max 2 per sector. That is fair for every one.
    Last edited by Fortune; 05-29-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only 1, in the final. Group match : LD vs Sony
    where did you get this?
    any how, i checked the bwf official head to head records between Lin Dan vs Taufik. It's 13:3. But Lin Dan's Sudirman's win over Taufik is NOT recorded there.

Besides that, I remember that Lin Dan was dominant during the 7x5 scoring times, defeated Taufik multiple times in 7x5. But unfortunately, none of those victories got recorded either.

In badminton, there is no official, reliable source for the past historic results.
    sigh where did you get the 2005 results?
    Last edited by 2cents; 05-29-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not only 3 team event points, but I also not agree with BWF SS finals points. 3. OG tickets available if one country has 3 MS or WS in top 8, but only 2 players can qualify to SS Finals. as a result, it is another blow for China players in OG / WC qualification period. [/URL]
    I totally agree with you. BWF points had so many pitfalls, ridicules and unfairness.

but I thought 3 singles must be in top 4 to be qualified for Olympics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even with their best player, they still lose to korea in uber cup 2010, not to mention if LYB choose the player that needs OG points in the starting line up in SC match
    it should be: the starting line up in team event match

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you. BWF points had so many pitfalls, ridicules and unfairness.

but I thought 3 singles must be in top 4 to be qualified for Olympics.
    my mistake. You are right. 3 in top 4 for OG. 2 in top 8 in SS finals. BWF not fair to china

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where did you get this?
    any how, i checked the bwf official head to head records between Lin Dan vs Taufik. It's 13:3. But Lin Dan's Sudirman's win over Taufik is NOT recorded there.

Besides that, I remember that Lin Dan was dominant during the 7x5 scoring times, defeated Taufik multiple times in 7x5. But unfortunately, none of those victories got recorded either.

In badminton, there is no official, reliable source for the past historic results.
    sigh where did you get the 2005 results?
    I watch it in tv, plus read it in the newspaper that ina will rest taufik, and will field sony. maybe you can read it in BC, go to SC 2005 thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even till the end of OG q period, no (huge) BWF SS finals points for chen jin, simply bcoz IOC and BWF doesn't want china to have full quota in OG. Really not fair for chen jin and china

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another ridiculous ranking points:

Shen Ye only played with Hong Wei, but Hong Wei also played Chai Biao.

Guo ZD only played with CB while CB played with HW, LXL, ZN.

Most important, Hong Wei/Chai Biao won 2 gold titles, hold 100% perfect winning streak so far.

How come the ranking system gives SY/GZD 43174 notional points while HW/CB only 28000. This ridiculous ranking system only punishes perfect wins.

Now SY/GZD is enjoying the main draw at Ina open, while HW/CB have to play Qualification, unseeded (even without any hope to be promoted).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    hahaha! Very well informed you!
    But the Suzhou girl screams like a Hubei girl! Maybe she has ancestry from there?
    Hahaha! Yes, I agree the screaming doesn't seem like something I would expect from a Suzhou girl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weiping_tx View Post
    Chen Long was born in Hubei, but got trained in Fujian since he was a teenager, so he represent Fujian in China's national games. This is also the situation for Ji Xinpeng and Gong Weijie.
    Many thanks, that solves that mystery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.qq.com/a/20130802/018572.htm In this article,Li Yongbo also gives his take on Chen Long and the World Championships (besides talking about Lin Dan on whose thread I've posted a translation of the relevant parts).

Li Yongbo: Place hopes on Chen Long's World Championships Breakthrough

Chen Long's fierce spirit no way inferior to Lin Dan's

No matter what Lin Dans decides to do after this world championships, as far as CBA is concerned she has to set her sight even further. " Lots of people like to compare Chen Long with Lin Dan, actually Chen Long is who he is, in normal times quite gentle, on court he's inwardly even more powerful; even though he doesn't appear as cool,natural and unrestrained as Lin Dan, at heart he's still more fierce. At the Sudirman Cup he didn't meet any formidable opponent, we look forward to seeing him bursts forth at the World Championships," Li Yongbo spoke approvingly.

Speaking of Chen Long's WC prospects, Li Yongbo expressed:" I hope this WC will be the beginning of his breakthrough. Although at this year's Sudirman Cup he swept away his opponents 2-0 in each of the five matches, he didn't face any stiff challenge or anyone who has a forceful impact on him. From beginning to end, he was fiddling, keeping in control of the matches just enough to win them, such was his attitude then. When Chen Long is really explosive, he would launch from a steady position into a sudden and violent attack in lethal manner, for only then could he exert greater pressure on his opponents with volatility.

Although our badminton is top in the world, in LYB's eyes there's still quite some way to go to be as dominant as we are in table tennis. "We've won many championships, but our superiority is very small. More importantly, our say in the BWF is rather lacking unlike the status of our table tennis which enjoys considerable say in the ITTF. It's not like we haven't been contributing suggestions and ideas,it's just that in the past BWF don't understand badminton much and so won't listen to us. Let's look forward to Larsen to promote the growth and development of badminton."

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast