User Tag List

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the Chinese National Games, Chen Long suffered two unexpected defeats, first in the team event to Li Yu, an ex-national player and now provincial coach to Jiangsu, then in the individual MS event to Chen Yuekun whom he had beaten in the team event.

The second loss to CYK could be attributed to his first loss to Li Yu that nearly caused Fujian the team title that was still playing on his mind, though I won't rule out CYK as an improved player. I'm speculating that Chen Long's sudden drop in form may have something to do with Lin Dan's stunning comeback in winning the world championship, consciously or unconsciously affecting him mentally for the time being.

Lee CW is not the only one to suffer from Lin Dan's great comeback, undoubtedly. I remember reading CL saying he is striving to reach his pinnacle at the Rio Olympics, implicitly saying Lin Dan is an obstacle to his rise to the top for the next couple years. I believe Chen Long has the confidence and inner belief to upstage Lee CW but unsure of his ability to best Lin Dan yet.

For me, I think Chen Long is not only a bigger threat to Lin Dan than Lee CW, he has the physicality and youthful exuberance coupled with the requisite skill,of course, to maybe beat Lin Dan half the time to win the big ones. Mentally he is cool,calm and collected but inadvertently allowed his great respect and awe of Lin Dan to overshadow it and stymie himself. That is something only he himself can overcome, just make sure he doesn't end up another Lee CW. Fortunately, Chen Long is still relatively young and time is on his side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder what form CL is in now for the upcoming JO...He will be facing some of the few players who has actually managed to beat him in the last few years, with potentially Tago in the QF and Tommy in the SF.
    Last edited by Giga01; 09-16-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised that he lost to kazuteru kozai in 1st round of japan open in two sets..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chen Long's sudden decline in form is a cause for concern. From the high of the Sudirman Cup when he was in commanding form, he suffered a shock first round loss to Sugiarto at the IO PSS playing erratically, then followed by his not-so-unexpected defeat at Lin Dan's hand in WC'13 after which he was humbled at the 12th Chinese National Games losing to a certain retired-now-a-coach player named Li Yu before another defeat this time to Chen Yuekun, and finally a most humiliating fiasco at the JO SS R1 to an unknown JPN 'amateur' or semi-professional player named Kazuteru Kozai.

In sports as in life, one has ups and downs. Hope Chen Long handles it in the best possible manner, deals with it positively,learn the right lesson and move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CL drop of form has nothing to do with LD, for sure. All the players, except LD, LCW and PG had those spells in the recent years.
    but there are also the cases of players who perfom above their normal capacity for a laps of time, and then go down. It was the case, for example, for Wang SX. We do not know yet for CL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Chen Long for winning his second Denmark open title. He speaks Chinese so clearly btw.
    Btw, he doesn't looks like using his n55 anymore now, he's using n80 now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cycril View Post
    Congratulations to Chen Long for winning his second Denmark open title. He speaks Chinese so clearly btw.
    Btw, he doesn't looks like using his n55 anymore now, he's using n80 now?
    What do you mean with "he speaks chinese so clearly"? His pronunciation?

Yeah, it does look like a N80 for me too. With white lead tape as usual.

The final was really enjoyable to watch. Several nice rallys. Both CL and LCW played well, with some unbelievable shots

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accordaz View Post
    What do you mean with "he speaks chinese so clearly"? His pronunciation?

Yeah, it does look like a N80 for me too. With white lead tape as usual.

The final was really enjoyable to watch. Several nice rallys. Both CL and LCW played well, with some unbelievable shots
    I meant his pronunciation. Thanks for correcting me.

Doesn't adding lead tape on the top of n80 kinda makes it less aerodynamic as n80 is designed like a sword to increase it's swing speed? Weird huh?

That turn LCW made is just so cool! I realize that CL has a very good atitude also, like giving LCW a thumbs up and saying sorry to the umpire when he accidentally hit the tape of the net while killing the birdie. 1 word : IMPRESSED! Keep it up!

9. Likes Accordaz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A resounding victory for Chen Long, The Dragon, once again for the 3rd consecutive time beating his archrival, The Mighty Lee CW, to take the DEN Open PSS'13 title on this occasion. A Clash of Titans, an adrenaline pumping, thrilling, electrifying duel of the highest quality.

Wow, 7 - 7 H2H against Lee CW. Wonder who else has such a distinguished, enviable record with Lee CW in the first 4 or 5 years of his career as Chen Long. I earnestly hope Chen Long continues to grow from strength to strength as I believe he can still go higher and quickly becomes the only one who can seriously challenge Lin Dan (before he retires) for supremacy.

11. Likes volcom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really liked Chen Long's attitude(among other things of course) during the final. If only he could play like this when facing Lin Dan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad CL has shaken off his indifferent form after the Sudirman Cup. Hope he has fully recovered from his injuries . The same goes to LXR for her knee problem. Missed the whole Danish Open as I am on holidays. Will watch the matches on YouTube when I return home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an extraordinary performance by Chen Long at Denmark Open Super Series Premier 2013 yesterday against World No.1 and the King of Super Series Event, Dato Lee Chong Wei. A very good defense, perseverance and versatility on court are among the keys of Chen Long yesterday's victory and improve their head to head record, 7-7. Lee Chong Wei has to dig deep on retrieving every shuttles and launch several torpedo penetrating The Dragon's defense. What a long and intense match. Chen long has pushed LCW to the edge of the cliff. Well Done Chen Long, he is surely delighted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However great a player, whoever he is, he's still human, when his mind is disturbed, his performance suffers. Whatever that is affecting Chen Long lately resulting in his lackluster form until the DEN Open PSS , I hope and would like to believe he has shaken it off completely. Charge ahead,Chen Long. JaiYou !

From now on, I will be eagerly looking forward to Chen Long taking on Lin Dan in a Super Final, in addition to his still much-awaited clashes with Lee CW,of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    However great a player, whoever he is, he's still human, when his mind is disturbed, his performance suffers. Whatever that is affecting Chen Long lately resulting in his lackluster form until the DEN Open PSS , I hope and would like to believe he has shaken it off completely. Charge ahead,Chen Long. JaiYou !

From now on, I will be eagerly looking forward to Chen Long taking on Lin Dan in a Super Final, in addition to his still much-awaited clashes with Lee CW,of course.
    Agreed, and Chen Long will be a great Champion for a long time...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rumor says he is dating Wang Shixian.... any info about it?? anyone???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah;2164 923
    rumor says he is dating Wang Shixian.... any info about it?? anyone???
    Another rumour says he's after Akane Y, apparently the China government wants to make peace
    with the Japan over the island dispute....such a nice boy, always friendly and willing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Another rumour says he's after Akane Y, apparently the China government wants to make peace
    with the Japan over the island dispute
    ....such a nice boy, always friendly and willing.
    And how a relationship between 2 badminton players supposed to make it happen more effectively than all the diplomation effort?

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast