Should I switch to Armortec 900 Technique?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Happy_Daniel, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Happy_Daniel

Happy_Daniel Regular Member

I currently have a Nanospeed 9000 Type X, its strings are popped (just for additional information.) I find that it takes too much effort to execute a smash. I was wondering if I should switch over to the technique, I wouldn't go for power because I need to reflect smashes. I've already tried the 900T and it seems to vibrate in my hand on contact with a hard shot, such as a clear or smash, which feels really uncomfortable. Oh, I'm quite a heavy asian teen, weighing at 177 lbs. when I am only 5'9" I think i have a sufficient amount of wrist power to adapt to new rackets. :eek: Feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Try the ns9000s. Sounds to me like the X is to stiff for you.

3. mel_baddie

mel_baddie Regular Member

yeah. try the NS 9000s. and since you don't like the vibration from the AT 900's, maybe you could also try the lower NS's such as NS 7700. it has vibration filter cap to reduce the vibration on the shaft.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Too much effort needed for smashes is a pretty good indication that the shaft is too stiff for you, in which case an AT900T might not be enough of a step down. Your point about vibration is well taken - both my Armortecs feel like pagers going off when I really clout a shot:D.

I also think a 9000S should be your first port of call - the difference in stiffness between this and the X is significant.

5. Happy_Daniel

I really wonder about the difference between the S and the X, maybe I should go toward a even balanced racket? I'm an all round offense based player. Purchasing another 220 dollar racket is quite difficult (highschool budget.)
    I WILL STARVE FOR BADMINTON! Save the extra dollars. Oh, also another quick question, should I try the underrated brands? any rackets on par with the nanospeed 9k thats like 150 dollars?

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You mentioned you tried a 900T already. Was it the 3U or the 4U?

7. Ar Dan

Ar Dan Regular Member

Property Management
    Please mention the type of string that was on the AT-900T as well.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Yonex alternatives

The Carlton "Tour" rackets are even-balanced and mid-range stiffness. The Airblade Tour (red and black) has recently been superseded by the Fireblade Tour (blue and black); they play virtually identically, and both are miles cheaper than a 9kX/S.

If you can find the old Airblade, it will be very cheap indeed (and it comes in iso head shape as well).

9. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    For Yonex alternatives, I strongly recommend to you SOTX rackets. They have great quality for a fair price. For SOTX I would recommend a Woven 8, it is quite a easy racket to play with while still being powerful enough for smashes.

10. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

i use nanospeed 9000 type x too

11. Happy_Daniel

I must apologize for the vague description of the armortec 900t I tried out. I believe the strings were BG-65, and the weight of it was 4U (bought in the US =/.)

12. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

What string did u use for the nano 9kx? if it was bg65 i recommend u restring it with bg80 at higher than 23. test it out and then decide if it still doesnt provide enough smash power. bg80 is alot more livelier than the bg65.