BAM to form a more solid coaching and training committee

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by alfa-2, Nov 6, 2007.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Wednesday November 7, 2007

BAM to form a more solid coaching and training committee
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have disbanded their coaching and training committee yet again to come up with a more solid set-up.
    The move is partly related to National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong's concerns over problems among the elite coaches, which he raised last month.
    Zolkples feared that the discord among the elite coaches would disrupt the team's preparation for the Beijing Olympics next year.
    The BAM president, Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, admitted yesterday that there were shortcomings in the coaching set-up, led by chief coach Yap Kim Hock.
    [​IMG] For you: The BAM's president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh handing over a souvenir to new patron Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor at the Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.
    And he said that the exco had given the green light to re-invent the coaching and training committee to make it more lean and mean.
    “Yes, we have shortcomings (referring to the issues among the elite coaches). But we look at it as a challenge rather than a problem,” said Nadzmi after the exco meeting at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara here.
    “I am positive in my way of doing things. It is a process of managing and we want to improve continuously by making more right decisions. Our coaches are not perfect but they are not that bad. If not, we would not have achieved some of the international successes this year.
    “But to succeed, we must fail first. We cannot expect praises all the time. We do have shortcomings and we are looking at various ways to improve. We do not want to make the same mistakes year in and year out.”
    On the new coaching and training committee, which will form the backbone for the BAM, Nadzmi said: “We will have people with the knowledge of sports science. The coaches will also have new roles to play in the committee.”
    “We want to fine tune the process of managing. If we get this correctly, we will not get it wrong with our preparation for major tournaments, including the Thomas Cup Finals and the Olympic Games.
    Nadzmi will remain as the chairman of the new committee.
    The others in the previous committee were P. Ganga Rao, Mohd Abdullah, Datuk Lim Teong Kiat, Datuk Roland Wong, Kim Hock, Misbun Sidek, Rashid Sidek, Sun Chenhua and Sean Sturgess.
    This is the second time in four years that the BAM have revamped their coaching and training committee.
    The 2003 committee comprised Razif Sidek, Tan Aik Huang, James Selvaraj, Park Joo-bong, Indra Gunawan, Tuan Sheikh Kamaruddin, Han Jian, M. Venugopal, R. Ravindran and Jalani Sidek.

does this mean that YKH is going to be fired??:confused::confused::confused:

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    NST Online » Sport
    2007/11/07
    Badminton: Rosmah appointed patron of BAM

Email to friend [​IMG] Print article [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor receives a pewter momento from BAM president Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh as BAM honorary secretary Ganga Rao looks on.
    THE Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) yesterday announced that Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor is the new patron of the association.
    On Sept 10, BAM wrote to Rosmah asking her to be its patron and in a reply dated Sept 12, she officially accepted.

"I am extremely honoured to be appointed as the patron of a world class association, this is the Rakyat's number one sport and being an avid badminton player, I accepted the offer without second thought," she said after the BAM exco meeting at Bukit Kiara yesterday.

BAM's new patron wasted no time in giving the parent body some sound advice.

"I don't want any bickering taking place and neither should there be any room for politicking. We should strive to improve the game but most importantly we should look into the welfare of players.
    "If there are problems we must resolve it amicably. I know the progress of the game as I follow it very closely. I make it a point to read the reports in the newspapers as well.

"I also want the media and everyone else to co-operate to improve the standard of the game."

BAM president Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said: "We in BAM are glad that she (Rosmah) has accepted our offer and hope to work hand-in-hand for the betterment of the sport."

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    NST Online » Sport
    2007/11/07
    Badminton: New training committee on way

By : Christopher Raj
    Email to friend [​IMG] Print article [​IMG]

THE Badminton Association of Malaysia has disbanded its 'national coaching and training committee' with immediate effect and will form a new one aimed at making Malaysian shuttlers world champions.
    Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, has taken on the challenge to ensure BAM's coaches and players achieve greater success and make the parent body the home of world champions.

"The national coaching and training committee has been disbanded officially," said Nadzmi yesterday. "We will be appointing new members.

"The reason for this is to reinvent ourselves and achieve three aspects that we are looking at.

"The new members will include officials who also have knowledge of sports science and specific knowledge of the game so that they can contribute in this important area in making Malaysian shuttlers world champions."
    Nadzmi, a known corporate figure, will adapt the proven Japanese menthodology of 'Kaizen', (on the job training and learning organisation) as the fundamental basis to push BAM forward.

On whether he has met Yap Kim Hock regarding the problems the chief coach was facing with National Sports Council (NSC) director general Datuk Zolkples Embong, Nadzmi said: "I am not looking at the problems, I am looking at the solutions.

"The new committee we are forming will look at the improvement of the coaches. We will also include sports science, sports specifics and apply the various strategy to upgrade coaches.

"This is one way to measure the coaches continuously and ensure that they are producing results.

"I want world champions, we want to be numero uno, and not second. There is a lot of difference between being number one and two."

Nadzmi also confirmed that Kim Hock will continue being the chief coach.

"There is no change in that. Changes will only take place after the Olympics."

Nadzmi's latest idea of reinvention is purely for the coaches to be more accountable as the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) will also be used to keep track.

"Our policies are not static," Nadzmi added.

"We want our policies to be more dynamic but at the same time we will help to develop better strategy for the players' welfare."

"This is our core business. If we don't get it right here, then everything else will fail," Nadzmi said.

#3 alfa-2, Nov 6, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    good news or bad news for the coaches?? depends how much have one has contributed to BAM, i guess.................

5. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.

#5 s1nn3r, Nov 7, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2007