Maintaining your Stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Sgbad, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Hi guys, i have a query here.
    As you guys know, a stringing machine is rather expensive, but it varies of course. Some range from SGD$600+ to SGD$10 000.

What are some routines or ways you guys use to maintain your stringing machine. Both the exterior and the mechanism of the machine. What do you guys do? Pictures greatly appreciated.

2. superflip_

superflip_ Regular Member

Webdesigner
    Even I only used it 2 times... Before stringing I just check all screws and the clamping system... Just to be sure. I don't want to break anything.

After use I put everything safe away and I take of the drop weight so nothing can be damaged.

3. Kee_Lee

Kee_Lee Regular Member

Student
    If it gets dirty, you're meant to clean it with rubbing alcohol. That goes for clamps, string gripper, the turntable, and i'm guessing the tracks?

Haven't done it myself tho in fairness

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Mine is starting to rust. What should i do? I couldnt paint the machine right? The pain will be uneven.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

THE most important thing you can do is to cover it up when you've finished for the day - you absolutely do not want any dust to gather on any of the moving parts.

Another thing you can do for crank machines is to unwind all the tension off the crank head when you've finished - the main tension spring's life can be extended this way. I would definitely run a toothbrush through the clamp heads periodically, as well as through the string gripper, but don't use lubricants or anything like that; rubbing alcohol is probably best because you want to maintain friction while keeping the surfaces clean.