My old 3U Ti-10 / 4U AT900T comparison

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by orgasmerator, Nov 7, 2007.

1. orgasmerator

orgasmerator Regular Member

My research had led me to believe that my 4U AT900T would be much stiffer than my 3U old Ti-10. I had played my Ti-10 for as long as it’s been out. Back then, I had no idea what that racket was all about. I just remember the guy there asked me “do you want it to go boom?” I said “hell yeah” and bought it. :)

This was all before I knew there were differences for singles/doubles for headweight, balance points, etc. I played throughout high school and a few years after into college with the Ti-10.

Recently, probably last 3-4 months I started playing again (6 year layoff) and I must say, the Ti-10 was still amazing. However, playing with better players, I found that defense was a little lacking.

So the search began for something with almost as much power but with better defense…

Got the 4U AT900T 2 weeks ago, strung at 24x26 with BG80, just like my Ti-10. My oh my, what a freaking difference. WAY lighter, racket speed is insane. Net play is so much easier and while I thought I’d lose oomph on my smashes, I haven’t. In fact, I feel I am getting more power out of it. Only thing is, I haven’t gotten used to the weight so 90% of my drops were hitting the tape and not going over. :)

But hey, there is a learning curve with new rackets and I’ve only played once with it. But so far so good. I’m definitely digging this racket.

I’m a true fan of this racket now, the power is equal to or has more than the old Ti-10 but defense is heaps better.

I was looking at a few other rackets and so glad I settled on this one.

Peace out, homies. :)

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

The 900t might feel stiffer due to the lower weight and slightly lower balancepoint. The ti-10 is heavier and more endloaded, wich means that the shaft will flex more.

3. orgasmerator

orgasmerator Regular Member

The 900T doesn't feel stiff at all to me, the 3U old Ti-10 feels much stiffer.

I'm getting quite the pop from my smashes though, which was surprising yet good. :)