need Grommet size recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Benasp, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

Hi, i need to know wich grommet i will need for an armortec700. I found a seller on ebay I know that they are not Yonex grommet and the head grommet of armortec are oval shaped but. wich oner i will need to make a good replacement.

Also, If someone can tell me where i can get yonex original grommet, it will be great.

I Have my Racquet since 5 years now and i still have the same grommet it time for a change i think ;P

thank you, help is very appreciate.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Which gromments you want to replace?

Personally, I only use A, C and E(not listed, the one with MP bump at the throat area) from HQ. A is for single string, and C is for double strings (shared gromment) and E is the MP shape ones. Both A and C, you might need a shape cutter or nail clipper to adjust the length, depend on your need. ;)

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Second what LB said. There are 2 special shaped shared grommets used for AT700. You can use C as a sub and work. It just will not work as good and C will break after 3 ro 4 restringing jobs. PM me if you really want the YY origional grommet. They are about $6~$9 a set depend on model. HiQua is much cheaper sub.

4. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You could also get the whole grommet set.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I recently swiped a broken NS5000 from the bin with intent to harvest the grommets (sounds like a crime when I put it that way:D). I found that the throat ones fit nicely in my AT900, but the ones at the head are differently sized - the holes in the AT900 are MUCH smaller than those of the NS5000. It's the same with the NS9k, NS8k and NS7k7, since they use non-standard patterns.

However, since the AT700 uses the default Yonex pattern, I would hazard a guess that grommets are inter-transferable between the AT700 and all the lower end Nanospeeds and Armortecs. The next time somebody near you breaks one of these, ask them if you can take it, especially if it hasn't been restrung many times.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes, or you could just purchase a single or a few grommet sets for your racket. It's like a few dollars a set.