badminton saturday afternoons

Discussion in 'UK' started by gflynn31, Nov 9, 2007.

1. gflynn31

gflynn31 Regular Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Hello everyone,

I am a average/intermediate player looking for a partner to play on saturday afternoons.

I am 34, quite tall and fairly competitive. I am looking for a similiar standard player so we can have a good game.

I am based in Tamworth but am willing to travel to Sutton Coldfield or Lichfield if necessary.

So come on then, get in touch!!!!:)

2. Deanoman

Deanoman Regular Member

First Line Manager
    Hi ya, Are you still looking for a player in the Tamworth area, I have just posted a thread asking to meet with somone. I havent played for about a year now but want to get back into the game, I am 39, average player. My friends are not keen and the ones I have played against are fed up losing ha ha. I could do with the runaround to loose a few pound. I live in Dosthill Tamworth.

3. gflynn31

gflynn31 Regular Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    badminton sat afternoon

HI There,

Yeah man, absolutely looking for a game on sat pm. I started playing for a local club in belgrave on a wed and sun, but am always looking for more practise.

I live at Perrycrofts and have a car so can get around to most tamworth leisure centres no worries.

I am used to playing doubles now but some singles practise sounds cool. Only hope that you aint too good for me!!!!!

Let me know when you want to meet up for a game,

Cheers

Gary

4. Deanoman

Deanoman Regular Member

First Line Manager
    I have never played for a club but is something that I would consider, see how we go when I play you. The club at Belgrave, can any level of player join?. I have started to get the buzz again after watching the olympics. Do you know that they have changed the scoring? you win a point from any rally, you no longer have to win the serve. I am unable to make this Saturday but am 100% up for a game the following Saturday thats the 23rd, or if you can make one evening next week maybe. Let me know and I will get it booked. Wicked, cant wait. Speak soon.

Dean

5. gflynn31

gflynn31 Regular Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Hi Dean,

Thanks for the prompt response, I guess thats an indication of how much you wanna play eh?

Well. thats a shame about this sat. Unfortunately I am away for the nx 2 saturdays after that on hol. THe earliest I could book a court for is the 7th Sep, lemme know if you wanna go ahead.

The club in Belgrave is a mixed standard to be fair, they meet on a sun am 1030 til 1230 (easier standard) and wed pm2000 til 2200 (intermediate standard). Its a real friendly club and has its own coach who is really friendly.
    Why dont you come down this week if you can, ask for me (Gary) and ill show you round, the cost is onlt £2.90 per session you can come and go as you please and there is no membership fees. The shuttles are also provided and as a point of interest we are about to enter a local league so if you fancy something a little more competitive then maybe you could become part of the team.

The club is at Belgrave School Sports Centre on Birds Bush Rd, mail backk to me and let me know what you want to do.

Cheers

Gary:)

6. Deanoman

Deanoman Regular Member

First Line Manager
    Hello Gary,
    Yeah as you say I am really keen to get involved. I am happy for you to book the 7th Sept. Thats a sunday. I am in the middle of moving on the 5th and 6th sept, (Still in tamworth) so the 7th suits fine. The mrs said its ok ha ha. I am unable to get to the club this Wednesday but will come down next wed (20th) to introduce myself, would there be anyone there I a can get a game with?. Is there anywhere on this site we can have a private conversation, I can give you my e mail then? not to worry if not, I will be at belgrave next week. Have you been watching any of the games at the olympics, we are doing really well. The mixed doubles today was good with Robertson and his girl Emms. Speak soon. Dean

7. gflynn31

gflynn31 Regular Member

SELF EMPLOYED
    Hi dean,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, holiday overrun a little.

Did you manage to get down to Belgrave on the 20th, if so what did you think? If you want to book a court for nx sat or sun I am up for it.

My email is garryflynn@btinternet.com or mobile is 07886 272971.

Speak soon

gary

8. Smithysmoo

Smithysmoo Regular Member

This is old thread I know but I'd be up for a game some time am in Sutton and am reasonable standard.