User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    bad's fan has a very good point,the individual gold is added to the nation's medal tally and that's what China is most concerned about, not GZC's personal glory.

Everybody can criticise,you're not doing LYB's job, do you have a solution for him? If you have,he'll thank you a million times,maybe reward you handsomely.

Btw,there's one more thread related to him, here http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...lkOver-tactics Since you're new to this forum,I assume, I suggest you read all the posts from this two threads as,I believe, most of the grounds have been covered and I could be more or less repeating what somebody has said before.Besides, I don't want to cross-post - you'd probably find your views resonate with some and want to address your concerns to others who share similar or opposing views. For the time being,I think I've said enough.
    well i am not doubting his tactics, i am doubting his integrity, in fact i am not even doubting his integrity, i am very sure he got none of it. to think about it, it is not the "for the country" that matters the most to him, its his personal glory and benefit. If he is ever guilty, he wont repeat it again and again, while peoplesay there is a point in OG, what about SS? since when do SS carries equal weightage as OG. LYB definately know the consequences, and he knows that BWF isnt doing anything to it, which is another shame. thats why he continues.

to be frank, he dont trust his players. look at the recent uber's game, the case about wang xiaoli. anyone else probably will notice that they have the top 3 singles and top 2 doubles, and a couple of good reserve players as well. however, his refusal to disclose to wang xiaoli only suggest to me that he think that her replacement cant win. well, you can say that wangxiaoli is the top pair in the world and incomparable, but does that mean she cant be replaced? against a pair which will still be much lower in position, not to mention that it is 1 out of the 5 points?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wang xiaoli? what happen to her? would u please inform me?

about the SS, u know, the long journey collecting points for OG started at SS. so he and his team maybe already arranged it in SS long long time behind of OG to make sure maximum quotas for OG fulfilled. but i don't know. just my personal opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wang xiaoli's grandma passed away on the 18th may last month. she wasnt ben told about that until china women team won the uber's cup and all the 3 coaches decided to remain silence about that, despite knowing that wang was brought up by her grandmother. the ecision is simple. wang is the top pair and if she know the news she wont be playing, or not performing up to standard. This received an outcry among the chinese forums quoting particularly that is winning so important that 1 should be keep silence of her closest one death. futher crticism regarding the fact that she is included in the team shows a lack of trust in other female players as this is a team game which requires only 3 point to win the game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really? feel sorry to her.
    don't know what to say.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    wang xiaoli's grandma passed away on the 18th may last month. she wasnt ben told about that until china women team won the uber's cup and all the 3 coaches decided to remain silence about that, despite knowing that wang was brought up by her grandmother. the ecision is simple. wang is the top pair and if she know the news she wont be playing, or not performing up to standard. This received an outcry among the chinese forums quoting particularly that is winning so important that 1 should be keep silence of her closest one death. futher crticism regarding the fact that she is included in the team shows a lack of trust in other female players as this is a team game which requires only 3 point to win the game.
    Don't just give us your own account and opinion/feeling,quote your sources. Whose instruction to keep the news from Wang XL, her own family members,her grandma before she died, LYB's ,the three coaches? What makes you think WXL,upon learning of her old grandma's death, will immediately throw everything aside and rush home, to heck with the Uber Cup? - she said that herself?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Don't just give us your own account and opinion/feeling,quote your sources. Whose instruction to keep the news from Wang XL, her own family members,her grandma before she died, LYB's ,the three coaches? What makes you think WXL,upon learning of her old grandma's death, will immediately throw everything aside and rush home, to heck with the Uber Cup? - she said that herself?
    http://sports.qq.com/a/20120529/000708.htm
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-05-31/10416082068.shtml

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

whoever can read Chinese, must read the above article.

WXL's mother went out of her way to not let WXL know that her grandmother passed away, only to tell her right after her UC victory. a tear jerking article indeed and kudos for the reporter for uncovering such a touching relationship and story between the 3 generations.

and to clear the CBA, their officials were notified by it was a mutual decision between WXL's mother and the officials to only let her know after the UC is over.

some parents who truely love their children love them so much that they will not let them bear any grief and sadness, esp when it will affect their career. personally my parents hardly ever tell me about their sickness because they don't want me to worry about them.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    whoever can read Chinese, must read the above article.

WXL's mother went out of her way to not let WXL know that her grandmother passed away, only to tell her right after her UC victory. a tear jerking article indeed and kudos for the reporter for uncovering such a touching relationship and story between the 3 generations.

and to clear the CBA, their officials were notified by it was a mutual decision between WXL's mother and the officials to only let her know after the UC is over.

some parents who truely love their children love them so much that they will not let them bear any grief and sadness, esp when it will affect their career. personally my parents hardly ever tell me about their sickness because they don't want me to worry about them.
    i just realised there is something wrong with the second link. here's the second link.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-05-...16082068.shtml

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

WXL learned of her grandmother's death on the 26th, right after the UC final when her mother came to see her after the victory.

they went to her grandmother grave on the 27th morning, and then in the afternoon, she went back to cheer for the TC final.

i faintly recall, wasn't WXL at one point doing the drumming?

she dedicated her UC victory to her grandmother.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me, the most touching part of the story is when WXL invited her team mates to her home. I almost had to stop reading it because it was heart aching.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i remember seen her on screen too, on the drum with a child, next to WYH.

so, based on your translation, the decision to keep this news from WXL was a decision make by her mother with the coaches/CBA? then it's not truly CBA's fault? so where is the news that WXL complaining about LYB cames from?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    yeah, i remember seen her on screen too, on the drum with a child, next to WYH.

so, based on your translation, the decision to keep this news from WXL was a decision make by her mother with the coaches/CBA? then it's not truly CBA's fault? so where is the news that WXL complaining about LYB cames from?
    we can only see one story from this one reporter. so it is not necessarily true that that is the whole story. as we all know it is possible for reporters to sugar coat their stories.

the controversial part of the whole thing is that it was possible for them to tell her before her grandmother passed away so she can see her grandmother one last time. the decision by mother+team was to not let her know.

having said that, what seems consistent so far is that the decision was her mother's and out of love for her daughter's performance at the UC. what pain and double amount of grief and pain she has to go through to have to prepare dinner for WXL's teammates at her home while she is worried about her own mother in her deathbed at the hospital.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can only see one story from this one reporter. so it is not necessarily true that that is the whole story. as we all know it is possible for reporters to sugar coat their stories.

the controversial part of the whole thing is that it was possible for them to tell her before her grandmother passed away so she can see her grandmother one last time. the decision by mother+team was to not let her know.

having said that, what seems consistent so far is that the decision was her mother's and out of love for her daughter's performance at the UC. what pain and double amount of grief and pain she has to go through to have to prepare dinner for WXL's teammates at her home while she is worried about her own mother in her deathbed at the hospital.
    Based on what I had read from the sina article, i think it was the Hubei chief who (allegedly) decided not to let WXL's mother inform WXL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    Based on what I had read from the sina article, i think it was the Hubei chief who (allegedly) decided not to let WXL's mother inform WXL.
    The chief did the right thing for the team and for the country

and I'm sure WXL would understand eventually.

Losing the last look is a sad thing

but under such circumstances

somebody has to suffer

and somebody has to make that decision.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    Is that your source? How did you come to your conclusion or insinuation of wrongdoing by the three coaches,one of whom is LYB your target,

1) for willfully withholding the news from Wang Xiaoli;
    2) that "if she know the news she wont be playing, or not performing up to standard.";and
    3)it "shows a lack of trust in other female players ...".

Most importantly,you didn't mention the article said it was her family's decision not to break the news to her until after the Uber Cup, that her mother made the pact with a certain badminton center head,not LYB. Also nowhere in the article did it said WXL was blaming anybody,in fact she dedicated the UC victory to her deceased grandmother.

Then you further wrote this:"This received an outcry among the chinese forums quoting particularly that is winning so important that 1 should be keep silence of her closest one death." - what has this got to do with LYB?

You put your own spin to the apparently neutral story as if to imply LYB is a cold-hearted contemptible person "with no integrity". Naughty,sly,morally questionable of you. Enough,I'm sure those can read Mandarin and think for themselves in a fair way will know your ulterior motive. I shan't waste any more time on it.

Thanks,pcll99, for the link.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WXL's mother is a tough woman i think, keep the sorrow in her heart but still put a smile on her face to meet WXL and teammates.

would somebody please translate the article please? yup, it can be one-sided article, but at least it is what we got till now. it's still good to have an idea on what's going on while wait for another source to come up.

about the bad decision to not let her know, whoever decided it, i think it was a pretty hard situation they have back then. uber cup is a team event, and any bad condition/mood on one player may have or have no impacts on whole team's spirit and appearance. but who want to take some risk in such situation?
    btw, from what i can remember from WXL's screen appearance on TC finals, WXL was pretty cool on the drum, she looks okay, at least to me. i said that because when saw her that day, i never think she has this tragedy in her home. and i doubt she will be that cool if she really blamed CBA/LYB for the incident?
    Last edited by bad's fan; 06-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    The chief did the right thing for the team and for the country

and I'm sure WXL would understand eventually.

Losing the last look is a sad thing

but under such circumstances

somebody has to suffer

and somebody has to make that decision.
    you ben under such situation before? u sounds like, she will understand the situation, if i were here, i wont have the slightest regret in my life

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast