User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 303
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    What LYB did was..not ethical.. but LYB may not be the only one who act alone. He also have a superior to report to.... and that is SUPER Sensitive.
    Comes OLY08, match fixing if given an iota of opportunity, LYB would unscrupulously do it without a blink...gold in every event in badminton is a target and this gold eclipse all gold CHN has achieved in any SS, Opens, WC or past OLY, cos' this is the first OLY CHN held and every gold counts for CHN to top the world...wanna know the bonus for LYB if CHN sweep the gold, I can only guess!!

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In the Olympics the gold medal winner gets to stand tall and a gold medal as well, but by far the most important is the playing of the country's national anthem, and nothing beats that.

  3. #37
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,462
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LYB may not have the luxury to resort to match fixing if someone like Ronald Susilo knocked out his No.1 in Round 1 of the Beijing Olympics.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    LYB may not have the luxury to resort to match fixing if someone like Ronald Susilo knocked out his No.1 in Round 1 of the Beijing Olympics.
    Lightning strikes twice, that's possible, anything possible too...like someone could ko LCW or TH (if he qualifies) in the first round and LD would have an easy path then...I would not bet my $$$ on that happening though...then again, OLY is like a burial ground for #1 ranked MS player, and usually less favorite player won the gold biscuit most if not all the times.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    1,067
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Lightning strikes twice, that's possible, anything possible too...like someone could ko LCW or TH (if he qualifies) in the first round and LD would have an easy path then...I would not bet my $$$ on that happening though...then again, OLY is like a burial ground for #1 ranked MS player, and usually less favorite player won the gold biscuit most if not all the times.
    Horay....It means Sony Dwi will win Gold

  6. #40
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If BWF does not raise issues with LYB match fixing, then all the power to CHN to have this match fixing privilege having abundance of world class players and for LYB to have the power to order a world #1 ranked player to lose out at a stage as big as OLY as in YZY's case, this setup cannot fly in North America or in Europe...on match fixing at OLY where YZY losing to GZC, whether it sound cruel to Western World and honourable to CHN, one thing for sure, a player does not get a chance everyday to win a gold medal at OLY and YZY being world ranked #1 and winner of 2 WC, and being ordered to forfeit her last chance for OLY gold, that must hurt, being a champion the last thing you want to do is throw a match and no wonder she cried and that is damn cruel and not fair to her, and whether CHN, INA or any other nations resort to match fixing that is unfair to this sport as well.
    Gong Zhichao and Camilla Martin were victims as well.
    Camilla could have possibly been the champion if the game was fair.
    Gong could have possibly beaten Ye if they played "sincerely".
    The outcome could have possibly been the same if the game was fair and Gong would then be declared as the "true champion".

    This is even written in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_Zhichao:

    "In 2000, she won the gold in the Summer Olympics, defeating Camilla Martin of Denmark in the final. However, her victory in the semifinal was not a fair play. The Chinese Team made a decision that Gong should go into the final, but not Ye Zhaoying, another player from China, because Gong had a better chance to defeat Martin at that time..."
    Last edited by robin7; 11-13-2007 at 02:20 AM.

  7. #41
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    LYB may not have the luxury to resort to match fixing if someone like Ronald Susilo knocked out his No.1 in Round 1 of the Beijing Olympics.
    Unfortunately, the only player Ronald Susilo is now capable of knocking out is himself

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    kl,malaysia
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    China sports official do this all the time. In table Tennis many many years ago they ask their No.1 woman TT player to lose a match to her teammate for the same reason LYB did. She went on to win the match and the title later.

    Even though she won the title, they punish her for insubordination by refusing to send her overseas later.

    She resigned married a Japanese and went on to play for japan and if I remember won some title in China and was booed, she had to fly off to Japan quickly for safety reasons.

  9. #43
    Regular Member Loh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore Also Can
    Posts
    12,462
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Unfortunately, the only player Ronald Susilo is now capable of knocking out is himself
    Wake up Ronald!

    Oldhand wants a match with you.
    Didn't you beat Chen Jin not too long ago and perhaps BCL too? You still have 10 months more to buck up and astound the badminton world again as you did at the last Olympics! Then LYB will not be able to keep his job!

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Comes OLY08, match fixing if given an iota of opportunity, LYB would unscrupulously do it without a blink...gold in every event in badminton is a target and this gold eclipse all gold CHN has achieved in any SS, Opens, WC or past OLY, cos' this is the first OLY CHN held and every gold counts for CHN to top the world...wanna know the bonus for LYB if CHN sweep the gold, I can only guess!!
    this only prove that the big wigs above LYB are ok with that, as long as LYB brings home the golds. The motherland groomed, fed, and trained all national players. They are priviliged chinese citizens. If the chinese olympic players don't understand this by now, he/she is mentally inept and would be weeded out. Lots of candidates waiting to get into the national squad. It's not cruel, it's daily life in china.

    look at chen hong, zhou mi, wang chen, pi hong, Xu H. They have choices and elected to quit. XXZ chose to stay.
    Last edited by cooler; 11-13-2007 at 02:54 AM.

  11. #45
    Regular Member robin7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puchong Prima
    Posts
    13,684
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    China sports official do this all the time. In table Tennis many many years ago they ask their No.1 woman TT player to lose a match to her teammate for the same reason LYB did. She went on to win the match and the title later.

    Even though she won the title, they punish her for insubordination by refusing to send her overseas later.

    She resigned married a Japanese and went on to play for japan and if I remember won some title in China and was booed, she had to fly off to Japan quickly for safety reasons.
    Her name is He Zhili (何智丽), aka Koyama Chire (小山智丽).

    http://books.google.com/books?id=JUv..._-9g#PPA239,M1
    Last edited by robin7; 11-13-2007 at 03:10 AM.

  12. #46
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Wake up Ronald!

    Oldhand wants a match with you.
    Didn't you beat Chen Jin not too long ago and perhaps BCL too? You still have 10 months more to buck up and astound the badminton world again as you did at the last Olympics! Then LYB will not be able to keep his job!
    (Apologies for the OT...)
    Did you see Kendrick Lee play Peter Gade and Premyslav Wacha?
    It shows how he's playing now (these matches were just last month).
    He might go places if he would stop attempting trick shots.
    From what I saw, not one of them made it over the net.

  13. #47
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If not for a ruthless cunning, do you think Li Yongbo would have been around for so long?
    In fact, he has outlasted a whole generation of players and coaches.
    He has survived several governments and big-bosses too.

    LYB subscribes (and brazenly too) to the theory that everything is fair in love, war and badminton.
    Years later, very few are likely to remember how the match was won.
    But most are likely to remember that it was indeed won.
    And also that it was won on Li Yongbo's watch.

    For China, only one thing matters - winning.

    It's an ugly but effective dogma.
    Until the Soviet Union disintegrated, this was their dogma too.
    Now the Russians are too busy being corrupt to attend to sports.

    If badminton is to be rid of LYB, someone has to beat his players.
    Not once, not twice... but with unfailing consistency.

    For long, I believed Taufik Hidayat would prove to be LYB's nemesis.
    Clearly, that faith was misplaced.
    Lee Chong Wei could yet fufill that role.
    Can he? Will he?

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you think LYB will use match fixing in the Bei Jing Olympics? If so, who is going to be forced to lose?

    In MS, I don't think LD will be forced to lose because he has beaten all the top players before multiple times.

    In MD, the only top pair is FHF and CY

    In WS, I'm not sure.

    In WD, I don't think China needs match fixing here

    In XD, I don't think GL and ZB will be forced to lose. I think they're much better than ZYW and XZB.

  15. #49
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green72(CAN) View Post
    Do you think LYB will use match fixing in the Bei Jing Olympics? If so, who is going to be forced to lose?

    In MS, I don't think LD will be forced to lose because he has beaten all the top players before multiple times.

    In MD, the only top pair is FHF and CY

    In WS, I'm not sure.

    In WD, I don't think China needs match fixing here

    In XD, I don't think GL and ZB will be forced to lose. I think they're much better than ZYW and XZB.
    i'll tell u all that when u give me the winning numbers for this week lotto 649

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    If not for a ruthless cunning, do you think Li Yongbo would have been around for so long?
    In fact, he has outlasted a whole generation of players and coaches.
    He has survived several governments and big-bosses too.

    LYB subscribes (and brazenly too) to the theory that everything is fair in love, war and badminton.
    Years later, very few are likely to remember how the match was won.
    But most are likely to remember that it was indeed won.
    And also that it was won on Li Yongbo's watch.

    For China, only one thing matters - winning.

    It's an ugly but effective dogma.
    Until the Soviet Union disintegrated, this was their dogma too.
    Now the Russians are too busy being corrupt to attend to sports.

    If badminton is to be rid of LYB, someone has to beat his players.
    Not once, not twice... but with unfailing consistency.

    For long, I believed Taufik Hidayat would prove to be LYB's nemesis.
    Clearly, that faith was misplaced.
    Lee Chong Wei could yet fufill that role.
    Can he? Will he?
    well, the critics are looking for excuses why china win because they have exhausted excuses of why their countries lost. Even themself often have said a win is a win unless proven otherwise legally (ex. doping or ban substance). This match fixing of 2000 OG is now just a historical passing. For china and LYB, it doesn't matter whether gongZC or YZY had won gold as long as she was from china.

    As Deng Xiao Ping had said:

    "No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat."「不管白猫、猫,逮住老鼠就是好猫。」

    if that cat don't catch mice, it will be eaten by the owner. As u can see in ZYZ's case, it wasn't cruel at all.
    Last edited by cooler; 11-13-2007 at 02:55 PM.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Milpitas CA, USA
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    well, the critics are looking for excuses why china win because they have exhausted excuses of why their countries lost. Even themself often have said a win is a win unless proven otherwise legally (ex. doping or ban substance). This match fixing of 2000 OG is now just a historical passing. For china and LYB, it doesn't matter whether gongZC or YZY had won gold as long as she was from china.

    As Deng Xiao Ping had said:

    "No matter if it is a white cat or a black cat; as long as it can catch mice, it is a good cat."「不管白猫、猫,逮住老鼠就是好猫。」

    if that cat don't catch mice, it will be eaten by the owner. As u can see in ZYZ's case, it wasn't cruel at all.
    Then you must be the BF version of Li Yongbo

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )
    By tbleong in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 11317
    : 11-25-2014, 09:54 AM
  2. Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )
    By cobalt in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 879
    : 11-11-2014, 03:18 AM
  3. Li Na ( 李娜 )
    By 2cents in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 43
    : 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
  4. comment 超级波32 super waves32
    By passtome in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-21-2007, 09:59 AM
  5. To everyone especially those from China: I am 李宗偉,not 李崇偉!
    By Malaysianfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 19
    : 06-20-2007, 03:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •