that's why he is cool-er
    more like, i'm taufik-proof.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    that's why he is cool-er
    Cooler won't be so cool when he has to shovel snow in his driveway this Christmas perhaps, now that the weather has a tendency to make a mockery of things.

Canada is a very big country but now it is revealed through OTB's profile that cooler's real exact location is Calgary, quite a distance from Vancover and VRC where most of our BC members reside and from where most of the action originated.

Oldhand should be able to seek out cooler should he come to a point where the two have to meet face to face to settle the matter ! But then temperatures will certainly soar and even the cool climes of Calgary may not be able to cool things down any cooler - for the two oldhands!
    Last edited by Loh; 11-14-2007 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How'd he manage that?

Perhaps, she owes him money...
    ...or, better still, she must be blind
    no, i draw from my inventory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Cooler won't be so cool when he has to shovel snow in his driveway this Christmas perhaps, now that the weather has a tendency to make a mockery of things.

i'm banking on global warming

Canada is a very big country but now it is revealed through OTB's profile that cooler's real exact location is Calgary, quite a distance from Vancover and VRC where most of our BC members reside and from where most of the action originated.

calgary is funny, home of national training center, home of yonex HQ, home of ardy W., second home of KDM, and yet the hot bed of badminton is in vancouver and toronto

Oldhand should be able to seek out cooler should he come to a point where the two have to meet face to face to settle the matter ! But then temperatures will certainly soar and even the cool climes of Calgary may not be able to cool things down any cooler - for the two oldhands!

why everyone thinks i'm old??
    Last edited by cooler; 11-14-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    ,,,,,,,,,,why everyone thinks i'm old??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Because, unlike OTB, you're too shy to reveal your age! Neither have I ever seen a picture of you after so many years with BC!

And you're trying to camouflage with your inventory of SYT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because, unlike OTB, you're too shy to reveal your age! Neither have I ever seen a picture of you after so many years with BC!

And you're trying to camouflage with your inventory of SYT.

Yes, just like Charlie (of charlie's angels)
    r u nuts? with so many hot arguments in BF, i would be a walking bulleyes in INA, MAL, SG, calif, etc...if my identity is known Have u ever seen Charlie???
    Last edited by cooler; 11-14-2007 at 01:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...............

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robin you should'nt have revealed Charlie cooler's 3 angels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    If BWF does not raise issues with LYB match fixing, then all the power to CHN to have this match fixing privilege having abundance of world class players and for LYB to have the power to order a world #1 ranked player to lose out at a stage as big as OLY as in YZY's case, this setup cannot fly in North America or in Europe......on BCL beating LD in FO07, we do not have the video to see play-by-play but the score does not suggest match fixing, it was a 3 setter and as Ants said, Bao played well to win, maybe FO is not OLY and LYB does not care enough to fix that match...on match fixing at OLY where YZY losing to GZC, whether it sound cruel to Western World and honourable to CHN, one thing for sure, a player does not get a chance everyday to win a gold medal at OLY and YZY being world ranked #1 and winner of 2 WC, and being ordered to forfeit her last chance for OLY gold, that must hurt, being a champion the last thing you want to do is throw a match and no wonder she cried and that is damn cruel and not fair to her, and whether CHN, INA or any other nations resort to match fixing that is unfair to this sport as well.
    as u know, i like a friendly debate.
    LYB made that extreme move because as any wise betting man, u play the best odds.
    OK, lets look at the numbers, they are plain and simple:

YZY peaked around mid to late 90's. She didnt win any title in 2000. Gong was the rising star, she won:

2000 Malaysian Open title (runner-up was dai yun)
    2000 Japan open title (In the all-Chinese women's singles final, last year's runner-up Gong Zhichao eliminated defending champion Ye Zhaoying 11-7, 11-3)
    2000 All England title (over dai yun)
    2000 World grand prix runner-up (zhou mi won the title)

with this impressive record in 2000, gong WOULD and COULD have beaten YZY in 2000 OG semi final. YZY, i feel, didnt really lost very much when lyb asked her to drop the match against gzc. What LYB did just was just a gentleman pre-match agreement of a likely winner anyway. The real victim here is CM. She was fighting a not so bruised up GZC but then again, olympic is country versus country, it is not lyb's job to sorry about his opposition. So, dont feel bad about yzy getting bronze, gzc was the hot player in 2000. Why no one complains about pitch hitting in baseball?

guess what, Ji was hot in 2000 too, that's why he won the MS OG gold title even tho he is a nobody before or after 2000
    Last edited by cooler; 11-14-2007 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Robin you should'nt have revealed Charlie cooler's 3 angels!
    Robin
    how could you make such a mistake?

Anyway, here's the real picture
    Presto... Mr C's three angels:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indra View Post
    Horay....It means Sony Dwi will win Gold
    sorry it will be HH......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sonnymak View Post
    China sports official do this all the time. In table Tennis many many years ago they ask their No.1 woman TT player to lose a match to her teammate for the same reason LYB did. She went on to win the match and the title later.

Even though she won the title, they punish her for insubordination by refusing to send her overseas later.

She resigned married a Japanese and went on to play for japan and if I remember won some title in China and was booed, she had to fly off to Japan quickly for safety reasons.
    Yeah, LD should quit after the "loss" to BCL in the semi of FO, come to Malaysia, marry choochoo train, and play for malaysia.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If the same nation's players happen to be facing off at the quarter or semi-final stages, it's quite common for the team bosses to ask the less-in-form player to make victory easier for the more-in-form player.

Usually, this means shorter rallies... and also a couple of decisive 'errors' in the closing stages.

This allows the winner to conserve quite a bit of energy for the later semi-final or final against a player from a rival nation.

Inevitably, the player asked to 'give way' is going to be quite bitter about it (especially in a sport in which form is, at best, a fluctuating characteristic). But I'd imagine that the team bosses give this question a lot of thought before they make a final choice.

And, yes, they still go wrong on occasion (e.g., Bao Chunlai instead of Lin Dan at the recent French Open).

It'd be very unfortunate if personal likes and dislikes dictated any part of this 'tactical selection' of the one-with-the-best-chance-of-winning.

From what I know of China, their 'ugly, unethical' but 'tactical' choice of a national Goliath is a careful and objective process.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa-2 View Post
    sorry it will be HH......
    Gold for Hafiz Hashim???

Um, not unless he can steal it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A similar scenario may develop in this coming 08 OG. XXF, lan lu and zhu lin could meet up in the semi final while wang chen, pi hong, Xu H might be in the other semi ladder. Would lyb pull another trick even if outside watchful eyes are watching?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    as u know, i like a friendly debate.
    LYB made that extreme move because as any wise betting man, u play the best odds.
    OK, lets look at the numbers, they are plain and simple:

YZY peaked around mid to late 90's. She didnt win any title in 2000. Gong was the rising star, she won:

2000 Malaysian Open title (runner-up was dai yun)
    2000 Japan open title (In the all-Chinese women's singles final, last year's runner-up Gong Zhichao eliminated defending champion Ye Zhaoying 11-7, 11-3)
    2000 All England title (over dai yun)
    2000 World grand prix runner-up (zhou mi won the title)

with this impressive record in 2000, gong WOULD and COULD have beaten YZY in 2000 OG semi final. YZY, i feel, didnt really lost very much when lyb asked her to drop the match against gzc. What LYB did just was just a gentleman pre-match agreement of a likely winner anyway. The real victim here is CM. She was fighting a not so bruised up GZC but then again, olympic is country versus country, it is not lyb's job to sorry about his opposition. So, dont feel bad about yzy getting bronze, gzc was the hot player in 2000. Why no one complains about pitch hitting in baseball?

guess what, Ji was hot in 2000 too, that's why he won the MS OG gold title even tho he is a nobody before or after 2000
    You are still missing the point...LYB match fixing I understand he has to do what he has to do to win, lining up and resting his best player to beat the opposition...what I am alluding to is match fixing is wrong and to order a player to throw a game is downright cruel, simply denying that player who trained hard to advance to SF and not given the chance to play her best...whether this player has or has no chance to win is not the issue, it is the ethics...we are both engineers, ethics bound us to our profession, that is why I cannot accept CHN or LYB action, even though I understand his job is to win at all cost, with the bigwigs wielding a hammer over his head, esp when OLY gold is big...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the same nation's players happen to be facing off at the quarter or semi-final stages, it's quite common for the team bosses to ask the less-in-form player to make victory easier for the more-in-form player.

Usually, this means shorter rallies... and also a couple of decisive 'errors' in the closing stages.

This allows the winner to conserve quite a bit of energy for the later semi-final or final against a player from a rival nation.

Inevitably, the player asked to 'give way' is going to be quite bitter about it (especially in a sport in which form is, at best, a fluctuating characteristic). But I'd imagine that the team bosses give this question a lot of thought before they make a final choice.

And, yes, they still go wrong on occasion (e.g., Bao Chunlai instead of Lin Dan at the recent French Open).

It'd be very unfortunate if personal likes and dislikes dictated any part of this 'tactical selection' of the one-with-the-best-chance-of-winning.

From what I know of China, their 'ugly, unethical' but 'tactical' choice of a national Goliath is a careful and objective process.
    I am not too sure if LD throw the match to Bao, it was a 3-setter, Ants said Bao played well to win...I think the match was open...as good as LD, besides the resurgent LCW and TH, I would put Bao and CJ can beat LD, not everyday but the odd times, because they play together everyday, that is the advantage.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast