RSL Laser 6900 or SOTX Woven 8

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by OSFcross, Nov 11, 2007.

1. OSFcross

OSFcross Regular Member

Registered Nurse
    I'm a player who tends to do smashes a lot. Which would be a better buy in terms of smashing power (obviously), control (netplay and feel) and durability (because I can't afford to change racquets frequently)? The Woven 8 is more expensive by just about 25 USD (at a discounted price) and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy the Laser or wait a bit more and buy the Woven.

2. kikks9

kikks9 Regular Member

do you like even balanced racquet and slightly stiff shaft? if yes then go for the woven 8

have not used rsl.

3. OSFcross

OSFcross Regular Member

Registered Nurse
    To be honest, I don't really know. I'm using a MP22 right now. It's even balanced and medium stiff. I've gotten quite used to it, but I'm not sure if it's the right one for me. I haven't been able to try any other kind of racquet.

I've been reading the other threads, and so far what I know is that the Woven8 is an all around racquet and the Laser is more on offense (which really got my attention).

4. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    go for the rsl 6900 if you are looking for smashing power with a lightweight racket. moreover, the "taper shaft" design of the 6900 gives you an extra kick when you do smahes and even clears.

5. Lefty23

Lefty23 Regular Member

Professional
    I'd like to point out something about the 6900: I suspect the taper shaft design adds more power, but also more inconsistency. I experience it when I aim for the sidelines with my drives. Also, you need very good timing to make the taper shaft kick in.

But, like everything else in life, you can't get everything. :)