badminton stringing in sydney

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by permanis, Nov 11, 2007.

1. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi anyone,
    Can someone share any information where one can get badminton racket strung in Sydney other than the tennis pro shops that charges $30-$33. Some of the tennis pro shop don't even stock badminton strings (tennis/squash yes). I used to have mine strung with Tony Suhery (but he stopped doing it for quite a while).
    Thanks

Permanis

2. libra

libra Regular Member

Most clubs around Sydney will have at least one stringer who frequents it (or if not then someone who knows stringers). Try rocking up to a club and asking around. I know UNSW and UTS both have a couple each.

3. permanis

permanis Regular Member

I suppose I just have to drop into UNSW to enquire who does stringing there.
    Would that be the club days (Tuesday evening and Saturday afternoon) at UNSW that I might find the stringers? It's been a while since I have been there.

Permanis

4. libra

libra Regular Member

Correct, Tuesday evening 8-11pm and Saturday afternoons 1-6pm. There are 2 or 3 stringers so just ask someone for who they are when you get there. Good luck!

5. khewl_one

khewl_one New Member

the shop "Love All Tennis & Leisure" in Macquarie Centre (cor Herring and Waterloo Roads, North Ryde), ph 02 9887 2424.

i've always had my rackets strung there.

you just pay for the string. the price depends on the brand. yonex approx starts from $25+.

note: this is not a paid ad ;)

6. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Thanks. At least I know one familiar place for the stringing.It does sound strange that I have to go back there considering I used to play there every Tue and Sat for so many years as well as represent the uni (Tony doing the stringing there then).

Once again thanks

permanis

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Mate,

There are a few stringers around Hurtsville who do a decent job for about $18-22 depending on the string.

Best of luck.

8. sin2kilda

sin2kilda Regular Member

Wollongong Stringer

Mate,

If you happen to be down south near Wollongong, you can try using his service. He's a former NSW player and playing competitively for 40 years now. A veteran and just won 3 gold medals in Australian Masters 2007 in Adelaide. He sells rackets as well. Can be delivered all over australia.

This old bugger still can give grade A players a good whip. What daya reckon? Join him for a game and the Uni.
    His name is Dr. Iggy hp: 041-124-4019

Good luck mate.
    ta.:)

9. BadDoug

BadDoug Regular Member

IT
    Heya Yogi can i have their name and number or however we can contact them please? I'm near the Hurstville area and i've never seen any shops that strings so individuals stringers are greatly appreciated around here.

Cheers mate

10. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

yoyo, i provide stringing service. $20 for ashaway, wilson, proace and apacs strings + labour. im situated in sydney city, near chinatown.
    used to string for clubs in newcastle but i''ve moved down to sydney. do leave me a message if u need stringing service. cheers!

11. Cannot_smash

Cannot_smash Regular Member

Bag snatcher hahaha
    At the moment, UNSW have 3 stringers, whilst UTS have 1. The guy at UTS usually drop by UNSW as well, PM me if u want their details.

12. mails

mails New Member

If you are around Castle Hill / Baulkham Hills , Drop in Castle Hill RSL Badminton Club ( Castle Hill High School, Just opposite to RSL Club ) on Wednesday,Friday eveining or Sunday afternoon .. Some of them doing it only for hobby (I got my racquet string with NBG98 for only $20 )

13. Lex1807

Lex1807 New Member

Stringin in china town area.

Hi where about are you in chinatown? Can i please get your contact details please. Thanks.

14. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

Sorry guys, its been some time that i checkin this website.:)