Weight difference between nano models

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cfule, Nov 13, 2007.

1. cfule

cfule New Member

Hi guys! just wanna ask your opinion bout the weight of my rackets. me and my brother have nanospeed 9000s, 8000, 7000, and my recently bought 7700 (from mustafa singapore). when i tried to test all 4 of them and use them on actual play, i feel like that the 7700 is significantly heavier than the rest. am wondering how could this happen, since all of them is 3U G4. was i ripped off on my 7700? or is the 7700 really heavier than the rest? thanks in advance!

2. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Most of us in Singapore seldom get rackets from ____mustafa_______.

Have you checked the quality and codes for its authenticity?

Thanks.

3. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

4. cfule

cfule New Member

i forgot to mention that i have already posted my racket in the authenticity thread, posted my serials, and posted some close up shots. Matt and leeshim agreed that it is authentic based on the pics i took and serials. i also dont find anything fishy with it, its just that i feel like its a lot heavier than my other Nanos

* it was sold at US$ 332.00 at the city, but only sold at US$ 195.00 at mustafa. i took a really hard look on the racket before i bought it, checked everything, actually took 10 mins just observing the racket

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

It is called balance point. NS7000 is most head light followed by NS8000 then NS9000s. The NS7700 is the most head heavy. But it is still has head light balance compair to AT racquet.

6. punchclear

NS 7700 from Mustafa...

(Just to assure you...) There's actually a Sunrise Rep stationed at the badminton section of Mustafa (the one at Level B2) ;), right next to where the NS & AT (and these days, HEAD Metallix) rackets are.
    I checked it out. It's legit :).
    Got one of them to use her staff discount to get my strings. Could only get BG 80 & BG 66, but that was a good enough haul for me...:D:D:D
    I don't think Sunrise would 'fence' fake rackets in such a setting...

7. cfule

cfule New Member

thanks punchclear and silentheart! that cleared things up for me. i just hope i get used to the heavier 7700 (i find it "significantly" heavier than my other nanos)

8. punchclear

Next time...

Next time you're in S'pore, I can hook you up with better deals than Mustafa.
    I mean, like, proper Badminton Shops...;)
    Don't worry, I'm not a sales/businessman. Just a baddie-addict who browses a lot & has a few good friends...:D:D:D