Where could I restring near Irvine, CA in USA?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by UnknownX, Nov 15, 2007.

1. UnknownX

UnknownX Regular Member

I'm living in my dorm at UCI and I just pop 2 strings on both my rackets. I need to buy strings and restring both of them. Google doesn't help at all, is there any store near by that could string my racket? If you have any information please share. Thank you in advance.

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) I thought there is a club in UCI. Ask around.
    2) I remember there is a small sport shop on Culver near I-5 that sells some badminton items.
    3) Worse case, go to Orange County Badminton Club. Only thing is they are not cheap there.
    4) I would go here some time when I am in So Cal. Don't try this one...
    20140 South Western Ave.
    Torrance, CA 90501

#2 silentheart, Nov 16, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. UnknownX

UnknownX Regular Member

Our club officials have a busy schedule and they're unable to restring it at this time. I popped 2 rackets and I needed to restring as soon as possible because I don't have any other rackets.

4. silentheart

If you have a car, try OCBC. Contack member virusvoodoo to see if he know any one string racquet there. I think he is still at UCI.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Or try DinkALot :D.

6. silentheart

Good luck on that. If you start driving from Irvine to see Sir DinkALot right now, you will arrive about 8:00 tonight PST. Yeah, traffic is that bad...

PS: We just got a Babolat Star5 in last night. Strung a tennis racquet. SMOOOOOOTH!!! I will try it again when the the next badminton racquet comes in...

#6 silentheart, Nov 16, 2007
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Some places you might try..

..as mentioned by silentheart, in post #2 above:cool:..

...UnknownX, i don't know where do you usually play at, but I also know there was a club which plays @ Irvine Valley College, a Junior College; I think it's still there, but I'm not positive, esp. abt the time:
    Irvine BC
    Irvine Valley College - Hart Gym Sa 6 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. (5pm class)
    Joseph Lin
    Jlin@ivc.edu

For UCI, yes, i thought there's a club there??..Anyways, you may want to ask some of the UCI Badminton members:
    http://www.ucibadminton.com/

Or if you're not a member of this club (SCCCA), you might want to check it out. I'm sure the members/people playing there could give you some infos. I believe coach Don Van is there and could assist you, perhaps do the stringing for you:):
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45171

Good luck & if you can't get any help, then last option near Irvine, is OCBC;):cool:

#7 ctjcad, Nov 16, 2007
  8. UnknownX

UnknownX Regular Member

Yeah I'm in the club, and thank you all for your help. I don't have a car, and the person who suppose to take me wouldn't take me. So I'm stuck at my dorm. I can't give it back to our club officials since they don't have the time right now because they have to study for midterm. So I guess I won't be able to play for a while. bummer. If anyone could find a small store that sells and restrings near Irvine would be a great help.