"Tennis elbow" and the cure?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Peter, Dec 15, 2000.

1. Peter

Peter Guest

Hi, there:

I was wondering if anyone has had some expericnce with so called "tennis elbow"(or lateral epicondylitis in medical term) ? The symptom is a pain in the outside of elbow when you play(but it doesn't bother you much when don't). It's said the source of the problem is either playing too much or wrong technique(this is my case, too bad). I got this problem about two mothes ago and it doesn't seem to be getting any better(I used to play once a week and have stopped playing since a month ago). It's said the best way to heal is to rest, but I just wondering whether anyone else out there has had a similar problem, and what is the best way to deal with it ?

BTW, there's a web site devoted to "tennis elbow":
    www.tennis-elbow.net
    and they're selling a cream(CT Cream) for the pain relief, and it looked pretty good. Anyone tried that before?

Any your feedback is very much appreciated.

2. Don

Don Regular Member

I took some rest and did physio therapy by doing tricep excerises. My triceps are really strong now, but the tennis elbow has seem to diappear and hasn't bothered me since. In case you are wondering, it has been 3 months.

3. paul

paul Regular Member

manager of sporting goods company
    Grip size is very important to get rid of tennis elbow. Usually using a bigger grip can help. Try to relax when hitting the shot. You only need to grip tight as you swing i.e don't grip tight when its not essential. Try to keep the forearm muscles relaxed even when hitting and get power from the elasticity of the wrist rather than muscle power.