Hows you game today?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ants, Nov 22, 2007.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This thread is all about your game. Its for all of you to put in your so called game dairy of the day. You can talk about how you won, hows your opponent, how bad you play, all to good and bad the happy and sad news and the experience of your game of the day. Basically anything that happens on court.

2. terry

terry Regular Member

hehe...yesterday night...the badminton hall that i play suddenly out of electricity. Does it count? :)

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Hahah yesterday also count.. not nessesary the day itself.

4. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

Yesterday, I played horribly. Just couldn't hit a winner all night! The longer I tried, the harder it got...
    It has deeply affected my confidence. I'm drained, both physically and emotionally...
    Need to find something within me to dig myself outta this rut. Fast...

5. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

For me, it is called a game diarrhea of the day... :eek:

6. adammohamad

adammohamad Regular Member

doctor MD, HUSM
    quite good...

i defeated all my opponents today.....they score below 10.hmm....chong wei's new style really helpful.....

7. nibaxiang

nibaxiang Regular Member

@Muddy_Elephant
    Good thread. Recently, I just try to fit in a 20-minute nap and a cup of green tea, a hour before my games. Perfectly natural, but works like a wonder. :)

8. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    Thursday, Nov 22-2007
    1st game (double)
    Relative easy, due my usual partner (A) have already cameback with me. The enemy also fall in mentality, one of them has foot injuries, so win 15-5 & 15-3 with a lot of my heavy smash

2nd game (double)
    Partnering with someone (B)who can't attack and although his defensive are great, he a little bit slow on movement. So almost at entire game i struggling should i take attack initiative or play defensively as his style.
    The opponent are hard opponent (1 good opponent partnering with my partner on 1st game (A)).
    Due to great defense on my partner, the opponent focused on attack him (B)with dropshot deceptive and clear, and make him exhausted earlier. I also couldn't smash at all because of defensive position (side by side).
    We lost 6-15 & 8-15.

3th game (double)
    Play with my 1st game partner (my usual one)
    But this time one of the opponent (C) is really tough, grat smashing, grat agility, great driving, almost in all aspect. And he partnering w/ B (yes, my partner on second game)
    We' lost at the end 19-30.
    After analyze, i can get one conclusion, never play fast drive or net play with C player and slowdown the tempo.

That's my report......
    In past view months i've get many losses, maybe due to the changing in partner every time i played. And it's kind of hard to adjust for each player game style.

9. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I played well in doubles, had very weak smashes though, more like steep drives was more like it. Must stick to the Ti-10 from now on. Need to be more aggressive in singles and learn how to play mixed better.

10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i dont play single. dont have the stamina and skill to do that. i play double and only play socially. but still i get competative sometimes. last wednesday, i played a mix double game and was told to only stay in front of the net. while it might have worked most of the time, i would have preferred if i was not deemed too weak and could only handle the front of the net shots. plus i want to get to play all types of shots even if i am not good at it. if i dont practice than i will never get better right? anyways, it is still a good match i suppose. lost the first one, won the next. did not get to rubber game since one of our player had to leave early. :)

11. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

tryouts for school today. went fairly well. just that i bothered my bad ankle again by going full out. it lasted around an hour with 10 min on and off. just drills (7:10 am - 8:20 am)

then had spare/ break 12 :35 - 1: 30 doubles game. ankle didn't hurt. 3 games total. different partner every game. won 2 lost 1. the one lost, partner was teacher. everyone that played with him lost.

should let my ankle rest for weekend. better to tell coach that i'm hurt next week and play softer then to ruin rest of the season.

12. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Yesterday evening was watching the china open match on youtube, than after that i went for game couldn't perform well during warm up cos was using new rackets & grip. 1st game started quite bad was losing like 6 -0 cos i was affected by my new armotec 900T & the d new cloth grip so started playing like **** halfway thru i got piss off by my perfomace, So i couldn't care less about my racket & play back my normal style & luckly i was able to perform & chase back the score all the way & won my 1st double match hehe. So yesterday game although got win or lose but i felt happy cos really enjoy the game:)

13. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    will resume badminton tonite, after 2 weeks break............ :D

14. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    one of my badminton friends' husband is playing with us. he is really good and he is very very patient while playing against us women. he usually pair up with his wife and i pair up with another woman. but he does not play to the fullest ability. basically hitting a lot of baseline shots and drop shots. we are getting better at hitting back baseline shots and preparing for drop shots. kinda like a training if you ask me. usually we lose but we won once. and we are always trying to win again. plus nowadays, we even get to make him run for it a bit. before, he would have read our shots and responds quickly. we really enjoyed the game since we really had to run for each shots and had a lot of baseline shots to deal with, which in turn raised our strength. i still suck at net plays and smash (he could return my smashes like it was nothing, hehehehe) but i think my baseline shots and drives are getting better. but we know that if he played for real, we would have been toast. but thanks to his patience, we are getting better i guess. :D

15. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    how nice.....:)
    free coaching/training.........:p

16. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, pretty much. we might not do any particular shots over and over again but yeah he worked us hard. hehehe. seriously, most good players wont even look our way, much less play with us. :) i wish he would coach us but according to his wife he said he is not interested in coaching anybody. he just loves to play. he is pretty good i think. former state player if i am not mistaken.

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    My smashes r getting harder nowadays..hehe

18. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    That day I had a great game because there were cute girls training at the court beside of mine and I coincidentally wore the same shirt as theirs. (the shirt I bought had the same design as their team shirt)

19. atimtam

atimtam Regular Member

student
    Played on the weekend after two months without any sport whatsoever. [French tour and exams.]
    Still feeling a little sore...annoyed at my traitorous muscles!
    Grip was all over the place, couldn't get a shot right =(
    Need to get fitter...
    Mate...haven't been on here for so long...

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Played few days ago.. was VERY sick.. threw up before i went to play and at the same time had migrane. Felt better after the games.Win some lost some..