China Super Series 2007 - Day 4 (23 Nov) - QF

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by robin7, Nov 22, 2007.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    What a disappointing Day 3 for the Malaysia camp when the men's doubles top seeds Koo/Tan were upset by the unheralded Chinese Taipei pair.

In today's quarter-finals, there will be four matches which involve Malaysians:

WS WONG Mew Choo vs ZHU Lin [4] - The Chinese has been struggling in the previous matches but still has the slight edge. But the Malaysian should be all out after knocking down the 6th seed PI Hongyan in the previous round. An upset is possible.

MS Sony DWI KUNCORO [7] vs LEE Chong Wei [2] - Expecting a tough match after Chong Wei and Sony dispatched their opponents in straight sets in the 2nd round. Anyway, Chong Wei has the upper hand and should prevail.

MD FANG Chieh Min/LEE Sheng Mu vs Zakry ABDUL LATIF/Fairuzizuan MOHD TAZARI - The Chinese Taipei duo have upset the 8th seeds LEE/HWANG and the Malaysians have stunned the 2nd seeds FU/CAI in the their 1st rounds. But the Malaysians should win it.

MD TSAI Chia Hsin/HU Chung Hsien vs CHOONG Tan Fook/LEE Wan Wah [6] - Even the unseeded pair has shocked the top seeds Koo/Tan in the previous round, the Malaysian veterans should still take it.

#1 robin7, Nov 22, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  2. rexymania

rexymania Regular Member

technical
    rexy will wallop them....................................

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There will also be 4 matches involving INA player/pairs, including one all-Indonesian match, ensuring at least 1 representative in the Semi-Final on Friday

MEN'S SINGLES QF
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Lee Chong Wei -- another Sony vs LCW match and I think LCW should triumph on current form.

MEN'S DOUBLES QF
    Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan -- one again, an opportunity to win a Super Series title opens up with all three top seeds losing. A tough match for Kido/Hendra and I hope they win.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES QF
    Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir
    vs Pan Pan/Tian Qing -- the surprise defeat of Chien/Cheng means that Vita/Butet need to beat the upcoming Chinese WD pair. They have done that before and I think they will be the only non-Chinese pair in the Semi-Finals.

MIXED DOUBLES QF
    Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa vs Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir -- Nova/Butet have never beaten Flandy/Vita before and I think Flandy/Vita is a stronger and much more stable pairing. Flandy/Vita to win in 3 sets.

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    the old cowboys will help MAS to regain glory again by avenging KKK/TBH defeat. second time already, 1st time was in FO. :cool:

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I have no doubt about Choong/Lee ability, as a matter of fact I think they are still one of the best MD despite of their age. The issue is winning the title which they have yet to proof capable of, imagine our disappointment again and again and again and again and again and again ... all the way to the final and lose :crying::crying::crying::crying:
    I rather put my money on the young pair to deliver.

6. Rubinjo

Rubinjo Regular Member

But what about Kenneth vs PSH?
    I bet on Kenneth,couse PSH has done his life competition already and i think he's tired.
    And then I hope on Chen Hong:D, Lee and Gade.

#6 Rubinjo, Nov 22, 2007
  7. Simoneolivelli

Simoneolivelli Regular Member

I have heard that LYB said to CH: "Ok, you can play. But if you play against a chinese player who can play at Bejing 2008... you will lose or retire".

We will see tomorrow. I hope no.

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Is up to Chen Hong, he certainly in the position to say NO as he longer in the national team, however, he also realize the consequence going against Li Yongbo. I think he will do the "right" thing regardless, he knows he has no chance to go for Olympic anyway. He will play to his best and enjoy the "practice" then find a way to lose. We should not make such a big deal out of this, Chen Hong is a true warrior put in the difficult position. Just my 2 cent.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Will CH withdraw again? Isn't he the defending champion? I believe CO is quite special and precious to him.

10. Silencer

Silencer Regular Member

WEi, cctv5 will show who play today????

AND HOPE FOR PSH TO GO ALL THE WAY TO FINAL, AND HAVE A MATCH WITH LCW, AND LCW SHOULD PREVAIL.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I believe the coach(es) did not prepare them well mentally.Although MAS MDs have really hot skills, that is not enough if they don't use the tactics to match. Maybe the coach could walk them through a session of ' what ifs'. Although lww/ctf has a wealth of experience to handle situations, the NSS is too fast to make turnarounds.If they are not prepared for an opponent's unexpected game plan, panic takes over and they just cannot get back to the A game , hence the loss.
    Very important to walk through 'what ifs' mentally then when it comes , they know exactly what to do;which button to push out of 6, instead of trying to decide in the match under pressure.This is what I call 'full mental preparation'

12. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

does anyone knows when the first match begin today??

13. Winnie Lim1314

Winnie Lim1314 Regular Member

i think it should be at 2.00pm..

14. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    hmm... the ironicity of this SS...Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari are meeting Cai Yun and Fu Hai Feng again in Hong Kong Open...hha

15. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I juz noe tat KKK/TBH were def again by lower rank player!!Wat a big upset!!:(But wat 2 do??Juz hope they can do well in next tournament!!

Well..back to today's match!!

LCW vs Sony:I doubt tat LCW can def Sony in straight sets..but I m rooting for him..GAMBATE!!50-50...:)

Zakry/Fairuz vs Fang/Lee:GAMBATE Malaysian!!:);)

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!

#15 Felicia_txh, Nov 22, 2007
  16. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

hope the best for malaysian players
    MALAYSIA PASTI BOLEH!!!!!!!!!

17. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

wonder what happen to chen jin?
    did he make it to QF?

18. TH_4_President

thanks for your info :)

19. TH_4_President

however, I do think that only nova/Butet having the abilities to challenge most likely opponent in final zheng bo/Gao ling so far, since Flavi never beaten them so far, so I'll go for Nova/ butet in thrilling rubber sets, and I hope Butet can show her best performance in this SS :cool:

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I got to say Ginseng Power is lasting. I would not underestimate this guy PSH. He is on some kind of 'high'. I thought he would fade after his 3 sets gainst LD but he proved he could go another 3 sets with Hafiz. PG would have to be at his best to win this coz I think PSH is runing on adrenalin and that is enough !