Yonex Nanospeed 8000!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daisuke, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

sorry about the other post i made, i made a mistake.

heres the new thread:

i am interested in buying a Yonex Nanospeed 8000, its " Extra Stiff " ? can someone tell me what that means?, it comes in 3U(85.0-89.9g) / G4, 5
    2U(90.0-94.9g) / G3, 4, 5, which one would u prefer the 3u or the 2u???
    and what string tension is recommended?? someone give me choices and the differences between them, i am a power hitter, i like smashes and maybe drops, love clears.

Also if someone thinks there is a good AMORTEC racket other than the 900 let me know, i was thinking of the 800 but i dont rly like the colour, can someone tell me if i should get the 800?? for attack increase, and what makes the racket such a good offense??

ty.

2. mmnoor

mmnoor Regular Member

I would say that the NS series is a head light range while the armortec series is more head heavy. But personally i never did tried the NS series yet....

For the Armortec series, I would say that the AT700 is a very good racket. head heavy and not as stiff as AT900.

My choice - 3U. 2U is a little too heavy for me after adding strings and grip. 4U is too light. G5 because i like thin grips, as it gives me more control. I have long fingers and so i am not comfortable with a thick handle.

As pointed out in one of the threads, there difference between G3,4 and 5 is mere mm's. So just hold the racket in your hand and try it, you'll be able to figure out which one suits you.

3. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

can u recommend me to a AT series racket and tell more about the NANOSPEED 8000, does it smash good? good offense racket?

4. mmnoor

mmnoor Regular Member

Maybe you can PM ants?? he does a lot of reviews on Yonex rackets...

He's the man you should seek, O young Padawan

5. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    IMO, the NS8k takes a little more effort to generate power because you simply need a faster swing. however if you are able to flex the shaft, the power is just insane with this racket. The NS8K is more of a control racket but then again, this is based on personal preference.

As for the At700, it is quite head heavy( not a problem for me though) and stiff, even though its rated as extra stiff. The At series has been a " powerhouse" series because all their rackets are head heavy which makes it much easier to generate the power, however you will need to develop wrist and swing speed to take full potential of the rackets capabilities. The At700 is very good for control and as ive said before, generates raw power! Mine is a 4u( 3u might of been more ideal for me but its still good) and its fast enough for doubles.

In conclusion, think about the At700. If you want something that is lighter yet still has an ease in generating power, try the Armortec 900 Technique but must be 3U! Also, if you have the chance, try out some racket and see what you like because what i like may not be suitable for you. =P

6. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

ty so much bennny!

im prob gonna get the nano speed 8000 can u tell me the kind of tension i should get?? i want to get a tension that is powerful and also that i can do what ever shots i want ( ex drop shots ) i want a tension which will let me get a really good smash, and also about the grip, can u tell me about the 3u and 2u like what the differences are??

which one do u prefer? and what is it good for the nanospeed 8000 , singles, doubles or both?

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    I never really liked the NS8K because the balance feels weird to me. 2u is heavier than 3u, so i would reccomend getting a 3u. Grip size...that will depend on how big your hand is but for the average person, g4 is the benchmark. Tension i really can't help you alot here because if you put it at 24( im pretty sure this is max on NS8k) i find it still a bit loose but for others, they may feel like its too tight and takes away feel. So its really personal preference but to keep it safe, id say 22lbs, but lets see what other BC members would reccomend =] btw, what racket are you upgrading from?

8. Daisuke

Daisuke Regular Member

uhm my old one was like a.. blackknight TF-90 but im giving it to my bro, but i really upgraded froma Yenox Carbonex 8800 LIGHT, it was a good racket really light, but it had no power.

9. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

I've done alot of info searching on rackets. The Ns8k is balanced in weight distribution and is easier to move around with, but lacks power because of that. Ns8k is more of a defensive racket; however, both the Ns9k versions are slightly head heavier in terms of balance and will generate more smashing power. Other aspects of these rackets should be almost the same.

I recommend the Ns9k(S) for you since you enjoy the NS series and power for smashing, it also have a better net play. The Ns9k(X) will only be more powerful if you perfect your swing technique and gain an adequte speed without injurying your shoulders.

As for the string, BG80 at 24lb sounds just about right for any intermidiate player. This set up will create alot of offsensive power without sacrifing too much defense and manouverability.

10. Vincent604

And buy the grip size 1 lower than the most comfortable as the overgrip will make it bigger.

I'm an average build asian guy, and I feel best with the G5. The G4 with overgrip is too bulky and it forces me to hold the racket incorrectly sometimes; this results in hand injury.

But in the end it's your own feel, try to hold and swing each size racket on your own and decide after testing.

11. Vincent604

The 3U and 2U ratings represent the total weight of the racket. Usually, you can't go wrong with a 3U racket unless you have a specific requirment (especually for the Nano series).

In theory, a heavier racket (2U) can smash hadrer than a 3U with greater gravitational pull and torque. But you can swing faster with a lighter racket which can also create energy from speed. Overall, a 3U racket is quicker to react with and easier to play for a longer time without tiring out.