Badminton Shop in KL

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Libra, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Libra

Libra Guest

Just wondering if anyone can help out with a good badminton store in KL or anywhere in Malaysia for that matter. From what i've read in this forum, Singapore seems like the place to go, is this true?
    I'm looking for the later range or Yonex rackets (MP77/100) and also a pair of shoes... can anyone help out?

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Pls to go to THAI mate! The best at the best rates. U will def be happy! Everybody envies all those Thai for their equipment cost!

Plus u also get a good holiday!

3. Tony Halim

Tony Halim Guest

If you go to KL, you may want to go to Racquets World.
    They have at least two branches at Pudu Plaza and Pertama Complex.
    But you may want to just go to Pertama Complex cos' there are many other shops there selling badminton stuff as well.
    On the other hand, it is the only sports shop at Pudu Plaza.

4. Libra

Libra Guest

Thanks a lot...

Yogesh,
    While prices in Thailand maybe much better, i am not in a position to go there at the moment.

Tony Halim,
    I went to Rackets World at Pertama Complex as recomended. There is a sale currently on and most Yonex rackets are on 30% off. So whoever is interested, you can work out the prices of rackets there:
    MP100 RM689
    MP77 RM629
    MP55 RM603
    Ti10 RM540
    Prices there are before discount. Also, many of the sports shops there are real rip-offs! Imagine paying RM24 for a BG65... no discount and extra for stringing!
    Anyway, that's a lot.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    These retail prices are quite expensive. HK seems cheaper though not as cheap as Thailand.

In M'sia, sometimes the small sports shops NOT sited in a shopping Komplex may be cheaper (less rental costs perhaps)

6. kaushik

kaushik Regular Member

hi,
    i was in KL in july this year.i scoured the city with my friend.i was at pertama complex where i bought a cab22.the whole city is a bloody rip-off.the prices are too high.i think the best places in malaysia would be kuching,johor,penang etc.

7. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Hmm ..

think you'll say the same abut Singapore too if do not know which shop to go to actually ...

The prices that you see quoted here are absolutely the elowest you can get on the street. Not everywhere is the same in Singapore too. I believe if you can find someone who is very, very well informed about the market there, you can find fantastic bargains too ..

For that matter, most of the little shops you can find in Singapore are selling rackets at prices that are 10-20% more than what you see quoted here.
    Eg. MP-100 about SG$ 190-205 instead of the prices like SG$165 I know I can get it at !

8. -SYC-

-SYC- Regular Member

School
    Exactly how cheap is thailand ? How much could you get a arc 10 for?

9. AmourAce1000

AmourAce1000 Regular Member

marketing
    i heard from a friend who just back from Taiwan, the BG66 only sell at NT150.......
    he bought 5 boxes back and only pay for string service.

10. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Anyone bought from Taisen (protech) at bandar baru ampang? Interested at the ns3000 g6 there but the keeper wanted to sell at RRP.