User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In reality, to have the compatriots play all the way out to beat one another is not quite possible way back from Yang Yang, Zhao Jianhua, Dong Jiong, Sun Jun era. Even if players want to, coaches will discourage fearing of injury.
    If players are not going to put out their best effort when facing their team mate then fan is not watching the best badminton so the quota system make sense. Malaysia could have more MD qualify to the event but I will be the first one to say is not exciting to watch either. Is more like a practice session than real match when team mate meet one another if not "injury walk".
    We have so many SS opens that allow all top Chinese to participate and time after time it has proven "team" concept from Chinese players, what else should BWF do?
    We can argue Super Series Final suppose to be the best of the best, but if the best players chose not to play their best instead to achieve other agenda then really defeat the purpose. The previous Grand Prix Final was so exciting to watch in the 90s because only Sun Jun and Dong Joing were qualified and they didn't meet one another. Gave Indonesia MD pairs credit as I recall they have 4 pairs in Gran Prix Final 1998 and yet played very competitive to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had suggested a contest format to eliminate these w/o and match fixing problem before, i will call it Super Skins (SS). Fans will love it because they pay to see the best and only the best. No more waiting or hoping for a certain tournament draw where certain best meet the other bests. Players like it because the best will make money so they will ALWAY play their best in other tournaments as well to increase ranking to be pick in the Super Skins selection. IE, the skins match will encourage every player to play their best in ALL other tournaments. Problem solved.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ighlight=skins
    Last edited by cooler; 12-04-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    i had suggested a contest format to eliminate these w/o and match fixing problem before, i will call it Super Skins (SS). Fans will love it because they pay to see the best and only the best. No more waiting or hoping for a certain tournament draw where certain best meet the other bests. Players like it because the best will make money so they will ALWAY play their best in other tournaments as well to increase ranking to be pick in the Super Skins selection. IE, the skins match will encourage every player to play their best in ALL other tournaments. Problem solved.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ighlight=skins
    The annual Copenhagen Masters is somewhat structured like that...

/Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG... China will NOT attend... BIG DEAL !!! We should just cancel any tournaments that team China is absent.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    The annual Copenhagen Masters is somewhat structured like that...

/Twobeer
    and for some reason, the Copenhagen Master has not been that popular in recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Well... this withdrawal of China from the Super Series shows how different Badminton is from Tennis.
    Cheers... chris@ccc
    Just a question for you guys. Did China withdraw from the SS Finals or they will simply not attend? Either way how can you tell? Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Li Yongbo's reasons for skipping the 2007 Super Series Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Birdwood View Post

Just a question for you guys. Did China withdraw from the SS Finals or they will simply not attend? Either way how can you tell? Thanks

Hi Birdwood,

Li Yongbo said that the intensity of the 12 SS schedule of 2007 has taken its toll. He stated that all his players are very tired and they need to rest and to get back to practice for the Beijing Olympics 2008.

And because the SS Finals do not give any Olympic ranking points, he decided to skip the event.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the reasoning. I just don't know if they had signed up for the SS Finals, then backed off (truly withdrew from it). Or they had never signed-up to play in he first place (consider to play dose not count). There is a huge difference for that in business deals. I am just curious.

BTW, I love your "invitation". It's very clear to me. It's either a qualified Open or Invitation based on qualification, whichever the way to say it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K View Post
    OMG... China will NOT attend... BIG DEAL !!! We should just cancel any tournaments that team China is absent.
    Why should CHN decide a tournament? I look forward to a tournament that's CHN -free.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris@ccc View Post
    Hi Birdwood,

Li Yongbo said that the intensity of the 12 SS schedule of 2007 has taken its toll. He stated that all his players are very tired and they need to rest and to get back to practice for the Beijing Olympics 2008.

And because the SS Finals do not give any Olympic ranking points, he decided to skip the event.

Cheers... chris@ccc
    If the finals were to be held in CHN,I wouldn't be surprised LYB will have his team super ready,tired or otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it true china will not attend SS final?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Why should CHN decide a tournament? I look forward to a tournament that's CHN -free.
    Indeed. I don't see why CHN should have any rule over BWF in badminton when it's the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN not attend?
    i lost my interest in ss final now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see LD and XXF's performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a shame, but one nation's participation should not influence the organisation of an international tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all, who really care? We want fair and good game. There are plenty of world class players even though they are not ranking top 5. I am looking forward to see exciting game in final SS and wish them to earn some good $ while CHN is not coming. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sepang View Post
    After all, who really care? We want fair and good game. There are plenty of world class players even though they are not ranking top 5. I am looking forward to see exciting game in final SS and wish them to earn some good $ while CHN is not coming. :-)
    As far as sponsorship is concerned, it's a BIG deal if CHN team is not participating. Just imagine if any Grand Slam without Roger Federer and Rafal Nadal

As a badminton fan, it matters less. In terms of skills, CHN team still has slightly edge against the rest of the world. Did u "wow" when u saw LD played against LCW?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast