Do You Want Reduce the Shock of the String With High Tension ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Raymond Lai, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Raymond Lai

Raymond Lai New Member

Student
    hi, i found out that grips can help reduce vibration of the string and gain comfort using your rackets. a pack of three grips is like a set of suspension on the car. i put 3-5 grips on my rackets. i used to felt painful because of the tension and stiffness of my rackets, but now i lower the tension and wraps more grips on my rackets i do much better:cool:

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Actually that might not be a good idea as it totally skewers the original balance of the racquet to extreme head light bias. You might end up getting tennis elbow from over-torqueing your arm. Instead of three overgrips, it's better to use one thick overgrip such as Black Knight T.U.F Re-Grip. Anything that has the ridges bevels will ease the shock of the string. Either that or play with low tension ravcquets. Having both multiple grips and low tensioned string is overkill.

3. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    i agree with cappy75 it will make your racket head lighter, unless thats what you want... just find one thick soft comfortable grip and lower the tension down to whatever your comfortable with.

4. morewood1

morewood1 Regular Member

Your grip size was the wrong one in the first place if you play with upto 5 overgrips, next time your shopping for a racquet buy one which fits your hand better. As for reducing string tension yep 20lbs will produce far less shock to your arm than 30lbs, thats why its never a good idea to go mad with the tension, just progressivley alter it.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Just a suggestion. 1) Don't use 5 over grips unless you have money to burn. 2) Even if you have hand of Michael Jorden, add replacement grip over the current grip will do. 3) This is important, to save you money, do a search on how to use rubber band. 4) Listen to Kwun, higher tension does not necessary make you a better player. Find a tension the suit you the best.

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    a too thick grip will cause the head lighter,which means no power.It's good if u wanna play defense,but if u r looking for power..i dont think u should do that.Too-thick grip is also causing uncomfy to some..

Besides,can the shock of the string can cause u any injury?I doubt so..the injury u may get is probably from the stiffness of the shaft,or the high tension on string,or the head is too heavy.