User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KooFan.. If there is nothing good to say.. better not say it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    I am not one to jump on sides before reading both sides of the story, but anybody else thought the response on here to Azalina's comment might have been an overreaction? Anybody knows if she made the comment in a serious manner or in jest?

This however, is certainly one.

1) Wilfredlgf, you certainly have not been following the news.
    I was not over reacting - this is not the 1st time Datuk Azalina make such statements. I've read so many I'm sorta immune to it by now.

+ she's a high profile minister trying to proof she's making good progress in her portfolio. + she's known to be a go-getter, no laid back kinda thing with her.

just one example, after debacle in football at Asia Cup, she wanted to pull football off the elit prog, give the budget to other sports. She put it forth to cabinet, they discussed it, football still elit sports but must proof their worth.

So when the sports minister want "penjelasan" its serious business.

2) I also mentioned NSC. NSc is bigger boss than BAM. The NSC director has said to badminton, gold in Olympics or else the whip will start cracking. That was what he was quoted as saying - means some people will lose their jobs.

NSC approves the budget a sports association uses - badminton is elit sports, high expectations.

Another example: If KKK/TBH had not won gold in Doha, Yap KIm Hock would have lost his job, the press said as much, and has happened before in Malaysia and other countries.
    Cos Yap KH backed up Rexy when Rexy choose inexperienced pairs to go and they lost in team event.

+ NSC director obvoiusly don't like YKH and said in effect " YKH was appointed by BAM, I dont know if he was ready to take up the post." Shortly after that there were a few incidents where this director tried to cause trouble and undermine YKH's reputation.

And, I heard from a friend of mine working in NSC that politics pretty much come into play there, which is no surprise.

Oh yeah, before anyone mention Hafiz aka Mr Yoyo, he's with private club Nusa Mahsuri, so the powers that be cant put as much pressure on him.

There are other examples but I tak kuasa to explain, read up, see the trends.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 11-28-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    KooFan.. If there is nothing good to say.. better not say it.
    ohh.about my criticisms above..?
    ok.sorry for being quite annoying but i really cant stand pemuda.
    he can give criticisms about how our country works but theres no solutions stated.and i hope u know,this is not the first time.

but anyway,sorry..im being off topic .my post is not relevant to the title of the thread.sorry.(this apology is for pemuda too)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    1) Wilfredlgf, you certainly have not been following the news.
    I was not over reacting - this is not the 1st time Datuk Azalina make such statements. I've read so many I'm sorta immune to it by now.

+ she's a high profile minister trying to proof she's making good progress in her portfolio. + she's known to be a go-getter, no laid back kinda thing with her.

just one example, after debacle in football at Asia Cup, she wanted to pull football off the elit prog, give the budget to other sports. She put it forth to cabinet, they discussed it, football still elit sports but must proof their worth.

So when the sports minister want "penjelasan" its serious business.

2) I also mentioned NSC. NSc is bigger boss than BAM. The NSC director has said to badminton, gold in Olympics or else the whip will start cracking. That was what he was quoted as saying - means some people will lose their jobs.

NSC approves the budget a sports association uses - badminton is elit sports, high expectations.

Another example: If KKK/TBH had not won gold in Doha, Yap KIm Hock would have lost his job, the press said as much, and has happened before in Malaysia and other countries.
    Cos Yap KH backed up Rexy when Rexy choose inexperienced pairs to go and they lost in team event.

+ NSC director obvoiusly don't like YKH and said in effect " YKH was appointed by BAM, I dont know if he was ready to take up the post." Shortly after that there were a few incidents where this director tried to cause trouble and undermine YKH's reputation.

And, I heard from a friend of mine working in NSC that politics pretty much come into play there, which is no surprise.

Oh yeah, before anyone mention Hafiz aka Mr Yoyo, he's with private club Nusa Mahsuri, so the powers that be cant put as much pressure on him.

There are other examples but I tak kuasa to explain, read up, see the trends.
    that is why brother,i asked u to not explain all this.dont even bring it up.
    we gained nothing.unless if we reveal all this in this forum,we can stop her.(as our 'honourable' press wont say anything bad about this).

but i think we are all know,it wont happen.
    in the end,buat tambah sakit hati n memang tak kuasa nak layan.so better jangan layan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/list]Wait, are you asking me to answer for all the above? Using specific cases to apply a generalisation on the whole system? Help me, the focus is too broad.
    Nooo ... did I asked for an answer?? You said and I quote "The day you have anything good to say about this country is when the 49th Swine Squadron fly overhead in a swan formation". I then merely provided you with not 1 but 3 things which are good about Malaysia.

Specific generalisation on a whole system?? Hmmm ... interesting, care to elaborate further?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    can i say sumtin pemuda?..i got nothing to do with this.dont involve me.

u are always complaint,then complaint and complaint.everything is not right 4 u.
    do u have any suggestions on how to improves our nation ?
    dont just talk.do the work.Have u done sumtin for our country?
    Ok, allow me to answer your questions.

What is so right?? Lets look at this Azalina's comments on LCW. She singled out LCW despite knowing very well that Hafiz performed even worst. Is this playing to the gallery to boost her popularity amongst certain segment of people??

I complained about our sports being in the pits. Isnt it so?? When was the last time we took home that Thomas Cup?? Ever won the WC? In football, look at our standards, even tiny little dot, Singapore made it to the 2nd round for the coming WC qualifying. Where are we in men's hockey today? Better not mention women's hockey cos we are non existent. Even sepak takraw, we are behind Thailand.

What is wrong in complaining about our education system, crime rates or health care services?? Look at the standard of English amongst our local graduates today. Where is University Malaya as compared to Nanyang University of Singapore? Look at our crime rates, it is on the rise. Go take a look at our hospitals, it is pretty 3rd world.

What have I done for our country?? Ok, I represented the nation in football some years ago, the under 21 and then under 23 team. I gave up the game because I got fed up with the nonsense in FAM i.e. the favoritism, in-fighting and politicking , unprofessionalism and a whole host of other things which I dont want to mention. Let me give you an example, once we went to France for a junior tournament, the officials who accompanied us amounted to about 18 people of which half were not even there for football matters. They went shopping and sight-seeing. Imagine, our squad of 23 players, we got 18 'officials' accompanying us! Do you know our Malaysian team then had the largest number of so called officials?

Now, dont say I am bitter. Actually, I am glad to give up football cos the game is a dead end in this country. Football for a university degree, I am glad I took that decision.

Other than representing my country, I am a law abiding citizen and pay all my taxes on time.

Lastly, on your question "do you have any suggestions on how to improves our nation" . ..... One word comes to mind .... apathy. Get rid of it.
    Last edited by Pemuda; 11-28-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup ! just ignore the statement , to politician ..motivation method just Bang! Bang! Bang ! statement.. please lah...

I'm don't thick she well known or good knowledge in racket sport , she just excellent in motor racing world..that true..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up The enjoyment of Badminton comes first, the money reward is just a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by xymaerts View Post

Currently, a man ranked among the top two in the world gets an incentive of RM15,000 a month. Women in the same standing gets less than RM8,000.

Hi xymaerts,

The reward, LCW gets the allowance of RM15,000 a month, is intended to encourage other Malaysian players to work harder... to be better players.

However, I am disappointed that only males can get RM15K, while females can only get about half of it.

Question: Are these financial rewards applying to all other sports, besides Badminton, as well ?

IMHO, good money isn't everything. Other supports for players are also required, such as, good training facilities, enjoyable activity programs, exciting environments, etc..., all play a great part to help players to perform better.

And also, if a player is only encouraged to do well for the money reward but not for himself/herself, then the purpose of self-existence would be lost.

It is hope that when LCW plays in a tournament, he is also enjoying the tournament. Let him show us his fighting spirit, his talents, his skills, his sportsmanship, etc......

And the enjoyment of Badminton comes first, the money reward is just a bonus.

Cheers... chris@ccc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The incentives given to athletes has it's pro and cons

Pro: It encourages the players to do well and also other players not doing so well.

Con: When the player flops JUST ONCE, the politicians and the media go on and on about wasting money on the players and so on.

Example: Nicol and Chong Wei.

They have both been consistent players and in my opinion, they deserve the money, they have been winning tournaments for us, they totally deserve it. Sure, they flop once or twice, but then again, no one's perfect. But the important thing is that they get back up again and pick up ,from where they last were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Specific generalisation on a whole system?? Hmmm ... interesting, care to elaborate further?
    It goes like this:

If we catch five swans and all of them have white feather then all swans are white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It goes like this:

If we catch five swans and all of them have white feather then all swans are white.
    ... provided they are all swans. Mongs may take a dove as a swan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is if you add mongs into the equation. The original statement however cannot be proven true unless you narrow the argument to only include the condition of finding five white swans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... and the conditions to finding 5 white swans are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting pretty boring my friend. You and I both know what we are both talking about and it's 3:30 in the morning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont tell me it is getting boring. You're the one who brought up em' swans.
    3.30am? Not my problem ... suggest you start a hobby like collecting bottle caps than staying up at 3.30am trolling the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I brought up 'em swans in the 'cause and effect' manner - your vitriolic replies (at any time the opportunity arises) caused me to effect a statement to encourage some moderation, be it in style or content. Being 'in your face' is good, but the ones that make impressions aren't the one that are loudest, it's the one that actually makes sense.

Our politicians 'are all idiots' eh? I suppose it's only the best and cleverest cabinet or parliament if it's filled with people you like or think are right, yes? That is realpolitik - you know this. I'd like to call you an idiot for being so full of bile but I decided that I shouldn't try to emulate what I disagree with. To adapt a famous saying - don't argue with somebody who agrees with what you disagree; they will bring you to their level and beat you with experience.

Besides, it's 7 plus pm in the UK - we just won in that fantastic game vs Porto; the Rafa banners & march and goals borders on amazing.
    Last edited by wilfredlgf; 12-01-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh ... must have touched a raw nerve there. Cause and effect manner? How so when you are unable to explain the conditions for findings that 5 swans??

And your comments make sense? A example of what moderation is all about? Well, you sure think highly of yourself.

On your ;"I suppose it's only the best and cleverest cabinet or parliament if it's filled with people you like or think are right, yes?" , wait a minute here ... what has the cabinet or parliament gotta do Azalina's comments? And how do you know I dont like Azalina? But since you mentioned politics, I will say this, it will be difficult for one to see the trees through the forest especially when one's head is stucked in the sand.

Firstly it was 3.30am Msian time and now its U.K time and Rafa & Liverpool. What has this gotta do with LCW, Azalina's comments, our debate and all??

Talk about famous sayings .... in my kampong back in Trg, normally someone who acts and thinks that he is smart but in actual fact he is an idiot is called bodoh nyanyok.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast