Yonex Warranty in the U.S

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Icerabbit, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Icerabbit

Icerabbit Regular Member

I recently cracked my ns-8k on the tip of the frame (but its really faint) due to a birdy hitting near the top... i strung it at 24lbs with bg-65ti... and bought it approx. 1-2 weeks ago. do you know if YOnex USA will likely replace it? IM A STUDENT:crying:i can't afford anymore rackets :crying:

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    calling master SH.....
    calling master SH.....

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

FYI, IF this is a US coded racquet, it has 1 year warranty against defect. If you crack the frame on a birdy shot, it is a defect. Please take it back to the shop you bought it from and ask for replacement. If this is really a crack, do not use it any more because it will snap on the next frame shot. If this is not s US coded racquet, you are SOL. CD coded has 6 month warranty.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    master SH,
    does he need to bring along receipt or any purchase proof?
    does he need to inform that it breaks due to mis-hit?

5. silentheart

If he bring it back to the store he bought the racquet, most likely no because store will have the record of purchase.
    I does not hurt to write a small paragraph to explain that your frame actually hit a badminton shuttle on a miss hit, not a space shuttle.

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    :eek:
    you can hit the shuttlecock into space??? :D:D:D
    no longer will call you master SH, replace to super SH then....:p
    hopefully the store can recall or the salesperson can remember who buy which racket.......

7. Icerabbit

Icerabbit Regular Member

i bought it from a Craigslist store called "Golden STate Sports" ... they said that they don't give receipts , so wat do i do now?

8. silentheart

Is it a US coded? What is the date code?

9. Icerabbit

Icerabbit Regular Member

Cone:170773US
    SHaft: 7023903

10. silentheart

Call Yonex USA at 800-44-YONEX and option 2. Tell them you need to file a warranty replacement and a RMA#. Explain what happen.

11. Icerabbit

Icerabbit Regular Member

um... i already did, they said i had to have bought it from an authorized dealer and they said GS sports isnt one of them:eek::crying:

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I assume that this GS sports store is mainly an online store, like an ebay store type? Hmmm... This is indeed very tricky. Do they at least have a store front? If there a way to contact them in person? It's easier for the store to contact them.

However, I can see some complication in this matter already, as they are not the authorized dealership. That's exactly why many ppl here recommend players to purchase from authorized dealers if you do care about the warranty, to minimize the problem once it comes to warranty claim. :eek: The "joe doe" stores around the corner or online might be cheaper on the price tag, but warranty claim could be a pain.

Also, I believe Yonex US request you NOT to cut / remove the string on the racket. However, i don't think they 100% enforce the rule, though.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ouch............ Well the giving no reciept part most likely the indicator of not being an authorized dealer.

Craigslist store hmm, a bit tricky indeed.

#13 Matt, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    The "no receipt" seems fishy to me.. if bought online proof of purchase should be quite straightforward (payment transaction and delivery)....

If the racket has a manufacture defect and is indeed genuine, it seems incomprehensible to me for Yonex to not replace a faulty product..

I would really have to ask, Where the pride is in their products and quality, If they will not replace faulty products, regardless of channel of sale...

But of course without proof of purchase, and proof of being a genuine racket then I would not expect a warranty claim to be honored...

/Twobeer

15. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    There are reasons why they would do this. Even for electronics (ie Sony, Polk Audio, Harman Kardon), the manufacturers specicially state, products must be purchased from an authorized dealer to be warranted.

Here is Polks Audio's policy for instance.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/dealerlocator/authorized.php

#15 Matt, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  16. silentheart

Dear Master Twobeer,
    Sorry, I have to speak for the evil empire this time.
    1) It is to reward the one follows the rule.
    2) It is to secure supply chain.
    3) It is to make sure the shop is good.
    4) Just like Matt said, It could be a fake. If so, Yonex need to pay $20 to send it back to the one bought a fake.
    5) 1 less racquet for the evil empire to warranty.

Money saved is money earned...

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Correcting manufacturing defects should not be seen as a "reward" imop.

Securing the supply-chain would be better by offer positive incentives not negative incentives to use it..

No, I think its about ensuirng the products are good :)

If it is a fake, I think Yonex should sue him, for trying to claim warranty on illegal productucts!! Certainly not pay $20 to return an illegal fake!!

:D :cool:

I hope they earn more money by standing firm behind their products and quality.. (Sony is a great example offering world wide warranties on their products regardless of where it was bought).

/Twobeer

P.S. SH, I am really sorry if I am being to negative here.. but I critize Yonex because I like their products.. Otherwise i wouldn't care at all :) D.S.

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    http://archive.gulfnews.com/supplements/laptopsaug2006/more_stories/10060571.html

http://www.sonystyle.com/wcsstore/SonyStyleStorefrontAssetStore/pdf/HiFi_1yrCDDVD_warranty.pdf

#18 twobeer, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  19. silentheart

Dear Twobeer,

I thank you for your such repectful disagreements. Here is my respond to your points.
    1) I agree that replacing a defective item should not be a reward to the shop. However, YY has no way to punish the un-auth shop.
    2) I should correct myself. If you bought a real US coded YY racquet from a non-auth shop, Yonex does not know what the shop did to the racquet, where it came from (ie. I got my racquet that fell off a truck).
    3) I agree both should be good. I just want to say that if a shop come back with 20 different racquets for warranty, Yonex will pay them a visit to see if the stringer is doing a good job.
    4) If a student bought a fake one and send it in for warranty claim, what should YY do? Sue the kid or the parents? This is just a more economical way to stop the abuse.
    5) NO COMMENT!

YY stand firm behind their product and that is why there is a 1 yr warranty in US and 6 month in Canada. Sorry to be the devil's advicate on this subject. I already sold my soul to the darkside...

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I've read and that is is applicable assumming it is purchased from an authorized dealer. If not, then you're out of luck unless the manufactuer gives the exception otherwise.

It is hard to say, if you purchase from a non-authorized dealer - who knows where the racket originated. I do not support any unauthorized dealers for anything.

#20 Matt, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007