User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the incident warranted to be brought out here as a thread for discussion. It appears that d65up2 has a previous bad "encounter" with Clark, which compounded to his thinking about what that gesture meant. Arrogant is a personality question, which may appeal to some, but not the others. And I would not call Clark arrogant if I want to take the moral high ground. So if d65up2 has any personal problems with Clark, please send him an e-mail or note. Please there is no need to broadcast that information, since I don't think that's an issue to start with, and even if it was, that's between you and him, and had nothing to do with the rest of us, left alone to debate on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's the fact that he looks like Sir Paul McCartney haha

Did anyone here see him walk towards the service judge/umpire at the end of a match to shake hands but only NOT to at the very last second? That was pretty rude I felt. It was a match that was downloaded through a link provided here at BC, so maybe some of you saw that as well. I think it was from the Sudirman Cup or World Championships.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you like clarke's opponents more, when clarke does something not appealing for sure you won't really like it. when Lin Dan fist Peter Gade, that was when I didn't really liked him because I liked Gade more. same manner of reaction to the "clarke shh-ing" situation.
    and who knows, Anthony might have thought that Candra would accept that kind of gesture because he feels that all the players are a bunch of friends, so they would not take it to heart? (because my friends and I make fun of or taunt each other for fun and in the end we just laugh our a**es off).

so come on, stop getting so worked at each other up over his gesture, the sudirman cup is months ago. and if this continues, the person doing that "shhh" sign would be the mods instead of anthony clarke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    To V3I HONG here..

Well..that's just my personal opinion.I wasn't "trade-marking" clark,n I wasn't disrespecting anyone here,am i?I just thought that clark isn't supposed to do so,esp in men's doubles,since most of players shouts,am i right?..regardless who's he playing with.
    Besides,like i said,it's my personal opinion.

The decision of whether it's offensive or not,is made from those points..from how popular these players are.Don't u think so?Just imagine between 2 players playing..one a very old player(career),n one is a new player.Another one,both of them r very old players.Which one that ppl might talk more,if incase the "shhh..."ing happends?

Let's put it this way..ur oldest pair,LWW,CTF..not urs,but malaysian i meant..i'm afraid u'll get it wrong..like u did with my comment.

They shouts alot rite?Like any doubles players..then suddenly,someone unknown(by u)..actually he played in alot of tournaments already,but u never seen him played b4.U respected ur pair alot.Maybe for u,they r legends.They have fight 4 ur country for more than 10 years.N somehow,when they shout in a game,the opponent "shhhh.."ing him..wouldnt u feel the same with us?Even though maybe this might not be the incident that ppl would talk about..but won't u feel that somehow that guy shouldn't do so to ur respected player?

Btw,did i talk trash about Clark?How come u said i didn't respect him?..or u simply just looking for a trouble between us?hehe..i dont care though..
    Well I think thats the way we should put it..well said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad_fanatic View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with shouting when you win a rally. It annoys me when you stare down at your opponent when you win a rally or pump your fist directly at them.
    thast how my kkk played badminton.
    and im ok with this style.instead,he melt my heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d65up2 View Post
    Well I think thats the way we should put it..well said
    well said?are u sure?his opinion is totally unacceptable.

for the argument between smichz and V3I HONG,im in V3I HONG's side.
    its not bcoz he is malaysian and i have to support my own people,
    but i do agree with him,manners is for all humans.not for prestigous people.
    u maybe a maradona or pele but u still have to respect a beggar.
    manners.thats the value of a human.

anthony clarke is a arrogant player(maybe).but we cant consider him as arrogant human.use the term well.u may hurt somebody.

and V3I HONG,keep fighting.defend ur opinions.im in ur side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, let's have some peace here. Let's not argue about this trivial matter anymore. BCers are not qualified as judges for such things, as how a player walks, look, etc. If we do that, do we also judge every look and move made by TH, LD, LCW, and all other badminton players in tournaments? The answer is no. We are not in BC for that kind of discussion. So please move on with something more important before it develops into personal attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koo_fan View Post
    well said?are u sure?his opinion is totally unacceptable.

for the argument between smichz and V3I HONG,im in V3I HONG's side.
    its not bcoz he is malaysian and i have to support my own people,
    but i do agree with him,manners is for all humans.not for prestigous people.
    u maybe a maradona or pele but u still have to respect a beggar.
    manners.thats the value of a human.

anthony clarke is a arrogant player(maybe).but we cant consider him as arrogant human.use the term well.u may hurt somebody.

and V3I HONG,keep fighting.defend ur opinions.im in ur side.
    Like i said before..there will be more than one opinion regarding this.So,instead of fighting,let's just stop arguing and each of us stands on our own.Me,n maybe others,we don't agree with the clark's "shhh..."ing,since i felt it's not right,to be done by any player to anyone.And,for those who felt that's ok..so be it...just don't be angry next time when it also happends to ur respected players.

Just think about this fact..Shouting happends so often in the doubles.Players shout almost everytime they felt excited after winning an important point,or after smashes.Unlike singles,shouting doesn't happen really often.So,if incase a player were distracted..he can talk to the umpire.Let the umpire decide.This way,there'll be no arguments between players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smichz View Post
    Like i said before..there will be more than one opinion regarding this.So,instead of fighting,let's just stop arguing and each of us stands on our own.Me,n maybe others,we don't agree with the clark's "shhh..."ing,since i felt it's not right,to be done by any player to anyone.And,for those who felt that's ok..so be it...just don't be angry next time when it also happends to ur respected players.

Just think about this fact..Shouting happends so often in the doubles.Players shout almost everytime they felt excited after winning an important point,or after smashes.Unlike singles,shouting doesn't happen really often.So,if incase a player were distracted..he can talk to the umpire.Let the umpire decide.This way,there'll be no arguments between players.
    yes.it should be ok smichz.i cannot say anything if that is ur opininion.
    nobody can.just that i agreed with V3I HONG.just that.

u are entitled of urs.lets move on.for u and him.and everyone.

peace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup...let's move on.Next!!..=)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok lets close this thread...but I think this thread is doing well. With 5 pages....lol...

I mean think about it man 5 pages........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d65up2 View Post
    Ok lets close this thread...but I think this thread is doing well. With 5 pages....lol...

I mean think about it man 5 pages........
    wait..before suggest anything to closed this thread..
    lets vote first.
    agree that anthony clark is an arrogant player?
    make conclusion then we can closed this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really isn't any need for a 'vote' - this is not casting or Badminton Idol. I don't see the point in ascertaining that Clark is an arrogant person apart from judging him without knowing him personally, all over a shhh gesture in a match.
    Last edited by wilfredlgf; 12-08-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    There really isn't any need for a 'vote' - this is not casting or Badminton Idol. I don't see the point in ascertaining that Clark is an arrogant person apart from judging him without knowing him personally, all over a shhh gesture in a match.
    wilfred,look at my above statement.arrogant player is not an arrogant person.

we got the same point.and theres nothing wrong of being an arrogant athlete.just decide,whether clark is an arrogant player or not.not judging him personally.we dont know him.
    i would not dare to ask his wife about his attitude.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredlgf View Post
    There really isn't any need for a 'vote' - this is not casting or Badminton Idol.
    ... I vote for cooler as BC's Simon Cowell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I vote for Clark being an arrogant player....I'd say yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop it, just stop it, please

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast