Why is Anthony Clark so Arrogant

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by d65up2, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I am not very happy with what Anthony Clark did to Chandra in Sudirman Cup...it is insulting and it disgust me...but good for him he lost.....

Never like this guy probably the most arrogant badminton player and Nathan come 2nd while Koo Kin Keat is 3rd

But Koo Kin Keat is world No 1 so he has something while the other 2 has nothing especially Anthony CLark so good to see you given reality check in HK open and CHN open so you can stop being so arrogant

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

What did he to do Candra during Sudirman Cup???

3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student

well...Nathan was world no 1 ranked in MXD a few times in 2005 and 2006....Olympic Games runner-up and 2006 World MXD Champ while Anthony Clark is the 2006 World Championships runner-up in both MD and MXD....and you say they have nothin? Maybe Nathan is a little bad tempered sometimes....Clark? So far I havent seen any bad behaviour from him just sometimes when he is real fired up he's really shouty...care to tell us what he did to CANDRA in the SC?

4. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    talking about arrogant players....some players do LOOK arrogant but not neccesarily...my parents hate to see feng/yun play bcos they say they look so arrogant like samseng....I don't know but I don't really like to see XZB and ZB especially....ZB shouts too much...really annoys me...

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    A Post Left Hanging

Considering that the original poster d65up2 either doesn't remember what it was that Clark did to Candra or doesn't want us to know that horrible thing, let me tell you...

...what Clark did to Candra is lose to him :D

In the Div 1 Final (ENG-INA), Clark (with Blair) lost to Candra (with Kido) 21-17 and 21-14. :cool:

Now that was certainly very bad of Clark, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

6. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    It COULD be the part where it is 12-12 in the first game, and Clark returns a serve wide, Candra cheers and Clark walks up to the net and just puts his finger in front of his lips and went "shhhh". Other than that, I don't really see anything arrogant about Anthony Clark

7. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student

Yap dats the one....Yea ok Nathan and Clarke have dat but lets compare them to Candra....World CHAMPION (not runners ups) with Sigit and Olympic champions with Tony....

Tony Gunawan World Champion with Howard Bach and Halim Haryanto....of course Olympic champions....Thomas cup winners

So who the heck is Anthony Clark to ask Candra to shut up?????

Koo Kin Keat-Tan Boon Heong....World No 1, All England Champion, Asian Games WInner.......

Nova-Lily......2 times world champion..

I mean about Zheng Bo if he shouts or arrogant is alrite he has something........Anthony and Nathan...(well Nathan is world champion once but Nova twice and Gao Ling five times).....with Cai and Fu....they are awesome players

I met Clarke personally don't really like him...he looks down on Indonesian players thinking he is better than all of them really pisses me off

England is better than Indonesia in badminton?? come on INA has 13 Thomas cup, 2 Uber Cup, Lots of Olympic gold medalist and World Champion while England??????? just the 2006 and that makes Clark so arrogant!!! Wat the heck

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

In reality, Zheng Bo is a friendly chap. Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun are also not as bad as what you guys think of. I have also met Chen Jin, Guo Zhendong, Lu Lan, Xie Zhongbo and they are all pretty friendly. Chen Jin greeted me when I met him after his victory over Sony this afternoon. A nice guy :D

9. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    dude..i highly doubts he looks down on indonesian players thnking he is better than them...maybe you just took it the wrong way...he was just pumped up like chandra .....would you call chandra shouting everytime he wins a point arrogant? this thread is stupid

10. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    dude come on man keep on posting is good.......is not the best thread.....nah seriously I met the guy before in the train on the way to London...here is my conversation with him:

Me: So Anthony what do you think of Indonesian Badminton??
    AC: Nothing special...I think in the next super series England is going to totally own them..

Me: Sorry mate I don't think you are making any sense....we have alot of talented player...you faced Candra and know how deadly he is

AC: well yea but me and Donna together with Nathan and Gail are one of the best in the world...we are only scared of Zeng Bo and Gao Ling while with the rest.......they are not that special

That is my friend complete arrogance!!

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Well..yeah,i personally think that he's one of the arrogant player among the badminton pros.

I personally think that the player's shout was simply the act of excitement.I usually did that when i was excited after winning a hard point,or u often heard players shout when smashing.That's absolutely normal.Didn't mean anything,or to disturb the other player.But,i also know,if u're a player,u wont like the opponents get too excited n shouts so much.

So,i guess Clark's act to "sttt.."chandra was absolutely unnecesary.They think they r really good,yet they still beaten by the pair.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..IMO, he might or might not..

..the act of him gesturing a "shhh" sign to Candra may not suggest that he's arrogant. He might've simply just felt annoyed by it...however..
    ..if this account did happen, then maybe he might be "underestimating" the INA players....although, he could be teasing or just merely being sarcastic..:p;)

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Dude, you asked him a question in which I assume you wanted his honest opinion...

So he gave you his personal opinion, which probably was not what you were looking for... then you categorized him as being arrogant!?:confused: Would you call him the "nicest guy in the world" if he answered something along the line of "Indonesia badminton is the best"?:confused:

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    They lost to Candra and Alvent, not KIDO....

The romour that I heard thats the reason behind Blair split from Clark...also some personal matters......

15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

You nearly had me there :eek:

No, sir... it was not Candra & Alvent :p
    The pairing was indeed Candra & Kido :)

Try this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ChS9D-qrY8E (watch from 2:47 onwards)

and here are the specific results:
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/teammatch.aspx?id=15280&match=900

16. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    wrong.. bro.. the correct is candra/kido who beat clark/??? in semifinal of sudirman cup 2007

17. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Of course that is arrogant...he doesn't give us any credits at all....I am not expecting him to say ya Indo badminton is the best bla di bla di bla.......but if you ask these questions to say Jens Eriksen (he is the better player by far) he would be like....yea they are good players but we are capable of beating them ...things like dat

18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Well, it's nice to read an imagined conversation from an imagined meeting :rolleyes:
    Er, was this train journey on the Polar Express? ;)

Grow up dude :cool:

19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Yes, it's the semi-final in the knock-out stage on 16 June 2007 :)

20. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    first of all is not an imagined train journey it was from birmingham to Newcastle...dude Anthony CLark is not dat famous in England...I mean compare to like Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Christiano 'cry baby' Ronaldo, Cesc Fabregas, even Peter from family guy is more well known lol....................

But Anthony Clark is sure the most arrogant one the Nathan come 2nd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.